PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Do English? A social commentary (in progress)

EmotionSickness
26-01-2006, 12:52 AM
later.

Mandy
26-01-2006, 02:41 AM
I love it so far, ES. It's got a lot of your personality in it. Before graduating high school I took a few college courses in English and writing, and it was always something I enjoyed and seemed to be decent at.

Glad to hear you decided to go back to school. Good luck!

Ranman
26-01-2006, 04:08 AM
I liked it, keep it up. ( and I missed you)

dave
26-01-2006, 12:29 PM
How Do I Do English?

<snip> out of place in a room where my professor instructs us, via the dry-erase board, to "analize" a piece of writing. I'm not quite sure how one goes about analizing a piece of writing, or anything for that matter, but I'm sure it's painful. And dirty.

I always used to get in trouble in that type of class. I would have waxed eloquent on just how far up the anal orifice one had to put it to consider it "analized". You could compare and contrast with the scene out of "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" where he is explaining to the police officer why he carries around a pack of Zig-Zag paper, ending by him bending over, dropping his pants, and almost demonstrating...

You have my permission to print this off and give a copy of it to Instructor Carl. (Perhaps you should do it anonymously, to avoid ending up like me, with 128 Units, and no degree... [well, I did take two AAs as I passed them] )
Dave
p.s. If you drop it in the mailbox for the Head of the English Department, they might let you challenge the course.

hasselbrad
26-01-2006, 12:59 PM
It's good to see you back. Congratulations on going back to school. I never finished my degree, and I kick myself every day for not doing so.
As for your writing, I'm very impressed. Observant, insightful and very clever. I can't wait until academia-biased, group-think politics come up.

EmotionSickness
27-01-2006, 02:01 PM

seventhson
01-02-2006, 01:34 AM
ES,
I enjoyed reading your writing almost as much as I enjoy seeing you 'round here again. I've been disconnected from forum so long due to work, work, work.
Write more, please? Write all you like. Let it out, friend. You may set something free. That will be nice.

Peace,
(-: SeventhSon :-)