PDA

View Full Version : Official Super Bowl XL Thread

frodo1511
23-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Seahawks at Steelers, who has the better chance of winning?

hasselbrad
24-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I think the Steelers are a little more battle tested. The Seahawks haven't played the caliber of competition that the Steelers have.
That said, if Shaun (Roll Tide) Alexander gets his swerve on, it could be a long, hellish Sunday for Blitzburgh.

Ranman
24-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Goooo Seahawks

marry rich people
24-01-2006, 10:45 PM
My guess is:
Steelers- 24
Seahawks- 21

The Steelers are simply the more talented team. They have better players in almost every position.

I don't really care who wins this game, but for some reason I want to cheer for the Seahawks. But even if I did cheer for them, I still wouldn't care that much. Superbowls are never as exciting when you don't like/dislike the teams.

DragonRat
25-01-2006, 04:09 AM
Steelers over Seahawks. The Pittsburgh D looks pretty frightening, though I bet it's going to be a very close game. The Steelers look like a team of destiny, but Seattle might save its best performance yet.

Renegade
25-01-2006, 05:22 AM
I don't care much for either team. But I'd choose the Steelers because they'd make the better story (#6 seed, Bettis, beating the Colts). If the Steelers can stack 8+ to stop Alexander, the Steelers will win.

Plus, the Seahawks are in the same division as the Niners. Damn them to hell. Go Pittsburgh.

hasselbrad
25-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Steelers over Seahawks. The Pittsburgh D looks pretty frightening, though I bet it's going to be a very close game. The Steelers look like a team of destiny, but Seattle might save its best performance yet.

Seattle's defense is no slouch.
If Pittburgh is going to blitz, they better guess right. Alexander will kill them if he gets to the second level and no one is home.
I'm just glad the stinkin' Panthers aren't in it.

frodo1511
25-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Seeing as how the Steelers are
A. my mom's favorite team, and
B. crushed my Broncos Sunday, I'll be going for the Seahawks.

I may be going to the Superbowl, just have to play my cards right. I'll let you all know if I get the tickets.

hasselbrad
06-02-2006, 02:29 PM
It's nice that Jerome Bettis was able to go out on top, in his hometown.
I just wish the officials hadn't played such a prominent role in helping.

Jacoby
07-02-2006, 12:37 AM
It's nice that Jerome Bettis was able to go out on top, in his hometown.
I just wish the officials hadn't played such a prominent role in helping.

Okay. So they caused the Seahawks 14 measley points...it's not like it would have made a difference.

I was happy to see the Steelers win. But I was on so much Vicodin I would have been happy with anything. I would have been happy if someone came in and took my foot off with an axe.

I was impressed with Hasselbeck's Quarterbacking, it's the first full football game I've watched in three years, so I knew nothing about this man (I was even shocked when they revealed his baldness to the world, and they didn't even do it dramatically!) He's good in them pockets, but then both quarterbackmen that played last night are. I liked the gadgets Pittsburgh pulled (thank you to Madden to teaching me the football word "gadget") especially the touchdown banaza they pulled off with the double reverse throw. It was a fair match, though. Whatever, I know nothing of football and I don't belong in this thread.

jack67
13-07-2006, 05:34 PM
I was so glad when the Steelers won the Super Bowl because they're my team and I told everyone they were gonna win the Super Bowl!!! They all talked a bunch of sh*t about my team until they beat the Colts and the Broncos, then they tried to play it off like they were going for them all season!!! Bullsh*t!!!

duckula
13-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Enough of the thread resurrection. Post only in threads that have been active over the last few days or start a thread of your own.

PS you seem to have misspelled the word shit. Please consult a dictionary before proceeding with any future profanity.