PDA

View Full Version : Tulip Fever

Sarah
20-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Will Tulip Fever ever be made? I remember Paul saying something about it but I have now forgotten. I read the book recently and I really enjoyed it. Any info please?

Alendor
20-06-2004, 05:25 PM
It's been pushed back untill some other time, which I also have forgotten. But Jennifer Connelly is trying to get it made and I think she might have the "power" to do that. Although it's uncertain whether Jude Law will return for his part or they might get someone else.
That's what I remember for now. We just have wait untill Paul comes and answer it more fully. :)

Louie
20-06-2004, 05:25 PM
I think Paul said something about it being picked up again next year, but that Jude Law probably wasn't going to be in it.

Glow
20-06-2004, 05:39 PM
This "Tulip Wever" is a new or old book who I don't know it ??? :confused: :) Maybe "Tulip Wever" is a new film ??? :D Please, tell me what is it :D

Vertical Vortex
20-06-2004, 05:52 PM
This "Tulip Wever" is a new or old book who I don't know it ??? :confused: :) Maybe "Tulip Wever" is a new film ??? :D Please, tell me what is it :D

what are you talkin about... geez..

the things i've remembered from paul's info is:
yes, TF has a positive future at the moment. And the shooting should be at the same time when POTC 2 and 3 going shooting... so that was a little dilemma...

Glow
20-06-2004, 05:58 PM
OOOps sorry it's Tulip Fever not Tulip Wever :D

KnightleyNews
20-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Yes, it's still on for filming early next year. Jude as Jan is a bit iffy, but Keira is still supposed to be on for Sophia. I'm a bit worried that IMDb have removed her name from the cast list though. Perhaps they know something nobody else does? (which I doubt).

Paul

Hazzle
20-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Yes, it's still on for filming early next year. Jude as Jan is a bit iffy, but Keira is still supposed to be on for Sophia. I'm a bit worried that IMDb have removed her name from the cast list though. Perhaps they know something nobody else does? (which I doubt).

Paul

Yeah, but they're hardly a bible for these sorts of things. Didn't you have to correct them on the spelling of her name and her date of birth?

Sarah
20-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Yeah, but they're hardly a bible for these sorts of things. Didn't you have to correct them on the spelling of her name and her date of birth?

Yes, he did. And they still have the date wrong.

Kelsey
21-06-2004, 12:19 AM
Jennifer Connolly? I like her...does she have any part in this still being made? As producer perhaps? Or was her name was dropped somewhere?

And Glow, as of right now, "Tulip Fever" is only a book, and I believe it is a few years old. The movie will, hopefully, be made starting next year.

Alendor
21-06-2004, 11:34 AM
Jennifer Connolly is definelty at least a co-producer of it. In my opinion she is their best chance of getting it made. So if she get all the finances up and running, then she must have some kind of credit. If she isn't even a producer then they must at least during the credits make a special thanks to her.
I like her too, but I have read the book and I don't know any role that will suit her. If there are one I have forgotten then it'll only be a minor role she has in it.
Jennifer Connolly has probably read the book and liked it, so she wants to get the movie made without any interest in getting a part in it.

Newell4keira
21-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Jennifer Connolly? I like her...does she have any part in this still being made? As producer perhaps? Or was her name was dropped somewhere?

And Glow, as of right now, "Tulip Fever" is only a book, and I believe it is a few years old. The movie will, hopefully, be made starting next year.

Do you know when exactly?

Vertical Vortex
21-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Do you know when exactly?

well, i've heard its about summer 2005... butt i've also heard this is at the same time when they are shooting Pirates 2 and 3... so it was unsure if Keira is still in the flick...

i hope she is coming soon overhere in holland :D cant wait to date her ;)

KnightleyNews
21-06-2004, 06:15 PM
I believe the only connection Tulip Fever has with Jennifer Connolly is that she is to star with husband Paul Bettany in Brideshead Revisited, also being produced by Ruby Films, the company owned by Tulip Fever producer Alison Owen, as reported here (bottom story):
http://www.keiraweb.com/casting.html

JC is not involved with Tulip Fever itself as far as I know. But I'd be happy to be enlightened :)

Paul

EmotionSickness
21-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Paul: concerning the IMDb removing Tulip Fever from Keira's list of credits -- I wouldn't think anything of it. They probably did so upon the request of some random person who emailed them to say that the movie was no longer being made (which at a point in time, wasn't). IMDb is hardly an official-type site, as they have errors often. Most of the stuff that is put on any actor's page there is put there because someone who has absolutely nothing to do with the film industry has emailed them to 'update' it. Remember, they had Keira's b-day wrong for the longest time.

Vertical Vortex
21-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Paul: concerning the IMDb removing Tulip Fever from Keira's list of credits -- I wouldn't think anything of it. They probably did so upon the request of some random person who emailed them to say that the movie was no longer being made (which at a point in time, wasn't). IMDb is hardly an official-type site, as they have errors often. Most of the stuff that is put on any actor's page there is put there because someone who has absolutely nothing to do with the film industry has emailed them to 'update' it. Remember, they had Keira's b-day wrong for the longest time.

thats true... but there are times when they had actually someting right... But i would agree on the point of 'think nothing about it'.

keira loves lipgloss
21-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Will Tulip Fever ever be made? I remember Paul saying something about it but I have now forgotten. I read the book recently and I really enjoyed it. Any info please?
yep i no i want to see it it sounded good

Newell4keira
21-06-2004, 09:24 PM
I think we all do, we just want to know about its progress

Hazzle
22-06-2004, 01:17 AM
Seems a little stagnant at the mo, here's hoping it's rejuvinated soon, eh?

Vertical Vortex
22-06-2004, 10:37 AM
I think we all do, we just want to know about its progress

the only thing i want to know is when they are coming over to holland

Object Of Affection
22-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Yeah cool i read in empire (best mooovie mag in the world) that she was doing

Tulip Fever,
Jurassica Park 4, (rumor)
Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 3

Hopefully there all true :)

Hazzle
22-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Yeah cool i read in empire (best mooovie mag in the world) that she was doing

Tulip Fever,
Jurassica Park 4, (rumor)
Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 3

Hopefully there all true :)

Actually I hope the second is NOT true as we all know it'll be a terrible movie. It'll be, most likely, yet another chance for Keira to play the damsel in distress which would be poor in my view. If she got a gutsy role and the film had a hope in hell of being good, I'd change my mind, but I don't see either being the case.

As for the POTC sequels...I'm not entirely happy with the idea, but the second might well be good...the third...who knows?

Sarah
22-06-2004, 10:18 PM
If POTC 2 is happening, which it is, then I'm glad about the third. Trilogies are always good with me. If they are good, of course.

Hazzle
22-06-2004, 10:56 PM
If POTC 2 is happening, which it is, then I'm glad about the third. Trilogies are always good with me. If they are good, of course.

My thoughts exactly...especially the "IF they are good" bit.

KnightleyNews
22-06-2004, 11:28 PM
Am I going mad or have IMDb now removed ALL TRACES of Tulip Fever, not just Keira's name ? Try looking it up via the filmographies of Jude Law, Jim Broadbent, Deborah Moggach or John Madden. It's just not there any more. Weird.

Paul

Kelsey
22-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Tomorrow I will be making calls to find out 1) where Connelly stands on this whole project and possibly 2) if there is a future for Tulip Fever.
I would call now but it's after four and that's just...unprofessional.

EmotionSickness
22-06-2004, 11:38 PM
Do you have contacts in the Biz (like Paul and Frankie) or something, Kelsey? Maybe they can tell you what time Letterman is on. :p

Kelsey
22-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Good one. I can't do math, but I am freakishly good at finding phone numbers. Plus, I know a few people.

Vertical Vortex
24-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Good one. I can't do math, but I am freakishly good at finding phone numbers.

so, whats mine huh? :cool: :rolleyes:

Kelsey
24-06-2004, 10:44 PM
First, I have to *want* to find your phone number. Second, that "Plus, I know a few people" was there for a reason.

ice crystal
26-06-2004, 01:42 PM
Yeah... so is it like me knowing someone whos mum knows someone who knows Sean Penn.....?

Kelsey
26-06-2004, 06:51 PM
No, it's like you knowing the secretary, personal assistant, or agent at Sean Penn's agency or production company.

Hazzle
26-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Hehe...that put him in his place...now...back to the topic...any news on Tulip Fever Kels? You said you were looking into it...wondered if anything had surfaced...

Kelsey
27-06-2004, 05:58 AM
Things just kept coming up, and I haven't had a chance to call yet...I'll definitely get on that on Monday, Haz.

Kelsey
28-06-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm double posting since it has been a few days. I called, and the furthest I got was to a personal secretary who didn't know a thing about it. There's one more person I might try, but if the secretary didn't know much, I'm not expecting this person to either.

Hazzle
28-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the update...oh dear...things don't seem to be going well...hopefully Paul, Frankie (where is she btw?) or Kelsey will bring us good news soon... :(

KnightleyNews
01-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Bit of a catch-up from the BBC today. Nothing really new:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/3854497.stm

Paul

KnightleyNews
02-08-2004, 06:11 PM
I've been in contact with the author of Tulip Fever, Deborah Moggach, to see what's going on with the movie. She replied:

"I've no new news on Tulip Fever - in fact you seem to know more than I do!"

Bless! :)

"As far as Keira's involvement, I have no idea if she will be on board. Hope so."

I asked her if she ever writes her books with an eye for it becoming a screenplay (as did Close Relations and Tulip Fever) and if she ever thinks of her characters as particular actors:
"I didn't think of actors when I wrote it, though I did think of it as a film, that's why the book is so filmic - I thought if I wrote it as a novel, at least the book will exist, and films are so chancy (as I've discovered!)... Once actors are cast, however, they do become one's characters and it's now hard to imagine another cast...anyway, we shall see!"

On the subject of Keira as Lizzie Bennet in Pride and Prejudice (for which Deborah adapted the screenplay), she said:
"I was thrilled when Keira was cast as Lizzie Bennet, and it's filming now in various locations across England. Can't wait to see how it turns out. She'll bring a huge amount of natural charm and liveliness to the role."

So nothing really new, but it's great to hear that novelists have such faith and conviction in the actors chosen to bring their creations to life.

Paul

Sarah
02-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the news, Paul! You've no idea how much I (and probably everyone else here) appreciate all the effort you put into getting the news and keeping us all up-to-date with Keira's goings on.

Thats fantastic that you've been in touch with Deborah Moggach! I'd love to tell her how much I loved reading Tulip Fever. I really, really, really hope they do the film and keep Keira. She'd be great!

Thanks Paul!

Ipomoea
15-08-2004, 02:15 AM
The Guardian mentioned Tulip Fever today, in an article about an expected announcement to extend the tax loophole that was closed earlier this year.

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/economics/story/0,11268,1283543,00.html

If not a gold rush, the anticipated surge in production deals could be more akin to a disaster movie in which flood follows big freeze. For last February, the Inland Revenue effectively stalled the UK film industry for several weeks when it shut a tax loophole that was key to financing several big productions.

This hit at least 40 films with British funding, including Johnny Depp vehicle, The Libertine, and Tulip Fever, starring Keira Knightley and Jude Law. Although Ruby Films' version of Deborah Moggach's novel lost about £6 million, it was able to find new financing.

Days_of_Flesh
15-08-2004, 02:48 AM
How appropriate that Keira plays the woman of a man's dreams.

And the Oscar for best casting in a motion picture goes to...

Hazzle
15-08-2004, 12:11 PM
How appropriate that Keira plays the woman of a man's dreams.

And the Oscar for best casting in a motion picture goes to...

Methinks you might've mixed up The Jacket with Tulip Fever? As far as I'm aware the "dream" reference you're making relates to the time travel "visions" that Brody has...and Tulip Fever is a period piece...

But I could be wrong.

Sarah
15-08-2004, 12:30 PM
I think that sums up Tulip Fever, too. Sofia being the painter's dream woman...

Hazzle
15-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Ahhh...I see what was meant now...my bad...when I read a woman of a man's dreams I read that as a woman FROM a man's dreams, rather than dream woman...nevermind...it's too early for my brain to function properly :(

Days_of_Flesh
15-08-2004, 08:05 PM
Oops. You're right. Now where did that Jacket thread run off to?

Sarah
15-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Damn, I was wrong. I suppose it is all about how you understand what someone has said.

Ipomoea
17-09-2004, 11:29 PM
I've got another mention in the Guardian. It's about the passage of the new law offering up to a £4 million tax credit on all British-made films, but unlike the article I found last month, this one seems to suggest Tulip Fever is, for all intents and purposes, deader than a Norwegian Blue.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1307440,00.html

KnightleyNews
20-09-2004, 02:02 PM
I've been in contact with the production company behind Tulip Fever, and they gave me this info (their spelling mistakes, not mine!):

Tulip Fever is a project that is active, we do not have any dates at the
moment but hope to be next shooting next year and Kiera Knightly still is
attached to the project.

More details on my site.

Paul

Ipomoea
21-09-2004, 02:40 AM
Thank you so much, that's great news!

Margo Channing
26-09-2004, 11:36 AM
That's good news. Jude Law is still in it, right? I hope so. With a good director, script and Jude Law to play off of, this could be the movie that proves Keira can really act. It's such a plum role, too.