PDA

View Full Version : Dammit Flightfreak!

hasselbrad
19-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Quit dropping dead whales (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060119/sc_afp/germanyjapanenvironmentspecies_060119134759) in front of Japanese Embassies. It really ties up traffic.
:p

Flightfreak
19-01-2006, 02:30 PM
ah damn, i knew i lost something on the way. :D

Now thats why i donate money to greenpeace! No pissing around, straight to the point. :)

AureaMediocritas
19-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Yesterday I have formally subscribed to become a Greenpeace member.
Putting a whale in front of the Japs´embassy is a bit extreme though.
And very sarcastic :) .

Flightfreak
19-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Ah good good. They have to exaggerate, to get what they want, as they never get 100% of what they ask. And Media is their weapon, stunts like that don’t miss their point.

Scott
19-01-2006, 10:16 PM
What has the whale ever done for you?

Ranman
19-01-2006, 11:31 PM
They should have dropped off the whale at Duckula's house
Would have given him a reason to lite up the Bar-bie

Jacoby
20-01-2006, 04:38 AM
"Greenpeace dumps dead whale at Japanese embassy in Berlin, Hundreds killed by impact"

Flightfreak
20-01-2006, 07:32 AM
What has the whale ever done for you?
what have you ever done for me?

deviljet88
20-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Greenpeace has done a good job getting their plight onto Australian TVs of late... First there was all that commotion about a Greenpeace ship being rammed by a Japanese vessel, and then a whaling ship shoots out a harpoon and manages to knock a Greenpeace member into the water, and now this haha.

Foeni
20-01-2006, 08:01 PM
This is one of the reasons I don't support Greanpeace. Those guys are some crazy motherfuckers, no offence pete.

duckula
20-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Misguided also. Like Al Qaeda but with more chicks.

Jacoby
20-01-2006, 09:41 PM
what have you ever done for me?

Good point. KILL SCOTT!

Flightfreak
21-01-2006, 10:51 AM
This is one of the reasons I don't support Greanpeace. Those guys are some crazy motherfuckers, no offence pete.

They throw a whale in front of the japans embassy in Berlin, to get the global opinion point a finger at the Japanese government who keeps supporting the hunt for whales for “research purpose”, while that same Japanese government doesn’t deny its just for the food market. I don’t think there is an other way to get the global opinion point a finger. Or would you rather blow up a few Whale shops in Japan.

Its always funny, when it comes to supporting Greenpeace, people always find a few reasons to not too, but the 1000 times longer list why you should support them gets ignored. Is it because they question our society and way of living?

I’m sure you’re not against the fact that the French government let dismantle a 27000 ton aircraft carrier which still contains heaps of asbestos, PCBs (what causes cancer) and other toxic chemicals, let dismantle by women, children, man, on a beach of India.

I’m sure you supported the nuclear weapon testing in Muruoa, Children there still get born handicapped because of the nuclear radiation.Still Everyday, people die of cancer caused by those nuclear weapon testing. That’s the reason Greenpeace got founded btw.

I’m sure you didn’t care nuclear power plants dropped their nuclear trash in the sea, if it wasn’t because of Greenpeace they would probably still do it.

I’m sure you don’t care that the children who lived near the power plant COGEMA played and swum on a beach were the nuclear radiation was higher than the radiation was in Chernobyl. And that in 1998 in France.

I’m sure you don’t care about air pollution, did you have asthma?

I’m sure you didn’t care that if Greenpeace didn’t take action 30 years ago, that whaling would be impossible now, because they would be all gone.

I’m sure you don’t care Greenpeace took action when Shell wanted to sink their oil drill platform in the North sea.

I’m sure you don’t care Greenpeace protests against deforestation, Do you know why there are some many (mudder) floods in Indonesia? Because of the deforestation. Do you know why the dessert grows that fast in Africa? Because of the deforestation. Do you know what causes poverty? Deforestation,(illegal) by western countries.

Should I go on?
Full list of victories (http://www.greenpeace.org/international/about/victories)

When something like a tsunami happens, people donate billions of dollars, but when it comes to protecting their own environment by donating 20 dollars a year too Greenpeace you get things like “they exaggerate”, “it will go my time”, “its 1000km away why should I care.” Apparently people need a media hype, “forced emotions” before they care about something.

I challenge you, to make a just as long list “why not too support Greenpeace”.

Leonie
21-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Is this Thames whale thing another one of your friends' jokes, flightfreak? :icon_razz I bet you lot were on the way to the Houses of Parliament.

Flightfreak
21-01-2006, 04:19 PM
well yes, it's for ducky. As he didn’t find a whale shop yet. He'll have to catch it him self thought. :icon_bigg

Foeni
21-01-2006, 08:10 PM
“its 1000km away why should I care.”
Yeah, why should I?

Flightfreak
21-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Yeah, why should I?

Because you don't want to be a hypocrite.

Foeni
21-01-2006, 08:36 PM
No, to be just a little serious. Everything I've ever seen them do has seemed SO pathetic. Really, it has only made me lose all the respect I never had for them.

Leonie
21-01-2006, 08:53 PM
OK, I'm going to lock this because this perfectly funny thread is turning into yet another Greenpeace debate. Bit of a shame.

If you wish to see this re-opened or something just drop me a PM. I don't bite, really :)