PDA

View Full Version : Customers suck!

hasselbrad
18-01-2006, 02:41 PM
This woman calls and wants to know if we carry vaccines. She rattles off a short list and wants to know prices. I ask her to fax a list of the vaccines she needs and she gets all pissy.
First, she says she wants to speak to a "real person"...and wants to know if someone who "knows something" can help her.
Cunt.
I politely :rolleyes: explain that even the "real people" would need to know exactly what vaccines...dosages, units per vial, etc....they were interested in before quoting prices.
Apparently, jotting down some information on a sheet of paper and faxing it is just too taxing.

Jacoby
18-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Every customer at Blockbuster has a problem. They also think you're accusing them of doing something illegal as soon as you open your mouth. They want you to cut them "homie deals" (some guy asked me for that) and when you tell them it's all done in the computer and you don't have control, they don't listen, they ask for a manager. Then the manager says the same thing you've just said.

One lady flipped out at me because she brought back a movie that wasn't Blockbuster's. I told her we'd take care of it, but she had to bring it back to the other movie store, which is right across the street. She said I wasted her time, and that she has to make an extra trip because of me. I wanted to say: "Fuck you." And: "It's right across the street you lazy piece of shit, and it's not my fault you can't fucking read. We're not Wegmans. Go to hell." But I didn't say those things. I said, "Sorry..."

I've never in my life flipped out at someone doing their job. There's no reason to, unless you're losing a great deal of money or are in physical pain because of them. I've been bothersome to get the most out of the company, but I've never been an asshole. I hate people.

Mandy
18-01-2006, 07:07 PM
That reminds me of when I first started working retail. I worked in fragrances, but I wasn't one of those women that tried to get you to try a fragrance, I just rang people up.

I remember we were really busy that day, and we only had 4 registers, so people had to wait to be helped. One of the reps for Calvin Klein made a sale and I was going to ring it up for the two women she was helping once I was done with the customer I was with. So first, they were bitching about having to wait. I calmly apologized and told them we were busy and I was almost finished. When I finally got to them, there were two items that the Calvin Klein rep just handed to me without saying anything, so I rang both of them up and gave them the total.

They started going off "No, no, that's not right. She's paying for that, and I'm paying for this." I was like, "Oh, alright. Let me re-ring this up, I didn't know they were seperate." And one of the women goes "Well, you didn't ask." I apologized to her and re-rang it up, but she wouldn't LET IT GO. I admit I kind of lost it when she finally said "Forget it, we'll take our business somwhere else," when one of them was going to pay and I just kind of laughed in their face and said, "Do what you need to do."

Then they asked for my name because I never wore my name tag. I cant remember the name I gave them, I think it was like "Angela" or something.

Mags
18-01-2006, 07:44 PM
I mostly get people on the phone who can't afford their prescriptions, which generally makes me want to rip out my soul. I don't particularly like where I work - at all and that just adds to it.

Since new Medicare benefits went into effect for prescriptions on January 1, we had to change our benefits too, and nothing worked. So I was talking to pharmacies nearly non-stop for an entire week. And I have no idea how to run through prescriptions. I could give them the information they needed to fill them, but if that didn't work I'd have no idea what to do and I'd have to admit it. Which makes callers FURIOUS. It's not our job to know - we're not pharmacists. So then you'd have members whose drugs ran out on December 31st who now can't get their new ones filled and it's awful.

I'll tell you something though, old people can curse. I've gotten called some great names, though the best by far was "crooked motherfucker" which was my first day alone on the phones. And I wanted to applaud.

Foeni
18-01-2006, 08:34 PM
I work in a super market? Do you think I get a lot of complaints? For example, milk. We get fresh milk every day. Costumers want all of the milk to be from today, meaning they don't think we should have any left-overs from yesterday. At the same time, we can't have too little. So, to sum things up, we have to always have enough, and have to throw out the left-overs. As if that ain't expensive :icon_err:
Another example that can piss you off, is when people bring back a wine saying that something's wrong with it, it has tasted weird or something. And that would be allright, if it wasn't for the fact that they bring back about 4-5 % of the wine. So they could drink it, but they still want their money back.

hasselbrad
18-01-2006, 09:37 PM
I work in a super market? Do you think I get a lot of complaints? For example, milk. We get fresh milk every day. Costumers want all of the milk to be from today, meaning they don't think we should have any left-overs from yesterday. At the same time, we can't have too little. So, to sum things up, we have to always have enough, and have to throw out the left-overs. As if that ain't expensive :icon_err:
Another example that can piss you off, is when people bring back a wine saying that something's wrong with it, it has tasted weird or something. And that would be allright, if it wasn't for the fact that they bring back about 4-5 % of the wine. So they could drink it, but they still want their money back.
We have doctors that have the same attitude about pharmaceuticals. They'll buy a vial of something, and then a year and a half later, when it's gone out of date, they want us to swap it out for them.
At our expense.
Or, they write "Return to Suncoast" on a box and insist we take it back. How the fuck are we supposed to sell something to another customer with that written on it? I could open another fucking store with the expired merchandise and other shit we've eaten over the past few years.

Jacoby
19-01-2006, 12:23 AM
I could open another fucking store with the expired merchandise and other shit we've eaten over the past few years.

You guys eat all that shit?

Rob The BLack Douglas
19-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Customers truly do suck and it's the bad ones that get remembered far longer than the good ones.

I manage a cafe and the way many customers behave is absolutely disgusting.

Working in food service really makes one loath humanity.

hasselbrad
19-01-2006, 12:38 PM
You guys eat all that shit?
Welcome to the real world. Shit on toast for breakfast...shit sandwich for lunch.

DefyingGravity
29-01-2006, 02:00 PM
http://www.livejournal.com/community/customers_suck

That site is a total trip. Join.