PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear God no!

hasselbrad
17-01-2006, 08:50 PM
My daughter has developed her first, pre-pubescent crush on none other than Jesse McCartney. This is disturbing. All the Beatles and Cream I've managed to get her to like, and now this? :icon_err:

Are there any young, pretty-boys who are actually talented? I've heard one of his songs, and I'd just as soon pack shards of glass into my ears and smash them to powder with a ball peen hammer.

Ranman
17-01-2006, 09:18 PM
My daughter has developed her first, pre-pubescent crush on none other than Jesse McCartney. This is disturbing. All the Beatles and Cream I've managed to get her to like, and now this? :icon_err:

Are there any young, pretty-boys who are actually talented? I've heard one of his songs, and I'd just as soon pack shards of glass into my ears and smash them to powder with a ball peen hammer.

If you need a volunteer for that ear thing, I'm available :rolleyes:

Mandy
17-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Make her watch the episode of Punk'd where he was set up to hit this big black guy's car. He becomes a major pussy.

Digital_Ice
17-01-2006, 09:40 PM
jesse who?

Jacoby
18-01-2006, 02:37 AM
Get her listening to Wilco and make her crush on Tweedy.

Kelsey
18-01-2006, 02:54 AM
My first crush was on Bill Paxton.

Jesse McCartney isn't as bad as others out there. At least he can add /actor to his resume which is one more dimension than most male stars his age.

Mags
18-01-2006, 03:03 AM
Get her listening to Wilco and make her crush on Tweedy.

Only if you want your daughter to have a crush on someone who coins lines like "I am an American aquarium drinker" and "handshake drugs I got downtown."

Don't get me wrong, I love Tweedy. But he might not be the best role model, though I hear he's been clean for a while.

Get her a crush on David Gray. I'd marry David Gray in less than 2 seconds.

hasselbrad
18-01-2006, 12:56 PM
My first crush was on Bill Paxton.

Jesse McCartney isn't as bad as others out there. At least he can add /actor to his resume which is one more dimension than most male stars his age.

Heh...mine was Linda Carter. :icon_err:

I think his acting is where she picked this up. He was on her new favorite show, "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody", and since the cool girls "wuv" him...she does too.
Oh, and Jake, I let her listen to Wilco and she wasn't too thrilled. She likes the uptempo stuff.

michael22
21-01-2006, 07:36 PM
get her to listen to tenacious D so that she could have a crush on Jack Black at least he is funny

or better yet get her like "The Hip"

Kirby
22-01-2006, 06:54 AM
Hmmm, I don;t know how to help you. My first crush was on heath ledger, so umm, just show her some teeny movies, and she's almost garunteed to get a crush on the male lead :)

PS I'm so sry, I hope she doesn;t make you listen to his CD over and over, thats never fun:err:

Rob The BLack Douglas
23-01-2006, 12:55 AM
This will pass, hopefully your influnce will help her develop more "sophistacated" tastes later on.

hasselbrad
24-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Her: "I'm not sure which I like better...Paul or Jesse McCartney."
Me: "Paul, honey...you like Paul better."
Her: "I don't know."
Me: "Trust me. When you are eighteen, you probably won't even remember who Jesse McCartney is.

And, for the record...that shit is awful. Sampled acoustic guitars and every track sounds basically the same. Nelly needs to go after him for infringement. He rips off the "I like it when you uh-uh" line from Hot In Here.
Fucking horrible.

Kirby
26-01-2006, 04:50 AM
OMGosh hahahaha thats great, and ya i know he sucks terribly just awful I heard some of his songs the other day and I pretty much wanted to puke http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/images/smilies/icon_surprised.gif

DragonRat
26-01-2006, 06:02 AM
There's a reason why Paul and the Beatles will remain legendary in the musical world, and a reason why Jesse McCartney will remain a dime a dozen like every other teenage blonde Caucasian kid who passes himself off as the next boy idol. Unless they can actually play their own music and write their own lyrics, they will not have the same lasting fame.