PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Bloom

Pages : [1] 2

gracie
13-07-2004, 01:38 AM
I believe that other thread was closed unfairly. Im starting another one to promote discussion of him as a person actor whatever. Just dont spam, and dont act like idiot fanatics. Go to an orlando board if you want to be a twit. Discuss maturely here.

DefyingGravity
13-07-2004, 03:24 AM
I disagree, I think that Jules was justified in closing that particular thread, as nobody said a WORD about him as an actor, just "omg lol he's soooo hawt". But this thread may be different(if it doesn't get locked), so yeah. :D

Personally, I think he's semi-talented... but I've only seen him in Lord of the Rings and POTC, so that really isn't enough to judge his capability as an actor, now is it?

Ardnax
13-07-2004, 02:25 PM
I don't think his a very good actor but he's young and can get better.

apoggy
13-07-2004, 02:30 PM
I saw him fall out of a helicopter in Black Hawk Down, hilarious

Ardnax
13-07-2004, 02:42 PM
I saw him fall out of a helicopter in Black Hawk Down, hilarious
Yeah, that was kind of fun actually. :D

keira loves lipgloss
13-07-2004, 03:23 PM
oh yeah i read something about him in black dawn

Ardnax
13-07-2004, 03:27 PM
I have black hawk down, but I don't know if you can say anything about his acting there. He isn't in it for a long time.

keira loves lipgloss
13-07-2004, 03:37 PM
yeah i think he plays a small part

apoggy
13-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Lipgloss stop reiterating what other people say, if you have nothing constructive to add don't post, simple

Ardnax
13-07-2004, 03:39 PM
It's a very small part. I didn't even know that he was in it when I bought it

keira loves lipgloss
13-07-2004, 03:42 PM
no on sky didgital i looked at this movie called black hawk down and it said orlando was in it but ive never actually seen it

Glow
13-07-2004, 03:47 PM
"I don't think his a very good actor but he's young and can get better."
I think it's true...definitly is true :) I like Orlando but he can get better or maybe best :D

Elijahfan
13-07-2004, 03:53 PM
"I don't think his a very good actor but he's young and can get better."
I think it's true...definitly is true :) I like Orlando but he can get better or maybe best :D

i third that remark. he's still very young and since he's getting good parts hopefully he can work with better people to improve his skills. in LOTR,POTC, and Troy, and i think it's kingdom of heaven, he seems to be getting type cast, as the hero character. i think it'd really help if he took a really dramatic role, which means no swords or bows and arrows.

Ardnax
13-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I think that to. I mean, it's hard to be a good actor if all you do is waving around swords.

keira loves lipgloss
13-07-2004, 04:14 PM
hes great at attrackting all the ladies he is ok actor hes not that bad

Glow
13-07-2004, 05:28 PM
For me Orlando with blach , long hair look likes a Spanish man :DYes he is not bad actor but he can be better...he play in Troy very well but he had short role :(

apoggy
13-07-2004, 05:39 PM
why have you just quoted yourself and double posted? don't EVER do it again, be warned

Glow
13-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Ok i delete my first massage :)

keira loves lipgloss
13-07-2004, 05:53 PM
he probably did it to look kool :))))))))))

apoggy
13-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Lipgloss, quit the spam, or I WILL ban you for a 24 hour period minimum

Kyle_West
13-07-2004, 07:17 PM
I know Im not one of "Keira's Girls" but I am taking the liberty of posting here what I think of Orlando Bloom. I think he is a shitty actor. Every role he has been in he has over acted. In the lord of the rings trilogy his Legolas wasn't noticable bad in the first movie because he wasn't even close to the main focus. But in the other two movies I wanted to slap him. He always puts that serious face on and embarasses himself. Which you'll see what I am talking about in Pirates of the Caribbean. Only scene I believed he was Will Turner was when they were on the boat looking at their new crew. Other than that a wooden board with a face painted on it would be better at the part. Troy......Troy blew so excluding Eric Bana everyone in that movie sucked ass.

DefyingGravity
13-07-2004, 11:13 PM
He does tend to be overly dramatic. "THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD!!!!" But, as it's been said before, he IS still young, so he can learn. :)

Julespaxton
14-07-2004, 08:58 PM
He is a horrid little girl. He shouuld be beaten into submission and never allowed to appear on the silver screen again. if you disagree, i dont give a flying fuck. have a happy day! Oh, and orlando bloom looks like a wet linsay.

gracie
14-07-2004, 09:28 PM
Oh, and orlando bloom looks like a wet linsay.
what pray tell is that? :)

Kelsey
14-07-2004, 09:59 PM
I think he looks like a rabbit, and although I don't mind him, I'm not totally impressed with his acting.

I don't really care about him actually. I only like him and Kate Bosworth together.

Julespaxton
15-07-2004, 01:07 AM
basically a total twat.

gracie
15-07-2004, 02:27 AM
is that from a book? with a green cover shit. its got this girl in a plaid skirt on the cover. like a journal type book? sex god? something?

ChocolateMoose
15-07-2004, 04:10 PM
I don't think Orlando can act that well, poor bloke. In LOTR his only facial expression was a look of concern, and (did anyone else notice) every line he said was stating the obvious...for example...

"They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard" - where else would they go?
"You look terrible" (to Aragorn) - we can see that, he's just been down a cliff
"A diversion" - when Aragorn had basically fully discribed what a 'diversion' is
"This forest is old" - big trees = old wood, weeny tress = young wood, therefore, we know!
"The Ring must be destroyed" - um...duh!
"We must go. We cannot linger" - When in potential mortal danger....yes, that would be a good idea...
"The horses are restless...and the men are quiet." - I'm sure Eomer has eyes and ears and can see/hear for himself, lol.

Has anyone seen Ned Kelly?! Its not all that good, though I think it might be if you know the story to start with. Orlando's accent is bad (he has an Irish accent) and he moves after he dies, haha! And in Troy he was totally eclipsed by Eric and Sean who were brilliant! :D

gracie
15-07-2004, 04:20 PM
well blame pj fran walsh and phillipa boyd for the lines. the delivery is all orlandos though

alby
17-07-2004, 02:44 AM
I don't think Orlando can act that well, poor bloke. In LOTR his only facial expression was a look of concern, and (did anyone else notice) every line he said was stating the obvious...for example...

"A diversion" - when Aragorn had basically fully discribed what a 'diversion' is
"This forest is old" - big trees = old wood, weeny tress = young wood, therefore, we know!
"We must go. We cannot linger" - When in potential mortal danger....yes, that would be a good idea...
"The horses are restless...and the men are quiet." - I'm sure Eomer has eyes and ears and can see/hear for himself, lol.

Has anyone seen Ned Kelly?! Its not all that good, though I think it might be if you know the story to start with. Orlando's accent is bad (he has an Irish accent) and he moves after he dies, haha! And in Troy he was totally eclipsed by Eric and Sean who were brilliant! :D

You can't blame Bloom for those stating-the-obvious-remarks because he doesn't have control of what to say. The screenwriters, director, producers, etc. have that power. Famous actors could possibly have some influence, but Bloom was relatively unknown at the time so it would have been difficult for him.

I don't see how Bloom could have said those bad lines any better. As for his acting, it's not great or bad either. Perhaps, he'll improve. Who knows.

Sorry, I'll try not to intrude.

Julespaxton
17-07-2004, 04:00 AM
is that from a book? with a green cover shit. its got this girl in a plaid skirt on the cover. like a journal type book? sex god? something?

haha yes, georgia nicholson. dancing in my nundie pants, so im now the girlfirnd of a sex god, angus thongs and full frontal snogging etc. :D

keira loves lipgloss
17-07-2004, 07:24 AM
ah yes ive got that book

ChocolateMoose
17-07-2004, 09:22 AM
I don't see how Bloom could have said those bad lines any better. As for his acting, it's not great or bad either. Perhaps, he'll improve. Who knows.

Yeah, I know. Blame the script writers! I don't think his acting is bad, just that next to some of the other actors I didn't think it was all that good. But it was his first role, so you know...have to forgive him and look out for his next film.

gracie
01-08-2004, 02:37 PM
haha yes, georgia nicholson. dancing in my nundie pants, so im now the girlfirnd of a sex god, angus thongs and full frontal snogging etc. :D
yeah i found it on the floor of the girls locker room during my calc final, highly amused by what i read.

*Surfer_Dudes_Rok*
04-09-2004, 09:08 PM
I think he's ace :D i don't know why people give him so much stick....he has probably worked real hard to get where he is and to be in good film like LOTR which was fab! Sure he might not be upto Jonny Depps standard but give the poor guy a chance and anyway he will be richer than any of us so who are we to judge him when soon he will probably be a millionaire....and look how many fans he does have (mainly girl's i know but hey....i'm one of them) he's hott but yeh he can improve and i wish him all the luck in the world....go get 'em tiger! Raaaa!!!!

Julespaxton
05-09-2004, 02:11 PM
i think that people only find them attractive beacuse the'yre secretly lesbians. and the gay men that love him are secretly straight.

Mandy
05-09-2004, 05:46 PM
I guess I can add a few lines here since I used to be obsessed for a short period of time. It might also add to my obsession with Cliff.

The only thing really great about him for ME, was that he's just a ball of charm. It's that British thing, that if your already British, then he's nothing special.

He's handsome, has got a hot accent, and the *potential* to be an ok actor. It's almost a shame that he's actually been through acting school and isn't good already. But hopefully within a few years, it'll improve.

ChocolateMoose
06-09-2004, 03:30 PM
The only thing really great about him for ME, was that he's just a ball of charm. It's that British thing, that if your already British, then he's nothing special.

Whats this "British thing" that people always go on about? Is it the accent, the attitude, the look...???? Or am I the only one who dosn't know?

Leonie
06-09-2004, 03:37 PM
It's the fact that he's nicked Cliffy's middle class accent :D

ChocolateMoose
06-09-2004, 03:49 PM
It's the fact that he's nicked Cliffy's middle class accent :D

Its an accent from North London. Its taught in acting schools as recieved pronounciation (RP). Like Patrick Stewart who is from Sheffield but lost his accent at drama school. Same with Peter O'Toole (who is from Ireland). Its the 'posh' accent that all British baddies have in films, lol. Its probably his normal accent anyway, he hasn't nicked it. Lots of people have that accent naturally.

Julespaxton
08-09-2004, 12:58 AM
ehem, i believe that was a hint of sarcasm there moosie my friend...

ChocolateMoose
08-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Well, yes, sort of. Lol :)

Valerie
14-09-2004, 04:31 PM

Haha, I just had to laugh at your explainations on the side there chocolatemoose.

But am going to disagree on the Ned Kelly thing, I think Orlando was really good in that. And his accent was not bad to say the least. He perfected it well. To me Ned Kelly was the best role he has ever performed in.

Other then that, I do believe he needs more experience. I cringed at times at his acting in POTC. And yes he does seem to only have one facial expression....but in time as he is only has a few movies under his belt so far he will get there....eventually.

peach
22-09-2004, 05:47 PM
I like his acting he's very talented, he has got a cute accent, sweet look.

Love him

hangwithsorrow
06-10-2004, 06:12 PM
i think his looks do help him get his roles maybe alot more than his acting, but i think he will become very very good. he was great in Ned Kelly.

bob
15-10-2004, 02:31 PM
yes, orlando bloom. i'd say he should get an 'A' for effort, but the guy just isn't very convincing. at all. although i actually think he does rather well with his reactions, it's his line delivery that really gets him. he would have been good in the good old days of silent films. i think that if he's to learn from his experiences then people should really stop offering him physical roles. put him on stage or something.

still, he beats hayden christensen.

Jules
27-12-2004, 12:05 PM
yeah, orlando is cute. one thing. it's FUN watching his movies. but I don't think he is a really good actor. and as somebody said before, he is always acting similar characters. perhaps he'll get better.

what I have to say to troy - don't kill me if it's a bit off topic - it was a lousy movie, Eric Bana was great, BUT THIS IS NOT THE REAL TROY-STORY! read Homer and you'll see what really happend. the people who wrote the script are stupid as hell. they turned one of the best stories ever written into a really bad movie. :icon_evil

Jacoby
27-12-2004, 03:45 PM
read Homer and you'll see what really happend. the people who wrote the script are stupid as hell. they turned one of the best stories ever written into a really bad movie. :icon_evil

Welcome to Hollywood.

Ashley
27-12-2004, 06:38 PM
yes, orlando bloom. i'd say he should get an 'A' for effort, but the guy just isn't very convincing. at all. although i actually think he does rather well with his reactions, it's his line delivery that really gets him. he would have been good in the good old days of silent films. i think that if he's to learn from his experiences then people should really stop offering him physical roles. put him on stage or something.

still, he beats hayden christensen.

Stage is harder because you only get one take, and it's just as physical as film in that you have to do your own physical stuff.

And the day that Orlando gives as good of a performance as Hayden did in Shattered Glass and in Life as a House is the day that hell freezes and Dubya says something intelligent.

Mandy
28-12-2004, 06:18 AM
I saw the trailer for Kingdon of Heaven and it looked quite decent. He's still riding around on horses in it though.

mike_1748
19-11-2005, 05:50 AM
hello !i am a china student ,english is not very well ,my qq115195520,

CaptainStigmata
19-12-2005, 09:21 PM
I can't stand Orlando. He is so...bland. He is the same in every movie. Really. Compare his "performances" from Pirates of the Caribbean and Troy. They are exactly the same. He never changes. The biggest change he has ever done is fake an American accent in Elizabethtown. Big deal. He is a bad actor, but he is more tolerable in supporting roles. OPlease directors, never stick him in a leading role again! I beg of you!

lumosia
28-12-2005, 08:58 PM
I think he actually acted really well in Lord of the Rings. He was supposed to be portaying an elf, guys! If he hadn't been acting seriously, it would really have detracted from the image of elves as wise, solemn beings. As for PotC, anybody would have been overshadowed by Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow. You could've put the greatest actor ever born in that role and they still could not have made Will Turner a more exciting character that Jack. I am a bit of a fangirl, yes, but I think I'm being objective here. My hope is that he will do really well in PotC II and III so that he will be taken more seriously and given more roles. He really isn't a bad actor, as its been said, and with more experience, I think he could become a great actor.

Lizzie Bennet
29-12-2005, 03:09 AM
I think he is cute, but that is the extent of it. I think he is an okay actor, though I will not see a movie just becase he is in it.

angie
04-01-2006, 01:41 AM
I love Orlando. I think he's a very good actor. Elizabethtown may not be a hit in the box office, but at least he tried and did the best he could the american accent. Kingdom of Heaven is my favorite movie I love to watch and Pirates of the Carribean as well. Yes, I support his work and I'm a fan.

lumosia
08-01-2006, 07:06 AM
I think he was pretty good in Elizabethtown. I honestly think the major thing afflicting that film was a poor director--he just let things go on...and on...I didn't notice any problems with the American accent. He proved he can really act act and not just dance around waving a sword. His comedic timing has also improved a lot since his debut.

Rob The BLack Douglas
09-01-2006, 04:47 AM
Orlando is not leading man material. He can't carry a movie, unlike Keira. He does well in large cast movies or in supporting roles where he can work with actors.

EmotionSickness
10-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Orlando is sickeningly gorgeous, but that's where his appeal ends for me. He tends to play the same character in every movie he's in; every movie I've ever seen him in, anyway.

Liz
10-01-2006, 02:38 PM
ok, I really don't LOVE his films, but I couldn't say if he's a great actor or not!!! O. is in the beginning of his career, so maybe he will become a absolutely different actor(different playing, different film roles ...)! maybe better than now.

but I must agreed, he looks so amazing! :icon_bigg

anakin250
03-02-2006, 06:47 AM
I don't like him at all,as he is famous just for his beatiful face and his films looks like rubbish just for his poor acting skills.

SeattleGirl
17-04-2006, 07:00 AM
he makes no sense to me
actually i think he is not handsome at all,though many girls are crazy about him
i just cant find out why ~
thats really wierd ~

once_dreaded
20-04-2006, 03:38 AM
He's a pretty boy and type-casted as such. In LOTR he acted constipated throughout the movie (ooo wise elf that CAN'T POOP), POTC he acted constipated but "in love" (I'd rescue you if I could take a poop), KOH constipated on a mission (I will save Jerusalem...as soon as I take a poop), Ned Kelly??? Ummm I only remember Heath from that movie...and HE acted constipated with a limp...maybe we should just send out some exlax or something.

Mandy
20-04-2006, 03:43 AM
OMFG I just laughed my ass off. haha.

once_dreaded
21-04-2006, 03:57 AM
*shocked* I made Mandy laugh, after all the laughs that she has given me I was finally able to return the favor. *wiping away dramatic tear under right eye* This means so much to me...all because Orlando was constipated.

Pearl
27-04-2006, 09:19 PM
This man is extremly hot but a horrible actor. He was ok in LotR and Pirates, but after the bomb which was named Elizabethtown, his career is going no where. Even on IMDB.com it shows he doesn't have anything lined up after Potc 2 & 3 while Johnny and Keira have their plates full.

I kinda feel sorry for the guy though.

OBpirate89
16-06-2006, 06:36 PM
orlando bloom is like the sexiest man on earth:icon_icon

Juliamariskamadadh
16-06-2006, 07:11 PM
no he isnt he's a girl

runangl
22-06-2006, 08:27 PM
no he isnt he's a girl

that's giving him a bit too much credit. girl's can be absofuckinlutely gorgeous. I think the best description I've heard of him was: "a rather effeminate mouse... or rat. whichever"

Caramel
19-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Anyone know the address of the official site Orlando Bloom?

kasi
29-12-2006, 09:37 PM

well you can't bash him for the lines
he has to say,it's not like he wrote them.

and i agree though he has the same facial expression alot,he's not a great actor in my opinion...
people i think make a fuss over him because he happens to be good looking

but he sorta made pirates a little better, i cant really imagine another will turner.

KiyToMyHeart
07-01-2007, 05:12 AM

Honestly, it's not his fault they wrote the script that way it's very elfish in the way they do that even in the actual book Legolas is there to be a voice of reason and Captain Obvious!
My god and in Troy hello he's Paris Paris is supposed to be eclipsed...honestly....>< it's not because of Paris they went to fight...it's because they wanted Troy and Eric just happened to be the one who ran Troy's army....

legolas97
21-03-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't know about him, but I like Him.:icon_smil I like Legolas in The Lord of The Rings and Will Turner in Pirate 1,2,3

Vesperx
07-05-2007, 06:43 PM
I love Orlando. He's handsome :)

Leonie
07-05-2007, 06:52 PM
...for a girl :icon_razz

DefyingGravity
07-05-2007, 07:27 PM
I can't dislike the man solely because of the fact that this video makes me laugh hardcore everytime I see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyLw5vWNHkE

Eat shit Jessica, it's carrot.

Liam
07-05-2007, 07:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tin6NJqQQsM

Mandy
07-05-2007, 08:04 PM
*is dead*

Hazzle
08-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Eat shit Jessica, it's carrot.

It is funny, but I'm not quite sure what the only man alive to make Graham Norton seem butch actually has to do with that. The site's funny because it's clearly populated by idiots, and Norton deserves credit for finding it and highlighting on his show. Bloom deserves to be shot in the face repeatedly, which Norton no doubt helped out with after the show...

Heh Liam...that's fucking hilarious. Although where are they taking the Hobbits?

Mandy
08-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Totally off-topic, but I spent the evening on youtube watching all the Graham Norton clips they had. There was a period of time where his show was on Comedy Central but I suppose America's lack of a sense of humor got the best of him. He's definitely my favorite talk-show host. Mainly because his show isn't all about interviewing guests, he basically just does whatever he wants.

Hazzle
08-05-2007, 09:28 AM
He's comedy gold. Not as good as he used to be, seems to be mellowing, but still good.

Leonie
08-05-2007, 01:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tin6NJqQQsM

Why are all the replies to that video really unfunny? If you are over the age of 8 then filming yourself jumping around in front of a car in the middle of nowhere like a dickhead really isn't cool...

Pygmalion
09-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Or alternatively they should be encouraged to jump around in front of cars more often. Save the world.

hayley
02-06-2007, 07:16 PM
my friend will hung out with orlando all night at a new years eve party. (will is an mtv presenter for a new show that will be aired, uk, soon.-cant wait woohoo!) anyhu, orlando might be in a west end production in london soon. i'm sure as hell going 2 get front row tickets.

x.keirafan.x
02-06-2007, 07:46 PM
he is 29 years old. He is also:
Fit
Bum
Pritty
Good looking
Good Personality
When he talks he is not scared to show what he really feals
Sexy
Handsome nomatter his hair style
Gorgeous in all his films
Lovely eyes
Fit in w.e cloths he wears.

Leonie
02-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Hee. I knew it.

Orlando Bloom is (...) Bum.

Foeni
02-06-2007, 08:40 PM
he is 29 years old. He is also:
Fit
Bum
Pritty
Good looking
Good Personality
When he talks he is not scared to show what he really feals
Sexy
Handsome nomatter his hair style
Gorgeous in all his films
Lovely eyes
Fit in w.e cloths he wears.
Do you have an altar for him? Hehee :p

Keira's offical fa
03-06-2007, 12:00 PM
I know you,you wont be able to love
Orlando Blom.
But Keira is more pupular.

Vienna_Watson
03-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Well,I think Orlando is quite handsome !
I also like him too~
Good acting~He is a good actor ~ :icon_smil

SAYA
21-06-2007, 10:35 AM
he's not the best but I like him
________
Marijuana Bubbler (http://bubblers.net/)

guitaristt
21-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Hmm he is not bad actress(POTC):) But i think he can do this better.:)

Calipso
21-06-2007, 09:45 PM
And you continue spamming.. !

You don't put new interesting information in your post, but moderator isn't my job..

Need talk to Fo.

x.keirafan.x
22-06-2007, 07:08 AM
love his life. Apart from he has fell from 3 floors at his friends house and broke his back. Oh and that he has broken both legs, left arm, both wrists, ankle and he has fractured his skull. Thats 10 times worse than cuts and bruses. Oh and plus how his dad died when h e was 6 and then he found out couple of days later that he wasn't his real dad. That his moms new boyfriend was. But he was cute and chubby in his childhood.

I love him so much.

FoeniEDIT: Stop double posting, please. Use the Edit Button instead.

Vienna_Watson
04-07-2007, 10:39 AM
I really like him so much now~He is so Handsome~I think~ >3<

x.keirafan.x
04-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Iv joined his forum man hes bum
www.theorlandobloomfiles.com/board (http://www.theorlandobloomfiles.com/board)

Elisabeth Turner
10-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Iv joined his forum man hes bum
www.theorlandobloomfiles.com/board (http://www.theorlandobloomfiles.com/board)
Yeah I am on there too! I think Orlando is a terrific actor and he seems to be a very sweet person.

FlowerEye
11-07-2007, 02:07 PM
He is a really good actor, I really think that. I love to see him on screen:)

nellie
13-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Haha... okay.. I love Orlando. He is great.. I went to see him in London in that play of his. Really good! And yeah he is hot... but also totally talented!

keira9876
14-08-2007, 05:54 PM
orlando is so cute i send him fan mail every week:wave:

peach
21-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Really?! And does he send you a reply every week?

KorrKeira
29-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Wouldnt turn him down!

Im awaiting the day he wanders past me in Town where i live! (His mother lives here and is seen every few months and was last seen in my fav local restaurant! I Must be in the wrong job!):|