PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mags!

hasselbrad
05-01-2006, 12:24 PM
\m/

Hook 'em Horns!
Vince Young is the fucking man and Matt Leinart is a whiney punk-bitch. I hope he gets drafted by a team with an abysmal offensive line, anemic ground game and an immediate need for a quarterback.
Congrats!

Renegade
05-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Even though I don't very much like USC, I still have to root for my state. Unbelievable. I can't believe Texas won. They got lucky though. You have to admit Brad, Vince was down before the lateral. And that one Texas WR fumbled the ball, EVEN AFTER THE INSTANT REPLAY REVIEW! Texas got breaks. USC did too, but the calls went more to Texas' favor.

Oh well, it was good game and it surpassed a lot of people's expectations to be an SC blowout. Congrats Texas. I actually passed by the Rose Bowl on the way home yesterday. Texas fans were honking their freaking car horns. It startled my dad and so he swerved, and somehow we got an effing flat tire. Haha.

hasselbrad
05-01-2006, 05:41 PM
Even though I don't very much like USC, I still have to root for my state. Unbelievable. I can't believe Texas won. They got lucky though. You have to admit Brad, Vince was down before the lateral. And that one Texas WR fumbled the ball, EVEN AFTER THE INSTANT REPLAY REVIEW! Texas got breaks. USC did too, but the calls went more to Texas' favor.

Oh well, it was good game and it surpassed a lot of people's expectations to be an SC blowout. Congrats Texas. I actually passed by the Rose Bowl on the way home yesterday. Texas fans were honking their freaking car horns. It startled my dad and so he swerved, and somehow we got an effing flat tire. Haha.

Vince was down, but you must be on crack if you think that was a fumble. Despite what Dan Fouts thought, he never had possession of the ball. He has to make a move with the ball, and he didn't. The ball hit him in the hands and the defender hit him in the mouth. Bang-bang...but no possession. The exact same call was made in another game, and the officials got it right there, too. As far as calls go, USC got away with egregious holds all night and not one, but TWO facemask penalties. And, USC was damn near handed that 4th and 1 by the linesman who had no business spotting the ball. The linesman on Texas' side of the field had a much better view of the play, but the linesman from the USC sideline made the spot...and it was about a foot in front of LenDale White's forward progress. But, overall, the officiating has been piss-poor in every game I watched. They either get the call wrong or they take ten minutes deciding what the right call is.
Bottom line, USC's defense is soft and Pete Carroll is retarded. Blitzing Vince Young is the last thing on Earth a fast defense should do. Drop five or six in coverage and contain him in the pocket. He wants a strong upfield rush. That gives him openings. Blitzing only assures that he has lots of open field and/or receivers. That was the worst defensive gameplan I've ever seen.
Going for it on 4th and 1 on the 50? That's utterly retarded.

Renegade
05-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Vince was down, but you must be on crack if you think that was a fumble. Despite what Dan Fouts thought, he never had possession of the ball. He has to make a move with the ball, and he didn't. The ball hit him in the hands and the defender hit him in the mouth. Bang-bang...but no possession. The exact same call was made in another game, and the officials got it right there, too. As far as calls go, USC got away with egregious holds all night and not one, but TWO facemask penalties. And, USC was damn near handed that 4th and 1 by the linesman who had no business spotting the ball. The linesman on Texas' side of the field had a much better view of the play, but the linesman from the USC sideline made the spot...and it was about a foot in front of LenDale White's forward progress. But, overall, the officiating has been piss-poor in every game I watched. They either get the call wrong or they take ten minutes deciding what the right call is.
Bottom line, USC's defense is soft and Pete Carroll is retarded. Blitzing Vince Young is the last thing on Earth a fast defense should do. Drop five or six in coverage and contain him in the pocket. He wants a strong upfield rush. That gives him openings. Blitzing only assures that he has lots of open field and/or receivers. That was the worst defensive gameplan I've ever seen.
Going for it on 4th and 1 on the 50? That's utterly retarded.

It wasn't the 50. Maybe the 40. It was a do or die call. Get it and the game's over. Lose it and rely on the defense. If I was Carroll, I would've punted and made Young use his arm to get down field. But you're right about SC's defense. That last thing you want to do is blitz Young. They should've played more zone and spy him. And about the fumble, I still think it's a fumble. I mean, he had the ball safely in his hands (in possession) for maybe about a second before he got hit. I don't know, that's just my opinion. I don't watch much college football but I know that if you're not juggling the ball, the ball isn't touching the ground, and feet are inbounds, it's a catch.

barrington
06-01-2006, 06:10 PM
What on earth are you talking about?

Mandy
06-01-2006, 06:19 PM
The big game. American Football, don't worry your pretty little head.

hasselbrad
06-01-2006, 06:24 PM
What on earth are you talking about?
College football National Championship. Mags likes the Texas Longhorns. They won because their quarterback, Vince Young, is a super-human freak of nature.
I'm sorry...I'm confusing you further, aren't I?

Mandy
06-01-2006, 06:55 PM
They won because their quarterback, Vince Young, is a super-human freak of nature.

Indeed. Did you see him on Jay Leno last night?

hasselbrad
06-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Nope. I read that he wouldn't give an answer as to whether he was going to the NFL or not.

Mandy
06-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah, the bastard. But you know he's going to, he'd be a complete idiot if he doesn't.

Mags
07-01-2006, 01:57 AM
Matt Leinart is a whiney punk-bitch. I hope he gets drafted by a team with an abysmal offensive line, anemic ground game and an immediate need for a quarterback.
Congrats!

SO...you think he'll go number 1 in the draft and head to the Houston Texans? Because they suck balls and their QB David Carr LEADS THE NATION in sacks. As in, has been sacked more than any other QB in the lead. But I think Reggie would go first and get the top spot. I agree on Leinart being a huge huge tool though. He sucks balls, is a dick, clearly is over-confident in a bad way, and can't hold up under Texas' defense. Did you see the hit he took late in the 2nd quarter? And he came off the field holding his head and looking like he'd been hit by a train? That was the best thing ever. Fuckwit.

I'm with Ren on the lateral. Vince was down. And I think he would have been fine if they'd ruled him down. And if Pete Carrol had contested the play, called a time-out, Texas would have been 6 points down. Course...we could have won the game on extra points alone if Pino (the kicker) had had his head in the right place. A missed extra point and a missed field goal? Jesus. Games are won on those. Just ask Alabama, who won the bowl against my beloved Texas Tech with the ugliest field goal I've ever seen. I'm still upset.

I felt the officiating was, on the whole, really good. The game was pretty much just plain well-played. I don't think there was a single pass-interference call the whole game, and that's a penalty that generally riddles college football teams.

If you want to talk about shithead plays in that game though...look to Reggie Bush. The lateral he threw? When USC had great field position and a first down? Fuckup of the CENTURY. That was a touchdown there. He lost them a touchdown, because he's listened to the hype about himself and thinks he's god. He needs to be looking at Vince, who gets heaps of praise, but is able to keep his head and not worry about it. The only time the pressure's gotten to him was in the A&M game right before the Heisman was given out. I think he was playing for the Heisman instead of for Texas and that hurt him a lot in that game.

As far as going pro...I know at this point he should - that there's nothing for him to prove playing college ball except that he can win the Heisman. But I know I still want him at Texas next year. I want him to because he deserves the Heisman, and I think if there were a recount today, Reggie would walk away empty-handed. I want him there because the Texas/Texas Tech game is going to be played at Tech next year and I want to watch that man play. And I want him to stay because I always think athletes should finish college and I want to keep watching him. I'll stop wanting to watch him in the NFL, because I hate the NFL. I've been watching him play football since my sophomore year of high schools (our high school football teams were rivals) and I want to keep watching him. I love college football, and I love watching him play it.

Fuck yeah hook 'em horns!

hasselbrad
08-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Just ask Alabama, who won the bowl against my beloved Texas Tech with the ugliest field goal I've ever seen. I'm still upset.

Yeah...um sorry about that. :icon_err:
***cough***Roll Tide***cough***

Bush will go to the Texans, unless they grow a brain and trade the top pick for a stud lineman and a number one pick further down the line. David Carr and Dominick Davis would be a nice backfield if they had linemen who could block.
Plus, I think LenDale White is a better NFL back than Reggie Bush. He reminds me a lot of Corey Dillon. Bush is a fantastic talent, but we all saw how a fast, well coached defense could contain him to some degree. In the NFL, they're all very fast and extremely well coached. And, I think White could touch the ball thirty times a game. If Bush gets thirty touches a game in the NFL, he'll be dead by week six.
Vince Young's game, strangely enough, translates better to the NFL than Leinart's. He has better velocity than Leinart, who reminds me a bit of Danny Wuerffel. His passes tend to have a lot of arc on them. Six points on a fade to the corner of the endzone, but six points the other way on a twenty yard out. There are several quarterbacks I'd take over Matt Leinart if I was an NFL GM.

Mags
08-01-2006, 08:39 PM
First of all, regarding the Alabama game. Bama played well. I'm not going to lie. And we had to scramble for every play we made. And then they won yet another game this season with a field goal at the end. You'd think the kicker would be more reliable by this point in the season, but the same could be said for Tech. Just remember our QB came back into the game with a torn ligament in his knee and scored a touchdown in his last college game. Poor Cody Hodges. He's an ugly motherfucker, but he's a good QB.

I was amazed by LenDale White's performance. He completely outshone Bush the entire game with the exception of that diving touchdown down the sideline late in the game. White was consistently good and didn't try to showboat at all like Bush did with that fucked-up lateral. I'd see White going high in any draft, but I'm sure Bush would go number 1 because of all the hype he's gotten this season. And I have a hard time believing all the hype about him.I know he can run like a motherfucker, but I think that's just going to end up fucking up his knees before too long. If you ask me, the biggest play he made all season, was pushing his shithead quarterback into the endzone at the end of the Notre Dame game. An illegal play. The NCAA rules handbook for 2005 even says it.

Interfering for or Helping the Runner or Passer
ARTICLE 2.
b. The runner shall not grasp a teammate; and no other player of his team
shall grasp, push, lift or charge into him to assist him in forward
progress.

Totally illegal. Without that play? USC's winning streak is ended half a season early. That was the biggest play Bush made all season, and it was a completely egregious call by the officials of that game. If I recall correctly, there was even a review policy for that game. There's no way that play should be allowed to stand.

I expect Bush will go to the Texans. I'm sure they'd love to have Vince, but they've got Carr, who was a first-round draft pick in the Texan's first season. Houston needs to boost it's offensive line, and give Carr some protection, but since I don't give two shits about pro-football, I doubt I'll care where anyone goes unless Vince enters the draft. I still would love to see Vince stay in college one more season, because I think the Longhorns have made him the quarterback he is today. He was good in highschool, but I think you have to be kind of groomed by a program like they have at UT before you can become the player he is today. I also think every athlete should get a degree because you can't always count on football. Vince is a big guy, but one wrong tackle to the knees and his playing days are over. I say play for one more season. The NFL is still going to be there, and with a Heisman under his belt he'd be pretty likely to go No. 1 in the draft.

Edited to add - Vince is entering the draft. Fucksocks.

Renegade
08-01-2006, 11:27 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say Young would go to the Saints. I could be wrong but I think the Saints have the 2nd pick after the Texans (Green Bay might be 2nd). Aaron Brooks is too inconsistent and throws too many picks. New Orleans could be the new Atlanta with Deuce McAllister and Vince Young heading the running game. I say he should've stay in school, tone his game a little bit more, and be drafted #1 next year, but I guess that's not the case.

LenDale White is just as good as Reggie Bush. He's bigger and looks more durable. He also led the NCAA in touchdowns, I think. His size would make him a better goal line and 3rd down back than Bush. Then again, Bush can explode out on the open field and do those little tricky moves that he does. Nonetheless, LenDale's a great RB and should be a top 10-15 pick.

hasselbrad
09-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Just remember our QB came back into the game with a torn ligament in his knee and scored a touchdown in his last college game. Poor Cody Hodges. He's an ugly motherfucker, but he's a good QB.

Trust me. Alabama fans respect the hell out of toughness. That will be remembered for a long time. Several Alabama fans have already made comments to me about Hodges. Tougher than a well-done, ten-cent steak.
I heard that our defensive line used the sounds of clanking brass to know when he was scrambling. ;)

As for Bush v. White...
A lot of Bush's ability will be negated by the speed of the NFL. Barry Sanders is the only back I've ever seen who was able to be successful dancing around. Of course, you also have to realize he lost more yardage than any other back in history as well.
I think Bush will do the same. He seems very fond of trying to run around a defense, which is suicide in the NFL. I think White will go for more yards in his rookie season.