PDA

View Full Version : KKWavefront 2006

barrington
28-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Dear Sirs & Madames,

This is the one-thousandth thread in GD and the end of the year is rolling around - what a fun one it's been. Or perhaps not. In an effort to make KKW absolutely fabulous in 2006 I'll be doing a bit of housekeeping on the website in the next month or so; not a redesign but more of a tidy-up and rejig of the messier elements. This is the time to accumulate thoughts and ponderings on the wavefront from its users and see what we can do next year to make your experience even better.

So, please take a minute or two to reply to this thread and let us know how you think KKW has done over the last year and what you'd like to see more/less of in 2006.

All your responses are valuable and I thank you for your time in advance,

Bazzle.

hasselbrad
28-12-2005, 01:04 PM
The only thing I'd like to see is a busier forum. That, however, should take care of itself in early July.

doubly
28-12-2005, 05:34 PM
I'd like to see better forums and more updates, but I don't want KKW to get too big. I'd rather know most of the people on this webiste, instead.

In any case, I really like this webiste so I think we should all thank the administrators: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelsey
28-12-2005, 05:46 PM
A Scarlett site.

:)

acliff
28-12-2005, 07:10 PM
The forum needs more people, less lurkers and more funny.

I can provide some of this humour, but even I cannot fill the cavernous void that is this forum most of the time.

Leonie
28-12-2005, 07:35 PM
In order to draw more people to the forums we need a more inviting Keira Knightley website. Right now, we're only copying Keiraweb as we see fit. Word has gone round by now, and people visit Keiraweb, not KKW (no offence Paul :D). In order to change that back, we need more original updates. Articles wouldn't hurt either. I don't know if California turned into a giant hole and swallowed Oen, but we need more gallery updates and more magazine scans. Basically, we need to go back to the high standards KKW was famous for: we used to be the place to be for all things Knightley - right now we copy Keiraweb a month after the facts. Doesn't really work.

I don't think a redesign is necessary at all - unless you can't help yourself Baz :icon_razz, and KKW looks pretty tidy. It also looks rather July 2004, content wise.

Still like the KKW though! Just think we need to get off our collective arses.

hasselbrad
28-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Win A Date With Keira Knightley :icon_razz

Seriously though, when the PoTC hype hits full stride this place will be hopping.

ryan
29-12-2005, 12:58 AM
Win A Date With Keira Knightley :icon_razz

Seriously though, when the PoTC hype hits full stride this place will be hopping.

true, but probably with people who will join and post during the excitement of the films release, but then disappear as the movie makes its way out of the theather.

deviljet88
29-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Affiliations. The more the merrier.

Scott
29-12-2005, 01:33 PM
I'd like to see Liam get a Queer Eye makeover

billie
29-12-2005, 04:41 PM
more people and more active users

Sarah
29-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Busier forums. I hardly have time to get online these days :( Which in a way is a blessing, but I think I'd be here more if the forums were busier.

Mr Darcy
29-12-2005, 05:43 PM
I say switch to IPB (Invision Power Board, (http://invisionpower.com/)...it's cheaper and better, and easier to use.. That would probably make the forums more active as well.

barrington
29-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Er..... no. The only reason i shell out $100 a year for vbulletin is because it's 20000x superior to any other forum software ever made. IPB is a joke by comparison.

Kelsey
29-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Baz, you should come around more.

:)

Digital_Ice
29-12-2005, 09:27 PM
I say switch to IPB (Invision Power Board, (http://invisionpower.com/)...it's cheaper and better, and easier to use.. That would probably make the forums more active as well.

/me laughs!

ipb!?!?

jesus....

A better chat room

we have a chat room....? :P

its just me and ranman moaning about everything!

Ranman
29-12-2005, 10:10 PM
A busier forum, more interesting topics.
More participation, old members and new.
A small tidy up.
Keira showing up once in a while.
No more unjust Banning's.
A new title bar for those who have IRC Regular and never show up
WANKER!

Mr Darcy
30-12-2005, 12:36 AM
Er..... no. The only reason i shell out $100 a year for vbulletin is because it's 20000x superior to any other forum software ever made. IPB is a joke by comparison.
I disagree, but each to their own opinion.

IPB is much easier, and can be expanded more, I would put Vbulliten on Phpbb's level.

Ardnax
30-12-2005, 09:08 PM
its just me and ranman moaning about everything!

Hey! I come and moan sometimes too!

I think that the gallery could be more updated. Before KKW was the number one spot for me when I wanted HQ pics of Keira but now I want some new ones too.

a ring in return
30-12-2005, 09:44 PM
I disagree, but each to their own opinion.

IPB is much easier, and can be expanded more, I would put Vbulliten on Phpbb's level.

lolz u r wroung

acliff
30-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Invision is slow, clunky. Besides Baz knows Vbullitin. I'm not entirely sure how changing the forum software would make it more active...

Mandy
30-12-2005, 11:49 PM
More nekkid

Mr Darcy
31-12-2005, 12:30 AM
lolz u r wroung
Dear Sir, since WHEN was an opinion wrong? Do tell.

Oencross
31-12-2005, 04:51 AM
In an effort to post some opinions:

first of all, California has not become some vast hole; however, I've become about a thousand times busier than I was before, and as of late have not had an intrest in scanning. I've been shooting my own photography, script writing, theater performing and otherwise...

as far as news updates and such, I have a few suggestions, but they're more "behind the scenes" sorts of things that'll help the site run a great deal better... so I'll try and do some talking with baz and appogy.

The forum doesn't run well because no one has anything substantial to talk about. Honestly, we could talk about dozens of things, but for the most part, most of the "senior" members are all a lot busier in their day to day lives, I lurk here to see if anything pops up that I want to talk about, but I rarely have a desire to start up a new topic.

As far as getting things moving again, we need a way to "consolidate" topics or at least we could start "official" topics, such as upcoming movies, maybe even creating sections for different movies so people know exactly where to go when they want to talk about a particular Keira film or upcoming film. The only other thought I have is actually getting rid of any new "wavefront" sites. I know that I started one, which never actually got off the ground because I became and still am quite busy, but maybe it is better to focus on Keira instead of trying to branch out to other people.

I think that's about it...

Regards,
Oen

P.S. Opinions can be wrong if they are misinformed, unintelligent, and placed in these forums, because really, if you're posting anything here, you must not have anything better to do.

Renegade
31-12-2005, 04:44 PM
I'd like to see a busier GD forum. I don't want to make it sound like I'm complaining because frankly, I myself can't think of any threads interesting enough to start.

And I think I mentioned this for last year's Wavefront, but maybe we could spark the forum with some member competition (i.e. art, fiction writing, etc.). Maybe the winners can receive a temporary title until the next competition.

Nikemike73
31-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Update the Front page and Galleries more often.

seventhson
31-12-2005, 09:10 PM
I miss you all. Too bad the blessing of a new job keeps me from seein y'all more often.
Peace + HAPPY NEW YEAR!
(-: SevwnthSon :-)

Spire
02-01-2006, 03:14 AM
Ban all the British assholes.

Bait
03-01-2006, 02:34 AM
i think there needs to be more irc regulars...and a more active general discussion

so i guess that could come from a busier forum

Mr Darcy
03-01-2006, 08:06 PM
STFU.

duckula
03-01-2006, 09:31 PM

For sure, those dicks suck.

dave
21-01-2006, 05:10 AM
In an effort to post some opinions:

first of all, California has not become some vast hole; however, I've become about a thousand times busier than I was before, .<snip>
I think that's about it...

Regards,
Oen

P.S. <snip> because really, if you're posting anything here, you must not have anything better to do.

More Humor! :)

Actually, I'd like to have the "path" at the bottom of the screen as well so I can (when I've finished reading a thread) go to the list of possible threads without having to backspace to the top of the page to click on a "path header". I'm slow, and don't read all the threads so I don't use the "previous thread" "next thread" links. I suspect I'll have to use that "drop down" list, but just haven't yet. With your double links I'm not alway sure where I want to be. (i.e. some of my posts seem to appear in two different subject threads. I'll figure it out eventually.)

Leonie
21-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Actually, I'd like to have the "path" at the bottom of the screen as well so I can (when I've finished reading a thread) go to the list of possible threads without having to backspace to the top of the page to click on a "path header". I'm slow, and don't read all the threads so I don't use the "previous thread" "next thread" links. I suspect I'll have to use that "drop down" list, but just haven't yet. With your double links I'm not alway sure where I want to be. (i.e. some of my posts seem to appear in two different subject threads. I'll figure it out eventually.)

Try clicking 'new posts' at the top of the screen. It gives you a shiny list of all threads that have been posted in since you last visited :) I suppose it still requires scrolling, but it's well handy. One hit on the 'home' button on your keyboard will bring you right back to the links at the top too :)

dave
21-01-2006, 07:01 AM
One hit on the 'home' button on your keyboard will bring you right back to the links at the top too :)

What a concept! That is a key I had never pushed! The other one was "End", and that takes me to the bottom! (I've been on the internet web so long that I've never really used "Forums" until recently.) I started on USENET on Unix machines. These forums were always too "compute heavy" for me to bother with until recently. I set up a couple of mailing lists for my balloon crew and one for my High School Graduation Reunions so I had to start messing around with "Fora". Then, one boring evening I looked around for some movie star appreciation sites, and after spending awhile on two or three (Babylon 5, Claudia Christian, Kari Wuhrer, you know the type...) I was looking up Keira because of her performance in "King Arthur". I got involved with several threads and began posting here. This community seems more active than the others and more interesting, so I stayed around.

And now, you've taught me a new thing! I appreciate that! Thank You.

Leonie
21-01-2006, 10:11 AM
What a concept! That is a key I had never pushed! The other one was "End", and that takes me to the bottom! (I've been on the internet web so long that I've never really used "Forums" until recently.)

This community seems more active than the others and more interesting, so I stayed around.

And now, you've taught me a new thing! I appreciate that! Thank You.

Well there you go. This is proof that KKWavefront isn't just recreational. Its educational value isn't to be forgotten :icon_bigg (And you're welcome :))

michael22
21-01-2006, 08:01 PM
I'd
And I think I mentioned this for last year's Wavefront, but maybe we could spark the forum with some member competition (i.e. art, fiction writing, etc.). Maybe the winners can receive a temporary title until the next competition.

That would be awseome considering the general high intelligence and language skills some members seem to have.

peach
25-01-2006, 03:30 PM
More active members. Not something I can stand up for. I have been busy and forgot to take time to visit this place and when I got the christmas message in my mail it "remembered" me to visit. Maybe something like that once in a while, not too often.

Jessie T
31-01-2006, 01:43 PM
She's in the OSCAR race now!!!:)

http://www.oscars.org (http://www.oscars.org)

Leonie
31-01-2006, 02:40 PM
And that has to do with this thread how? :icon_razz

Might bring more members about. *might*

Jessie T
31-01-2006, 03:10 PM
And that has to do with this thread how? :icon_razz

Might bring more members about. *might*

Sorry again!!

I forgot to write More frequent news updates ...

Leonie
31-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Good on ya, that's the one I voted for too.

Digital_Ice
31-01-2006, 09:56 PM
well there will be more news updates.... if baz fixes fusion any time soon

Mandy
01-02-2006, 09:50 PM
1. No more feuds
2. More posts from admin
3. Yearbook
4. Less idiotic newcomers (one thing we really can't help)