PDA

View Full Version : Silk...

CaptainStigmata
16-12-2005, 09:33 PM
A possible new Keira film? It sounds reeeally interesting and it might have Michael Pitt in it, who is another great actor. And it will be directed Francois Girard, a fantastic director!!! Here is what The Daily Mail had to say about it:

It's a good Keira move

by BAZ BAMIGBOYE, Daily Mail 08:48am 16th December 2005

Keira Knightley may well feel she has been permanently beached on the two Pirates Of The Caribbean sequels she has been filming back-to-back for most of this year - but she's due for a change of scenery soon.

The 20-year-old, who collected a Golden Globe best actress (in a comedy or musical) nomination for her role in Joe Wright's version of Pride And Prejudice, will continue to work through till early spring on the Pirates pictures - and will put in a couple of months more effort on Part Three at the end of 2006.

In between, though, she'll act in a much more intimate movie for director Francois Girard. The film is called Silk and it's based on Alessandro Baricco's novel - a gentle love story about Herve Joncour, a French silkworm merchant who travels to Japan. Keira would play Helene, the faithful wife Joncour leaves behind while he makes his trips.

Michael Pitt, who was so good in The Last Days and The Dreamers, could play the husband.

Meanwhile, Keira was still recovering yesterday from the lasagne she cooked for her and her flatmate. "It was my turn to cook and when I told my flatmate I had a nomination she said it didn't mean I was getting out of doing the cooking," Keira told me. At least she had the good sense to wash the meal down with a glass - or three! - of Krug.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/bazbamigboye.html?in_article_id=371844&in_page_id=1794

CaptainStigmata
18-12-2005, 07:17 PM
I hope this is true. It sounds like an excellent film, another chance for Keira to give a great performance (and hopefully win more awards...). The director, Fracois Girard, is amazing! He directed "The Red Violin" one of my favorite films. Also, I would love to see Keira act with Michael Pitt...

Jacoby
18-12-2005, 09:03 PM
It'd be cool to see Michael Pitt and Keira work together. Pitt was awesome in The Dreamers.

KnightleyNews
19-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Keira is ON for Silk.

Her agent has confirmed the details to me today, although the official announcement is still to be made. Filming should be set for the summer. More info on my site.

Paul

CaptainStigmata
19-12-2005, 07:04 PM
:icon_mrgr AWESOME!!! I'm so excited!!!! It sounds like another great film!!! I hope Michael Pitt has signed on, too.

KnightleyNews
20-12-2005, 05:39 PM
:icon_mrgr AWESOME!!! I'm so excited!!!! It sounds like another great film!!! I hope Michael Pitt has signed on, too.

Just got home to an email from Michael's manager - he HAS signed on. Michael will play Herve Joncour.

Paul

Liz
21-12-2005, 11:17 AM
GREAT! certainly the film will be cool with such great actors like Keira and Micheal!
I heard the shooting will begin in the middle of 2006!

Edward
21-12-2005, 08:53 PM
any chance of a brief plot?

Ranman
21-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Well you see there is this big monkey and he chases Naomi Watts around
Opps sorry wrong plot

CaptainStigmata
21-12-2005, 11:58 PM
This movie sounds sooo good, and it is a totally different character for Keira: She is playing Helene Joncour, right? Not the concubine that Herve has an affair with, right?

Lizzie Bennet
22-12-2005, 06:51 PM
This sounds interesting. I can't wait to see her in it.

Kal
30-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Yes, I also liked the idea of Silk as a new Keira film very much. I bought the book a week ago :read: and I think it was good. But I was wondering which role she should take. There are just two important female parts that are not japanese and that is Helena, hervés wife and the mysterious girl who never speaks a word. As the author said that Helena had the most beautiful voice in the world I guess that would be true for Keira... I love her voice...

(Sorry for mistakes above, I'm not a native-speaker, just learning english for a couple of years now... far away from perfect)

fandekeira
05-01-2006, 06:03 PM
she'll be as gd in this film as always!!she can show us an aother timme how top she is!!!!!what's francois girrard natinality??? his name doesnt seem english it seems a french one!

KnightleyNews
20-01-2006, 08:48 AM
First trade journal mentions of a pre-production Silk today, in both Variety and Screen International, talking mostly about the companies who have already picked up international distribution of the film:

Picturehouse, New Line Int'l take Silk road together

Jeremy Kay in Los Angeles 20 January 2006

Picturehouse and New Line International have snapped up the majority of the world on Francois Girard's dark romantic adaptation Silk, which will stars Keira Knightley, Michael Pitt, Koji Yakusho and Alfred Molina.

Filming is due to begin at the end of February in Matsumoto, Japan, and will end in late May in Italy, as the crew follows the trail of Alessandro Baricco's besteller across Egypt and Asia.

The Canadian-Italian-Japanese co-production is being put together by Rhombus Media, Fandango SRL and Bee Vine Pictures, in association with Productions Soie and Vice Versa Films.

Alliance Atlantis affiliate Motion Picture Distribution will release in Canada, Fandango in Italy and Asmik Ace in Japan.

New Line, a joint venture partner in Picturehouse alongside HBO, will handle all other territories and will begin sales in Berlin next month.

Baricco's story follows a 19th century French silkworm merchant Herve Joncour as he travels to Japan and embarks upon a secret affair with a mysterious woman.

Girard and Michael Golding adapted the screenplay and Niv Fichman, Nadine Luque, Domenico Procacci and Sonoko Sakai will serve as producers.

New Line's senior vice president of business affairs Carolyn Blackwood negotiated the deal with Stephen Saltzman of Loeb and Loeb on behalf of the filmmakers.

"Silk is a sweeping erotic tale that will translate gloriously from page to screen," Picturehouse president Bob Berney said. "With the book's many dedicated fans around the world, we look forward to bringing this film to theaters."

"Alessandro Baricco's book is perfect movie material," Girard, whose credits include The Red Violin, added. "It offers both the intimacy of a gripping emotional tale and the epic quality of a journey to the end of the world." ===========

As there are so few characters in the book, Molina must be playing Baldabiou, owner of the silkworm factories. There are several changes to the screenplay, however, notably that the concubine is Japanese, not a European as per the book. It is planned to premiere the film at Cannes in 2007.

Paul

Liam
20-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Sounds like a yawn a minute, sadly.

deviljet88
20-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Sounds like a yawn a minute, sadly.
Most men's reaction to the words "gentle love story" :P

Ranman
20-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Most men's reaction to the words "gentle love story" :P

Most Gay Men

michael22
21-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Silk sounds interesting. The director usually does a very good job. But it could turn into one of those date movies that the only reason the guy goes to see it is Kk. But if shot intersingly enough it could turn out brilliant with praise and plaudits for all.

Kirby
22-01-2006, 06:52 AM
YAYAYAYAYAYA~ new Keira movies always mean good news, it sounds really interesting :icon_popc

Rob The BLack Douglas
23-01-2006, 01:14 AM
This will probably be good. I enjoy The Red Violin alot and with the same screenwriter on board I'm definately interested in seeing this movie, and not just because Keira's in it.