PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Koso, Does this love story deserves a happy ending or not?

Flightfreak
16-12-2005, 02:49 PM
deleted

marine
16-12-2005, 02:59 PM
My friends and I were talking about it 2 days ago.
I hardly conceive the fact that a 21 yrs old man can fall in love with a 13 yrs young girl I think it was totally iresponsible of him to have imregnated her (yes, I know accidents happen). My friend made a point, while I can hardly conceive you're mature enough at 13 to have sex, a baby and be married, she may be more mature than I was at her age.
And I hope he won't go to jail, at least he's there for his wife and future baby.

acliff
17-12-2005, 02:06 AM
Irresponsible to impregnate her?
Taking contraceptive measures does not detract from the fact that she's 13, and he's 22. And you suggesting that he's a 22 year old teenager... at the age of 22, you really think he is going to mature?

In my eyes, its totally unacceptable. Condoning this sort of thing is not the way forward. In this age where disguising your age is easy, and pretty much expected, we don't need to give excuses for those who cradle snatch.

deviljet88
17-12-2005, 11:44 AM
If that's what they want... Everyone consents, turn a blind eye.

Foeni
17-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Bruning is not a "frustrated asshole" by charging him. He's just doing his job. Koso broke the law and he'll have to face the consequences. But law or not, I think it's disgusting he's having sex with a 13 year old girl. That's called pedophilia (don't know how it's spelled..).

On another note, I don't understand why they call it rape. Nothing indicates that she didn't want it as well as he did.

DragonRat
17-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Statutory rape. I wouldn't really say he's a pedophile, though. He'd have to be in his 30s or 40s (or older) if he were to be called a crazy taboo pedophile. Otherwise, it's just statutory rape.

In my opinion, how come no one has asked the girl? Don't people think her point of view would be important as well? Besides, if she herself doesn't want to press charges, there's no way the government can charge her husband. (Why would she charge him with statutory rape, if she was consenting?) So Nebraska law states that someone 19+ cannot have sexual relations with someone 16 or younger. I could see such a law invoked, if the girl cried molestation. But come on, this is just a district attorney out to get a name for himself.

As for my actual opinion on the sexual relation, yeah, that's pretty messed up. But, it's not my family. It's not my jurisdiction, and what two consenting people are going to do in the privacy of their home is none of my business - especially not the government's either. Besides, those two are probably already messed up in the head; having a child and sending one to prison is going to spice up an already boiling hot soup.

I like the fact that Bruning said, "She'll be married to someone in prison." Yeah, that was YOUR fault, wasn't it? Thanks for splitting up what was already a fine marriage to begin with. I hope your holier-than-Thou attitude justifies their child's misdeeds in the future.

acliff
18-12-2005, 02:50 AM
Surely if they're married, then the girl's parents consented to the marriage? Assuming they went to a registry office (or ceremony) and gave their correct ages?

Flightfreak, they may love each other, but this kind of love is illegal. And is illegal for good reason. So if you found a 13 year old girl that you 'loved' on the net, you'd sleep with her, and father her child? And surely if this love is strong enough to breach legal barriers, surely it can survive a couple of years of absence from the father? If love is the most important thing here of course. She might actually be of consenting age by then...
In my mind, he ruined the girl's life when he started the relationship with her. He should have known better.

marine
18-12-2005, 07:33 AM
aclifff, they broke they law, yes. and a 20 yrs old with someone that young is messed up (my thought is that if he was so sure about this relationship, he should have waited till she was older), but the point is she was ok with it, they went to get married in a state which allows marriage between people so young with the parent's consent. And ALL the parents gave their consent. So what is it going to bring to send this guy to jail? He didn't rape her and by the way 13/14 yrs old girl having sex with guys in their late teens, early 20's is less and less uncommon (not that I approve or not approve of)

Foeni
18-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Statutory rape. I wouldn't really say he's a pedophile, though. He'd have to be in his 30s or 40s (or older) if he were to be called a crazy taboo pedophile. Otherwise, it's just statutory rape.
In my opinion rape has something to do with being physically forced to sex.

I call an adult a pedophile if he's having sex with a child. He's adult, she's a child. That's what I call a pedophile. Anyway, I don't really have more to say, cliff has already said it.

acliff
18-12-2005, 08:35 PM
In my opinion rape has something to do with being physically forced to sex.

I call an adult a pedophile if he's having sex with a child. He's adult, she's a child. That's what I call a pedophile. Anyway, I don't really have more to say, cliff has already said it.

Statutory rape is very different from normal rape. Even though it contains the same word, statutory rape is independant of consent. Partially because at that age, in the eyes of the law, you are not of an age to consent to anything.

In my opinion, children of 13-14 are not particularly good decision makers. You may choose to argue that they might be mature beyond their years. This girl is obviously more sexually mature, considering she's experienced (compared to other girls of her age) and she with child. However, mentally speaking, I doubt she's particularly mature at all.
If you argue that you were mature when you were 13-14 (or are 13-14 and claim that you're mature) and know exactly what you're doing, then you are wrong. How you feel at, quite possibly the most impressionable age is not to be trusted. Although of course, at the time, it feels like you're in the right.

I'm not saying this union is necessarily evil, but it is wrong, and goes against laws put in place to protect children from being abused and taken advantage of. If there were exceptions, then what real use are these laws? Use them when they suit our needs?

Foeni
18-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Statutory rape is very different from normal rape. Even though it contains the same word, statutory rape is independant of consent. Partially because at that age, in the eyes of the law, you are not of an age to consent to anything.
Ok, didn't know that.

acliff
18-12-2005, 09:42 PM
You could say that here, an older man is satiated by his relationship with a vastly younger partner.

Laws are not guidelines. They are laws. If they were up for interpretation as much as you seem to think, judges would have far too much power.

hasselbrad
19-12-2005, 04:08 PM
He didn't rape her and by the way 13/14 yrs old girl having sex with guys in their late teens, early 20's is less and less uncommon (not that I approve or not approve of)

And, therein lies the problem. Clothing manufacturers, media, etc. have "sexed" up children in the name of turning a quick buck, and now, shit like this becomes more common. Letting it go because "they're in love" sets a precedent that sends society down a very slippery slope. Where do you draw the line?
That said, I'd like to see our laws changed so that simpletons (like this guy) that have young girlfriends aren't tagged as "sexual predators" for the rest of their lives.

Leonie
23-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Thirteen-year-olds aren't in love. If anything at all, it's puberty's first hormones. Secondly, thirteen-year-olds aren't supposed to be having babies. No matter how 'in love' they are. Now, I know that it probably wasn't planned, but if she were really so mature, wouldn't she haven taken sufficient measures to prevent a pregnancy? Oh, that's right, she probably didn't know how all that worked since she only had her first period say... last Tuesday. As for the 'mature' member of this couple - you'd think that at the age of 22, you'd know what a condom is, and what use it has.

This whole thing is too ridiculous to be true. I'm not saying the age gap is too big, but it is too big at that age. This bloke had graduated secondary school by the time she learnt how to spell! There's nothing wrong with a huge age gap per se, but when one of the partners has yet to go to her final prom, something's fishy. The guy should have had the sense to back off well before the girl was even in the position to get pregnant.

Now, Husband obviously didn't get all that, and has thus ruined a young girl's childhood. Good on him. About time to back off, annul the 'marriage', and get a shrink on Hubby's case. Court of law might get him one. I don't see the problem.

DragonRat
23-12-2005, 08:37 PM
This whole thing makes me want to read Nabokov's Lolita. I hear it's a better story than this one.

acliff
23-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Thirteen-year-olds aren't in love. If anything at all, it's puberty's first hormones. Secondly, thirteen-year-olds aren't supposed to be having babies. No matter how 'in love' they are. Now, I know that it probably wasn't planned, but if she were really so mature, wouldn't she haven taken sufficient measures to prevent a pregnancy? Oh, that's right, she probably didn't know how all that worked since she only had her first period say... last Tuesday. As for the 'mature' member of this couple - you'd think that at the age of 22, you'd know what a condom is, and what use it has.

This whole thing is too ridiculous to be true. I'm not saying the age gap is too big, but it is too big at that age. This bloke had graduated secondary school by the time she learnt how to spell! There's nothing wrong with a huge age gap per se, but when one of the partners has yet to go to her final prom, something's fishy. The guy should have had the sense to back off well before the girl was even in the position to get pregnant.

Now, Husband obviously didn't get all that, and has thus ruined a young girl's childhood. Good on him. About time to back off, annul the 'marriage', and get a shrink on Hubby's case. Court of law might get him one. I don't see the problem.

13 is far far too young, is it old fashioned for me to think that you shouldn't be having kids before you're at LEAST 19,20? Or have I been affected by the 'career women' spiel that you get on TV?
The fact is, lots and lots of girls in the UK and presumably other countries are having kids at 13-14 'because its what their mums did', they don't know that caring for a baby is not quite as fun, easy or cheap as the doll they got given when they were 3, and that if they have kids, they get given a council house so that they can move away from their mum's abusive drunk boyfriend.

Mandy
24-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Yeah, it'd be like me and jet cooping up, and that's just wrong.

deviljet88
24-12-2005, 03:18 AM
You're only 5 years older than me, pfft.

Liam
24-12-2005, 05:40 AM
Jet could teach you a few things.

Leonie
24-12-2005, 06:14 AM
13 is far far too young, is it old fashioned for me to think that you shouldn't be having kids before you're at LEAST 19,20? Or have I been affected by the 'career women' spiel that you get on TV?

I'd say not having children till you are an adult, in the legal sense of the word if nothing else, would make sense. 13 is a bit young. I mean, essentially we are talking about a child having a baby. Also, isn't it a little egoistic to have a baby when you aren't emotionally and economically ready for it? Again - she probably didn't plan it - but I'm guessing the state gets to pay for this lovechild?

Jacoby
24-12-2005, 06:21 AM
I cannot make a proper judgement of this situation until I see a picture of the girl.

...Just kidding.

acliff
24-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Thats the wrong question to ask, because I think all stupid people should be locked up and/or wiped out. The older I get the less tolerent I get of the less intellectually able.

duckula
24-12-2005, 12:58 PM
What a heartwarming story, a retard paedophile and a stupid little whore. The retard should be punished as the law dictates, the little girl should be allowed to grow up and the child should be placed in some caring environment (not with the girls parents who have already shown their lack of judgement and parenting skills).

Mandy
24-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Jet could teach you a few things.

Yeah, like how to blow bubbles in my chocolate milk.

acliff
24-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah, like how to blow bubbles in my chocolate milk.

You deviant.

Besides, Jet has better taste, he doesn't go for wrinkled oldies like you, he's in the perfect position to get them while they're young.

I don't mean the gates of the orphanage.