PDA

View Full Version : Golden Globe!!!

CaptainStigmata
13-12-2005, 03:42 PM
:) :icon_icon Keira has been nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Actress!!!!

Lizzie Bennet
13-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Great! She deserves it.

CaptainStigmata
13-12-2005, 05:45 PM
I know! I'm so excited. She is finally getting the praise she deserves. THe Award Season has just begun and she is getting all kinds of recognition. She won BEst Actress at the New York Online Film Critcs Awards and got Second place and the Boston Society of Film Critics Awards! She was also nominated for a Golden Satellite Award for Best Actress and got a Broadcast Film Critcs nom!

Kelsey
13-12-2005, 06:03 PM
For those who would like to know more specifically, Keira was nominated for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy (good job submitting it as a comedy, btw, I had a bet that it would be nominated with someone who was sure they would be submitting it as a drama where it would be overlooked, but that's other news). The film itself was also nominated for Best Picture, Musical or Comedy, definitely not a bad thing since that film has been remade so many times.

Liz
13-12-2005, 06:22 PM
that's so great! she MUST get this price, she really deserves it!!!

aznkkfan
13-12-2005, 08:14 PM
AHH!!! Woooo!!!! *pops champagne*

GuinevereLover
13-12-2005, 08:32 PM
She 100% thouroughly deserves it!! I really hope that she wins. She was so incredibly brilliant in Pride and Prejudice!! :D :D :D

KnightleyNews
13-12-2005, 09:00 PM
I have a couple of Keira interview snippets online now from when she popped in to Sky News this afternoon to give her reaction. Her mum, as ever, is keeping her grounded: "You won't win" she told her !

Paul

Jacoby
13-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Who's she up against?

EDIT: Nevermind, I googled. It'll go to Witherspoon. Just because of everything that went into Walk the Line. And also her acting.

a ring in return
14-12-2005, 12:52 AM
I agree with Jake.

devine kk
14-12-2005, 07:43 AM
I know! I'm so excited. She is finally getting the praise she deserves. THe Award Season has just begun and she is getting all kinds of recognition. She won BEst Actress at the New York Online Film Critcs Awards and got Second place and the Boston Society of Film Critics Awards! She was also nominated for a Golden Satellite Award for Best Actress and got a Broadcast Film Critcs nom!

Although she deserves it sadly this is not true the award actually went to Reese Witherspoon for Walk The Line

But i wish wish her all the best for the Globe, she most certainly deserves it.

Idle
14-12-2005, 08:09 AM
Although she deserves it sadly this is not true the award actually went to Reese Witherspoon for Walk The Line

Not so.

Keira did win the NYFCO award, as CaptainStigmata said.

It's the NYFCC one that Witherspoon won. They are two different awards.

devine kk
14-12-2005, 03:31 PM
i apologise all round and stand corrected.

sorry

billie
26-12-2005, 02:31 PM
:) :icon_icon Keira has been nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Actress!!!!

that's really great.. she deserve it all.. she deserves to win