Hazzle
12-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Err...unique.

duckula
12-07-2004, 11:41 PM
It's a bit shit.

Hazzle
13-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Blunter than I was going for...but alrighty :)

Narg
13-07-2004, 12:39 AM
bad, but 100 times better than anything i could do :).

perhaps instead of trying to draw her entire body ( almost ), spend more time on doing say her head, giving it more detail and trying to make it look as realistic as you can.

Sarah
13-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Come on guys, a little bit of constructive criticism would be nice. Not just nasty comments. Ardnax, thats very good for a first try. I like the shading on her stomach, and you've got the clothes right. If you wanted it to be more accurate, you could try adding more detail to her face. :) Good try!

Ardnax
13-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Thanks Sarah, I felt some tears coming... Just kidding. I never said it was good did I? Besides, Keira is to perfect for me to draw. I'm not so good.

keira loves lipgloss
13-07-2004, 03:46 PM
yeah sarahs rite its great i think you drew it from the disnyland pirates of the caribbean prermiere am i rite?!!!!!!

Ardnax
13-07-2004, 03:54 PM
yeah sarahs rite its great i think you drew it from the disnyland pirates of the caribbean prermiere am i rite?!!!!!!
Yes, you're right, it's not so hard to tell.

keira loves lipgloss
13-07-2004, 04:12 PM
that drawing is fab i bet anyone could tell who that was straight away

Ardnax
13-07-2004, 05:38 PM
awwwwww! Thanks Ellie!

keira loves lipgloss
13-07-2004, 05:56 PM
thats ok! its a really great drawing the necklace looks kool!

Hazzle
14-07-2004, 12:45 AM
that drawing is fab i bet anyone could tell who that was straight away

Except I didn't know Keira had an older uglier sister...

alby
16-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Picking on a 14 year old girl...how manly...

deviljet88
16-07-2004, 09:08 AM
I'm a 14 year old boy, so its manly for me. Nice abs, but bad face. As Narg said, try drawing the face properly instead of body.

Hazzle
18-07-2004, 02:14 AM

Who said anything about being a man?!?! Hazzle is a law unto ITself...I'm only nominally called a "him" because people are too frightened to look down there and work it out for themselves :p

And it's not picking on anyone...it's called humour...sense of humour transplant needed stat...

alby
18-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Who said anything about being a man?!?! Hazzle is a law unto ITself...I'm only nominally called a "him" because people are too frightened to look down there and work it out for themselves :p

And it's not picking on anyone...it's called humour...sense of humour transplant needed stat...

Actually it's called sarcasm.

Hazzle
18-07-2004, 04:54 AM
Actually it's called sarcasm.

For someone who plans to do an Mphil...you need to consult a dictionary more often.

sarcasm

•n. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

- DERIVATIVES sarcastic adj. sarcastically adv.
- ORIGIN C16: from Fr. sarcasme, or via late L. from late Gk sarkasmos, from Gk sarkazein 'tear flesh', in late Gk 'gnash the teeth, speak bitterly' (from sarx, sark- 'flesh').

Now...that would fit...if my comment had been ironic...let's define irony, shall we?

irony1 / 'rni/

•n. (pl. ironies) the expression of meaning through the use of language signifying the opposite, typically for humorous effect. →a state of affairs that appears perversely contrary to what one expects. → (also dramatic or tragic irony) a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.

- ORIGIN C16: via L. from Gk eirneia 'simulated ignorance', from eirn 'dissembler'.

Now...my comment wasn't ironic in the slightest...and thus wasn't sarcastic...it was bluntly honest...there IS a difference (sarcasm actually requires use of opposites...so "Wow, that's really really good...you should be like a famous painter or something..." would be more sarcastic)

Maybe you should learn to use a dictionary before you go to LSE, eh? They are a bunch of intellectually vain twats at that place, so you're unlikely to fit in if you don't know how to use a dictionary.

alby
18-07-2004, 04:59 AM

To Hazzle:

If you had half a brain, you would have realized that I was referring to the comment I originally made in post 15.

But thank you for showing viewers how to use the Internet to access a dictionary.

Hazzle
18-07-2004, 05:05 AM
To Hazzle:

If you had half a brain, you would have realized that I was referring to the comment I originally made in post 15.

But thank you for showing viewers how to use the Internet to access a dictionary.

My friend...if I had half a brain I wouldn't make half the posts I do.

But if you had half the intelligence you seem to think you do, you'd have realised that the post you replied to had a line "it's called humour". Now I don't know if you learnt your grammar, but by replying to that with "No, it's called sarcasm" you're referring to MY comment...learn that for next time, eh kiddo?

Oh...and I detected the sarcasm in the original post, dimwit, which is why I proceeded to play off of it. Learn to read mate.

alby
18-07-2004, 05:37 AM
My friend...if I had half a brain I wouldn't make half the posts I do.

But if you had half the intelligence you seem to think you do, you'd have realised that the post you replied to had a line "it's called humour". Now I don't know if you learnt your grammar, but by replying to that with "No, it's called sarcasm" you're referring to MY comment...learn that for next time, eh kiddo?

According to your line of reasoning, your reply in post three only refers to post two because it doesn't include a title or quote in it. Cry me a river. Blah Blah Blah.

Oh...and I detected the sarcasm in the original post, dimwit, which is why I proceeded to play off of it. Learn to read mate.

Blah Blah Blah. No, actually you didn't. Nice try. Blah Blah Blah.

DragonRat
18-07-2004, 06:10 AM
Does this mean that her drawing is good or bad?

I'd say she needs to work on the face a bit, but otherwise, she's got potential.

deviljet88
18-07-2004, 06:25 AM
You know, if Hazzle just ignores all the people who want to argue with him, his post count wouldn't be that high :P I think they think her drawing is dodgy, at least the face bit.

Spire
18-07-2004, 06:41 AM
Well, at least I could tell who it was.

Hazzle
18-07-2004, 12:32 PM
According to your line of reasoning, your reply in post three only refers to post two because it doesn't include a title or quote in it. Cry me a river. Blah Blah Blah.

Someone clearly doesn't understand how to use pronouns. THAT was my point, not because you replied to me, but because you utilised the same pronoun as me whilst replying to me. Example...you say "Keira's beautiful, isn't she?" and I reply "Nahh, she's ugly". My "she" must be the same "she" as you're referring to...basic grammar mate. I can't later try and save face by claiming it refers to something else. Try again chief. Did you even learn English at school? It's not because you quoted me, it's because you actually used the same pronoun without clarifying which "it" you were referring to...as a default rule of English grammar, you were referring to the same "it" as I was. Don't argue semantics with me mate, you won't win...I have a degree in semantics :)

Blah Blah Blah. No, actually you didn't. Nice try. Blah Blah Blah.

I clearly did...the sarcasm was the "how manly" bit...which I proceeded to play off of by saying "Who said anything about being a man?". your point was to try and suggest I wasn't being manly. I was pointing out I don't aspire to being manly...as such I clearly must've understood your sarcasm. Try again mate. This time...think it through rather than just saying "No, you didn't, blah blah blah". It's like arguing with a 3 year old. What's next? "I know you are, but what am I?"

You know, if Hazzle just ignores all the people who want to argue with him, his post count wouldn't be that high :P I think they think her drawing is dodgy, at least the face bit.

Yeah, but where's the fun in that? Just giving the people who want a fight with me what they asked for...it's a public service. :p God knows why so many people choose to start fights with me...but oh well...at least when it's someone like Cliff it's an intelligent response which actually has a grasp of the English language. Simple thing like pronoun use escapes this kid...shame.

As for the thread at hand...I already voiced my opinion and said it's crap...sadly I'm not allowed to make a comment that's negative about it or else the great and wise Alby, he who cannot understand pronouns, will come and get me with another infantile post. Oh well. :D

Ardnax
18-07-2004, 12:37 PM
excuse me, can you please stop posting things that hasn't anything to do with my drawing?

Hazzle
18-07-2004, 12:40 PM
excuse me, can you please stop posting things that hasn't anything to do with my drawing?

Fair enough...I'll just cut out the relevant line for you.

"As for the thread at hand...I already voiced my opinion and said it's crap"

Sorry if you don't like what I have to say about it, but it was actually Alby who took it off topic...and has yet to actually comment on the picture itself :)

Ardnax
18-07-2004, 12:46 PM
It's okay Haz, everybody has the right to their opinion. As long it isn't off topic. :D

Hazzle
18-07-2004, 12:48 PM
It's okay Haz, everybody has the right to their opinion. As long it isn't off topic. :D

Glad to hear it...to be fair...the stomach isn't bad...but the face, the shoulders, the arm the fingers...a fair bit of it needs work. It's been ages since I've done any sketching or painting, but yeah, I'd suggest working on the form first. Shading is less important than ensuring the form actually fits the subject. Oh...and the hair...needs work.

KeirazBabe
18-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Awww not a bad try Alexandra :D Stomach is fab!... lighten off a bit guys.. she isnt going to art school and shes only 14..bless!

Lmao Haz, love ur siggy ;)

xXx

Ardnax
18-07-2004, 05:04 PM
This is one I made today.

keira loves lipgloss
18-07-2004, 05:49 PM
great second drawing ardnax youve got great talent

Hazzle
18-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Better...still needs a little work...but getting better for sure.

Ardnax
18-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Thanks Ellie! It's not so good quality at the scan. Sorry about that and thanks Haz, I took your advise and made more effort to the forms instead of the shading.

Hazzle
18-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Thanks Ellie! It's not so good quality at the scan. Sorry about that and thanks Haz, I took your advise and made more effort to the forms instead of the shading.

Yeah, I suspected the scan quality didn't really get to show it off properly...you're getting better for sure...keep trying and I'm sure you'll pull of something amazing :) (see, I CAN say nice things sometimes :p)

KeirazBabe
18-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I suspected the scan quality didn't really get to show it off properly...you're getting better for sure...keep trying and I'm sure you'll pull of something amazing :) (see, I CAN say nice things sometimes :p)

I agree with Haz Alexandra :) getting better for sure! and the lips are quite god considering they are quite hard to draw.. i drew a pic of Keira like last year or sumat.. dont think i ever posted it.. and dont think i ever will considering im 17 n cant get away with crappy art lol

xXx

duckula
18-07-2004, 10:34 PM
When did Keira start taking steroids? Less chin is the way to go.

DesignatedJerk
22-07-2004, 01:46 AM
better than what i can do

Renegade
22-07-2004, 03:08 AM
The facial features are pretty accurate. The face structure is mainly what needs work. Good work though :)

pills
22-07-2004, 04:24 AM
Not bad, but the neck needs to be WAY thinner, alot less chin, her face needs to get thinner towards the bottom as well, the bridge of her nose needs to be thinner as well, eyes could be a tad lower, give her some ears, eyes are supposed to be an eye width apart... thats about it

Try a few drawings that focus on her outline and not on value (shading)

also compare the actual picture to your drawing and try to see what you could improve on

Ardnax
22-07-2004, 05:14 PM
You actually see a bit of one ear if it would have been a better scan and you can't see the other ear in the real pic either.

Adebe90
23-07-2004, 07:23 PM
It was really a great drawing of Keira from the premiere of Pirates of the Carribean exept from her face, but the rest was like looking at a picture

Ardnax
23-07-2004, 09:02 PM
I drawed the first pic from a VERY small pic so I couldn't see the details in the face, I should have done only the stomach then.

jadie
26-07-2004, 06:51 PM
lovely picture! it's way better than I could do.

Kelsey
27-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Good job Ardnax! Thanks for sharing them; keep them coming.

And for those of you dissing it, let's see your drawings :)

Hazzle
28-07-2004, 12:08 AM
And for those of you dissing it, let's see your drawings :)

I consider it constructive criticism not dissing. And no...you're all unworthy and I'm too fucking lazy :)

Ardnax
03-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Here is a new one, bad scan tho. :icon_redf

Sarah
03-08-2004, 06:55 PM
I don't think it looks an awful lot like Keira, but I do think it is very good. You've got her eyebrows right and your shading is coming along nicely. Keep practising and you'll soon have a spitting image of Keira. :)

Jacoby
03-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Yes, they're getting better and better. Good work. Keep practicing as Sarah has said. Keep posting them too. :)

DefyingGravity
03-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Well, at least you can tell who they are. :)

Renegade
03-08-2004, 11:48 PM
A little work on the chin and cheek structure and it'll be fine. You'll definitely improve with every drawing. Keep em coming and eventually you'll hit the spot. Good work :).

Hazzle
04-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Improvement made...room for further improvement.

duckula
04-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Still looks like a man.

deviljet88
04-08-2004, 09:57 AM
Still looks like a man.
Doesn't look like Keira at all, but saying its a man is a bit harsh lol

Ardnax
10-08-2004, 05:12 PM
Here's one I made today.

keira loves lipgloss
10-08-2004, 06:01 PM
great drawing,keep up the good work

AureaMediocritas
10-08-2004, 06:03 PM
You are getting better ! Nice picture except perhaps for the teeth that remind
me a bit of lettuce and carrot eaters :) ... Anyway , if I had to draw such a
piece , you would definitely have something to laugh at for hours , so don't be shy and keep them coming !!!

duckula
10-08-2004, 11:44 PM
Ok, movement has been made towards making it look female but seemingly at the cost of making it look severely retarded. Keep up the fine work.

Hazzle
11-08-2004, 01:41 AM
Ok, movement has been made towards making it look female but seemingly at the cost of making it look severely retarded. Keep up the fine work.

What he said...but in a bid to be less harsh...you're making minor improvements...which can't be bad...teeth are the REALLY bad bit...top half of the picture isn't so bad...jaw is still kinda fucked.

AureaMediocritas
12-08-2004, 05:36 PM

Poor girl... this sarcastic remark must have shocked her :icon_popc (haha)
Please do not forget that she is only 14... When I was her age, I would
seriously considered crying , without necessarily being a sissy : just keep in
mind that she is making a somehow remarkable effort, and , at least in my opinion , she does not deserve this kind of treatment... (although , I must admit, it makes me laugh at full heart)

Hazzle
12-08-2004, 05:37 PM
It's comedy, and I'm sure she hasn't taken it personally...how about we get back to the topic? Thanks :D

AureaMediocritas
12-08-2004, 05:40 PM
I apologize...
Ardnax , bring it on for us !!!!

deviljet88
13-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Wow single row of teeth! Still doesn't look like her, but its nice to see someone persisting even with the harsh critism being dished out :)

Hazzle
13-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Harsh criticism is what drives one to strive for bigger and better things...

Ardnax
13-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Let's just face it, you can't draw Keira, she's to perfect!

Hazzle
13-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Don't give up...but you do have a point...she is pretty damn hard to capture on paper :p

Angelus
17-08-2004, 03:04 PM
heres a pic of keira that i did in "paint"

http://img1.uploadimages.net/770414keira.JPG

Sarah
17-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Very cool indeed!

Hazzle
17-08-2004, 09:10 PM
heres a pic of keira that i did in "paint"

http://img1.uploadimages.net/770414keira.JPG

Nice.

Narzys
17-08-2004, 09:27 PM
... wow... that ‘paint’ drawing got a very special effect... It's not "vector", it’s…how do you wanna call it. Paint-Art.

Most important think I learned on my Multimedia Design Study is:

The sympathy of the imperfection - think about that!

Angelus
18-08-2004, 07:04 AM
yeah i wud think about that, if i had a clue to wat u r talking about....

Angelus
18-08-2004, 05:08 PM
heres another one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/-Angelus-/keira1.jpg

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Your signature is too big...please read the rules and rectify it...also if you wish to start posting a lot of your own pictures, perhaps you'd like to start your own thread? It'd just be better...Ardnax may have left and not care much, but this was her thread :)

Ardnax
18-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Your signature is too big...please read the rules and rectify it...also if you wish to start posting a lot of your own pictures, perhaps you'd like to start your own thread? It'd just be better...Ardnax may have left and not care much, but this was her thread :)
You obviously didn't notice that I'm back! :fencing:

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 06:26 PM
You obviously didn't notice that I'm back! :fencing:

You obviously didn't notice I said "may" :p

(No, I didn't notice...but I am glad...wavefront addiction should never be fought...always give in to it people :D)

Angelus
18-08-2004, 06:59 PM
why? too big for u too look at???

(I'm an idiot...please ban me)

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 07:01 PM
why? too big for u too look at???

No...it's too big for the rules...and whilst I'll disregard your request for now...do that again and I will be more than willing to do as you requested. Rules is rules...go read them...they're here (http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46), in case you forgot.

keira_lover
18-08-2004, 07:06 PM

Wish granted...............banned.

Just kidding. Sadly I don't have the power. I'm just a lowly, powerless commoner in the hierarchy that is the KKW forums. :icon_cry:

Angelus
18-08-2004, 09:22 PM
hazzle, dont put that agen u pathetic person u, i didnt type that

"(I'm an idiot...please ban me)"

acliff
18-08-2004, 10:27 PM
Take off your fucking signiture you blind retard. Read the fucking rules.

Angelus
18-08-2004, 10:40 PM
ur 19 and u cant spell...signature ..lmfao...ur the one whos a blind retard!!!! ..lmfao

acliff
18-08-2004, 10:45 PM
ur 19 and u cant spell...signature ..lmfao...ur the one whos a blind retard!!!! ..lmfao

Whereas you're 19, and you consistently cannot spell the world 'you' or 'you are' and wtf is agen? I find it highly amusing that someone who cannot spell themselves or use correct punctuation criticising others highly others highly amusing. Fucking hypocrite.

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 10:46 PM

Please don't insult me when I'm doing my job...and please don't insult other members when all they're doing is trying to help a moderator do their job...I'm glad you seem to have sorted out your sig...but don't make me ban you for your behaviour, eh?

Calm it down eh?

Oh...and quite the netspeak while you're at it...

Angelus
18-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Please don't insult me when I'm doing my job...and please don't insult other members when all they're doing is trying to help a moderator do their job...I'm glad you seem to have sorted out your sig...but don't make me ban you for your behaviour, eh?

Calm it down eh?

Oh...and quite the netspeak while you're at it...

"Calm it down eh?" Tell acliff to calm down too, i wasnt the only one talking crap :eek13:

apoggy
18-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Right, Angelus, stop posting off topic, arguing with officers and causing chaos. any further outbursts from you and a 3 day ban will be served.

Angelus
18-08-2004, 10:56 PM
sorry, didnt even know hazzle was a mod

Hazzle
18-08-2004, 11:16 PM
sorry, didnt even know hazzle was a mod

For what it's worth, technically I'm not...but I was doing the job of one...like Poggs said...quit it. I'm going to lock this...unless Ardnax wants it reopened...if you do dear, just PM me and I'll reopen it...it's no big deal just killing the spam-war :D