PDA

View Full Version : anyone like country music?

jdurangosgirl
28-10-2005, 08:04 PM
I can't say I started out as a huge fan but my friend loves it so she is getting me more into it. She bought me the new Joe Nichols album for my b-day and I have been listening to it the entire day. Anyone heard of Joe Nichols? Besides being a cutie, his music on this cd is soooo much fun. I can't stop playing Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off and Size Matters. I love his play on words and his sense of humor through the enitre cd.

hasselbrad
28-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Johnny Cash. Hank Williams. Charlie Daniels.

Jacoby
28-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Listen to Ryan Adams and Wilco. They're kinda alt-country...not deep country at all. Download, buy, or steal Cold Roses by Ryan Adams, then do the same to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco. Trust me.

frodo1511
28-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Not really. Our Senior class is in love with the genre, but I can't stand it. I'll listen to it if forced to.

Liam
28-10-2005, 11:18 PM
No. Country music is the work of Satan.

Richard
29-10-2005, 12:30 AM

As opposed to the ultra-friendly Slipknot? My joke would be more funny if you actually did listen to them. I really can't remember. ;)

I like Buddy Holly. He does, I believe, have country roots. I'm also starting to like The Dixie Chicks.

I don't have a problem with country music. I think it's very soothing to listen too. As long as steer away from singing about BBQ's and their dogs.

deviljet88
29-10-2005, 02:07 AM
As opposed to the ultra-friendly Slipknot? My joke would be more funny if actually did listen to them. I really can't remember. ;)

He likes Slayer, and to many, that's Satanic work :P

Rob The BLack Douglas
29-10-2005, 02:09 AM
Johnny Cash ,Johhny Horton, and Hank Williams. Everything else pretty much sucks.

Hazzle
29-10-2005, 02:37 PM

What he said. And no Jet, Slayer isn't Satanic work. Only cretins think that. You pleb.

Veejyburger
29-10-2005, 02:41 PM
I find country music depressing!!! If ever i wanted to slit my wrists to music it would be to country.. or maybe bollywood music. that's enough to drive me to want to slit my wrists in the first place.

deviljet88
30-10-2005, 09:16 AM
What he said. And no Jet, Slayer isn't Satanic work. Only cretins think that. You pleb.
Most would consider a band that has an album called God Hates Us All, at least slightly Satanic, but whatever. Araya's a Christian, so I'll give you that point.

Liam
30-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Not Satanic. Most metal bands like Slayer take issue with strong authority figures, and the Church falls into that group. Yes, they did their share of occult-ish songs (Altar of Sacrifice comes to mind) but the vast majority of them were written when they were very young and trying to appear tough on the crowded thrash metal scene. The title of the album God Hates Us All has more to do with the sorry state of the world, I think.

Of course, you have bands like Dark Funeral, Marduk, et al, who advocate the killing of Christians. You might call that a bit Satanic, but that deviates a long way from the path of true Satanism.

Ashley
30-10-2005, 05:23 PM
I can handle quite a bit of country music. Old country is the best, but I enjoy Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley... plus he's hot, Allison Krause and Union Station, Tim McGraw (I like his older stuff), old Reba, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Dixie Chicks, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Rascal Flatts... I like some others as well

Hazzle
30-10-2005, 08:10 PM
The title of the album God Hates Us All has more to do with the sorry state of the world, I think.

Yeah, I'd agree. I used the title on my blog for a post all about religious intolerance and the abuse of authority by organised religion to brainwash the masses. I'd say the title of the album was aimed at the Christian Church (more than Christianity or "religion") and its intolerant practices which fly in the face of the values Christ himself stands for in the Bible. At least that's my theory on it.

johnnyboy
08-11-2005, 07:34 PM

Not quite the work of Satan, but bad enough...

Digital_Ice
08-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Liam, i have a message for you from Satan himself;

"Oi, stop giving me and my minions a bad name by branding us with the label of inventing country music, even we aren't that evil"

or words to that effect