26-10-2005, 02:09 PM
deleted

Jacoby
26-10-2005, 02:41 PM
But my away message!

That no one ever responds to...

Foeni
26-10-2005, 03:06 PM
This is an automatic response service. Foeni is not avaible right now. Please try again later. Thank you.

hasselbrad
26-10-2005, 03:31 PM
This is an automatic response service. Foeni is not avaible right now. Please try again later. Thank you.
:icon_rofl
Well played.

Digital_Ice
26-10-2005, 07:20 PM
i am forever using my pc, and it the most stress is put on a machine in turning it on. so my machines are never turned off. which may seem like a waste, but its doing something 98% of the time. even when im asleep their doing things.

deviljet88
27-10-2005, 06:52 AM
I need my laptop for school in the morning, so I rarely leave it on. Only leave it on overnight when I'm doing illegal activities.

Ranman
27-10-2005, 08:33 AM
I need my laptop for school in the morning, so I rarely leave it on. Only leave it on overnight when I'm doing illegal activities.

Masturbating to Bestiality?

deviljet88
27-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Masturbating to Bestiality?
Isn't illegal.

Digital_Ice
27-10-2005, 10:26 AM
yet he doesnt deny it....

and as far as i know, it is in america, so that could be why he said it (i know its illegal somewhere)

deviljet88
27-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Probably isn't here. Really, would I bother checking up on such a law? Fine, I'll deny it. Fuck you Ranman.

Hazzle
27-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Masturbating to bestiality isn't illegal. Actually fucking a horse, however, is.

My PC's on most of the time. Like Digi said, it's usually doing something.

As for my work PC, again, I leave it on. This is the way the company wants us to the leave them, we've been told to do so. Electricity isn't the concern. a) all major maintenance is done on the PCs before and after working hours. b) the computers are constantly being checked as we can't do our jobs without them c) it speeds up the process of getting on the phone in the morning. They don't like us wasting time booting up when those few minutes could mean an extra call and an extra sale.

Plus, as digi says, the most strain is put on the machine when it's booting up. If you've ever listened to your heatsink fan when booting up it starts loud and then slows down. Machines on standby are actually usually in some form of "energy saving" hibernation and so actually use less energy than booting up regularly.

Digital_Ice
27-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Machines on standby are actually usually in some form of "energy saving" hibernation and so actually use less energy than booting up regularly.

argh, power management.

the chances of a "sleeping" windows 98 box actually waking up are slim.

apoggy
27-10-2005, 09:18 PM
look at the calculator, type in 1, £46.85. Wow, I was expecting a saving of 1000's the way this has been portrayed. $46.85 to be lazy? Seems a fair price to me.

Ranman
27-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Probably isn't here. Really, would I bother checking up on such a law? Fine, I'll deny it. Fuck you Ranman.

Your an angry young man who Masturbates too much :icon_nana

Digital_Ice
28-10-2005, 12:05 AM
why does every thread jet's involved with, always ends up off topic, and talking about erections, masterbation and cocks?

Bait
28-10-2005, 06:26 AM
why does every thread jet's involved with, always ends up off topic, and talking about erections, masterbation and cocks?

jet has penis envy because its only 2 inches so its always on his mind no matter what he's doing

plus he just really loves the cock

deviljet88
28-10-2005, 11:14 AM
jet has penis envy because its only 2 inches so its always on his mind no matter what he's doing

plus he just really loves the cock
I'm going to kick ban you when I next see you on IRC, grr...

Foeni
28-10-2005, 05:17 PM

You've seen it?

Renegade
29-10-2005, 02:51 AM
And I thought this was a thread about turn-offs...*lightbulb* (thread idea)

Oh, I always leave my laptop off while I'm at school. There's been a bunch of random blackout lately in my area (about 3-4 since summer) so I try to make sure my laptop doesn't get screwed.

Jasmine
29-10-2005, 06:36 AM
That's always annoyed me. My little brother insists on leaving the computer he uses on ALL DAY so that he can have an away message up... that, like Jacoby said, no one reponds to. He also tries to leave it on all night, but since I go to bed later than he does I always shut it off before I leave.

I turn my computer off every night and usually have it running for about... an hour and a half when I'm not using it maybe. That's because I have an old computer and it takes a while to shut down and start up so it's like.. if I'm gonna be away for half an hour or so I dont feel like turning it off, waiting for the "IT IS NOW SAFE TO TURN OF YOUR COMPUTER" screen, and then having to turn it back on when I get back.

Digital_Ice
29-10-2005, 11:06 AM
i turned my pc's off for the first time in months yesterday...

...but only because something fell off the top shelf and landed squarely on the off switch of my entire rig, taking out the tv, the stereo, three pcs, a hell of an audio setup, the phone, the printers and the sky box.... not best pleased.

Veejyburger
29-10-2005, 06:21 PM
We're told to leave our PC's on at work and just log off, turning off just the monitors. Having said this i've seen my office building at 9pm on a sunday night, and 90% of the lights are still on. That pisses me off more than leaving pc's on.

deviljet88
30-10-2005, 09:11 AM
We're told to leave our PC's on at work and just log off, turning off just the monitors. Having said this i've seen my office building at 9pm on a sunday night, and 90% of the lights are still on. That pisses me off more than leaving pc's on.
Isn't that because of insurance policies and security? There was supposedly a logical reason behind it when I asked someone years ago.