PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing Help

Asudai
23-10-2005, 08:52 AM
I hated to make a new thread for this, but I couldn't find anywhere relevant to put it so anyway...

I found an old vid on my computer, and I tried to watch it but it was too dark, I can change the settings in Windows Media player but it's not permanent:mad: . Does anyone know of a video editing software (preferrably in the "Free Trial" form) that will allow me to mess with the brightness and contrast?

Any help is appreciated, no help is not appreciated at all!

Digital_Ice
23-10-2005, 08:56 AM
erm. the best video editor i know is adobe premiere.

its damned expensive though, i'll see if i can find you a trial

(and its rather complicated, but it will do what you want)

Edit: http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=98

Asudai
23-10-2005, 09:00 AM
ahhh, thanks a ton =D

after i get it edited i'll see if I can post it, it's good for a laugh.

Digital_Ice
23-10-2005, 09:04 AM
im not sure what restricitions it has (other than 30 days), so if you have any trouble pm me, and i'll see if i can edit it for you.

Asudai
23-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the help, I just hope it's not one of those things where it puts a nice big watermark on anything you save

I'll have to find out tomorrow though, it seems I put the video on a disc and hid it somewhere, and it's already 5:30am here >_< bed time lol

Asudai
23-10-2005, 06:37 PM
No its not,
but its quit complicated software to use if you don't know much about video editing. Windows xp has a standard video editing program, "movie maker" its easy to use, and i believe you can adjust the brightness in it too.

you guys weren't kidding... it is is way too complicated for what I need to do lol ><

And I don't have that windows movie maker, I used to until I reformatted, but couldn't find my original software that came with it, so now my HP thinks it's a Dell because I had to borrow a friends Startup discs lol

EDIT: mwahahaha I found the program, lol, I suppose I should look first next time!

Digital_Ice
23-10-2005, 06:40 PM
heh, i did warn you it was complicated....

Asudai
23-10-2005, 06:58 PM
then again, maybe I'm retarded ><

I couldn't do much with the other program either. after I find some place to get the video hosted I'll post the link. I got the brightness up but couldn't find anything for contrast.

UPDATE: goodtimes.wmv (http://www.zippyvideos.com/1844062521872176/goodtimes/) (if someone else would like to take a shot, I'll send the original un-edited clip)

chewwie
24-10-2005, 08:42 AM
I like using Sony Vegas 6.0 for editing, find it good! Or try AVID but that is hard to use!

Ashley
24-10-2005, 03:47 PM
It may be complicated, but once you get the hang of Premiere it's love.

Digital_Ice
24-10-2005, 06:37 PM
hell yeah, i wouldn't use anything else. Adobe have a knack for fantastic, yet overly complicated software.

Asudai
25-10-2005, 04:16 AM
very true, I love adobe, but I dont' mess with video editing a lot, so I don't really have a need to learn much with premiere. However in the future I do plan on doing something with video, and when I do, it would be adobe all the way :)

right now my passion is graphic design and also I really want to get into cgi(really really). So, if anyone knows a good way to go about that let me know =D

chewwie
25-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Go to Uni?? Lol - im into graphics etc aswell and im goin to PLymouth Uni next september to study CGI and video editing, where you also get to use Adobe etc. But i hate to ruin it all for you but the industry standard is movin from Adobe Premiere 7 to AVID and Final Cut Pro 5!