PDA

View Full Version : Tara Reid

Kelsey
03-10-2005, 07:24 PM
http://img.atpictures.com/tara/reid002.jpg
I've never really been a huge Tara Reid fan; I don't really know a lot about her. But this kind of got to me:

Blonde bombshell Tara Reid is close to breaking point after new TV show Taradise was axed by producers and other offers of work have been withdrawn. The American Pie star is distraught at the decision and has fired her publicist who Reid believes cultivated the drunken party-girl reputation she has been labeled with. In an interview with Chaunce Hayden of America's Steppin' Out magazine she was visibly strained and emotional. Gossip website PageSix.com reports her voice was cracked as she asked the journalist, "How many more years are the media going to pick on me? There's other new young bad girls. Move on to someone else! I'm just fed up. I just want a chance again. I want to show that I am an actress." The struggling star also vigorously denied reports she has a drink problem, which has been blamed for her recent weight increase. She says, "People think I am just a party girl, and it's bull. I wish the media would just tell the truth. I didn't want to look like a total party-girl drug retard. I'm not a drunk... I don't have a drinking problem. I don't have a drug problem, for sure."

On one hand, maybe this bad image she speaks of comes from things like:
http://www.celebrity-exchange.com/celebs/photos37/tara-reid.jpg
And of course this little accident didn't help her much:
http://www.timdorr.com/spyder/uploads/post-2-1100046195_thumb.jpg
but she's cute, she has the look, she has the resume, if I remember correctly, she's an okay actress (not the best, but she pulled off the teen movie thing). I think she can make a comeback.

This is kind of a random topic I know, but I'm really into the whole career management thing right now. Anyone a Tara Reid fan? What would you do to revitalize her career?

Ashley
03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
I can't believe I'm replying to this thread because I believe it condones mindless thread topics, but here's a pretty good answer I think.
1. Go kiss some ass and get a respected publicist and manager.
2. Have them beg and plead to get you an actual acting job.
3. Stay home at night for a month straight.
4. Make sure clothing is well in place.

Kelsey
03-10-2005, 07:43 PM
I can't believe I started this thread. She needs a good role if she wants to prove that she is an actress. No more "My Boss's Daughter" or that horrid Ewe Boll film (which I can't even remember the name of).

I can't think of a good role for her right now, but it should be an indie. Yeah, she should do an indie and get all new representation. I'd sign her.

Hazzle
03-10-2005, 09:19 PM
I can't believe I'm replying to this thread because I believe it condones mindless thread topics, but here's a pretty good answer I think.
1. Go kiss some ass and get a respected publicist and manager.
2. Have them beg and plead to get you an actual acting job.
3. Stay home at night for a month straight.
4. Make sure clothing is well in place.

Well, apart from number 4. I liked that lack of apparel thanks very much!

Tara Reid is gorgeous, it sucks for her, but she'll bounce back. They always do.

apoggy
03-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Bounce, lol. Unlikely with those.

Liam
03-10-2005, 10:20 PM
She comes out and says she wants the world to take her seriously, cause she is a very smart girl and all that.

Then we get pictures of her stumbling out of cars, blind drunk, followed by reports of (very obvious) breast implants. At her age, you think she would know better. I'd consider taking someone seriously (at least, if they werent a mindless hollywood drone) if they werent a hypocrite and acted their age.

Jacoby
03-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Her next step will be Hustler. Actually Hustler is a little too classy for her.

We shouldn't pity her, she had her chance. It was on more than one account that she did very stupid very unprofessional things. If she's worried about going broke or something...she shouldn't have blown threw the money she made in American Pie.

(She's obviously wronged me)

Rob The BLack Douglas
04-10-2005, 03:29 AM
Tara Reid gives us hardcore drinkers a bad rep.

I don't think she's all that great of an actress and I've never cared for her looks.

Rob

Hazzle
04-10-2005, 05:59 AM
I don't think she's all that great of an actress and I've never cared for her looks.

Meh, she's a good looking enough girl, but the implants were totally unnecessary and invariably I find fakies don't look as good anyway :p She looks worse after the surgery.

As Jacoby said, she really has had her chance, but if you ask me, she'll be back on top soon enough. A wardrobe malfunction didn't really hamper Janet Jackson's career and it's not as if her boob was that nice either ;) (Oooh, interesting question for debate, whose booby looked worse?)

Bounce, lol. Unlikely with those.

Oooh, touche.

DragonRat
04-10-2005, 07:01 AM
She's a stereotype, just like Paris Hilton and (now) Lindsay Lohan - the party-girl-actress-celebrity-blonde-with-lots-of-disposable-income-lying-around-type. Perhaps that can change, but unless she actually gets movie/TV roles and show off her acting chops (if any), the media will scrutinize her as they do anyone with a heavy party-girl reputation.

And it's not like she's a ditz (at least, I don't think). But she did sure play one to effectiveness in "Josie & The Pussycats." I mean, she looked as if that was the role she was born to play :P.

acliff
04-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Well her breasts were pretty nasty before the implants. And with the implants, she does have a more pleasing overall shape. She still looks cute.

The public view is that getting implants means that you're stupid, and shouldn't be respected. Drinking at parties, even though everyone does it, doesn't make you look particularly smart either. Also makes you seem unreliable to producers and directors.

At her age, I think most girls in the world would be doing similar things. Difference is, she's an actress, and her image is her livelihood. She's been typecast into this image which is perfect for gossip mags and tabloids, but not so good for acting parts in films. She should realise that she's never going to compete with really good actresses, and be happy with what she's got and make her money. Unless she wants to get better, at which point, acting lessons and some dedication to her craft might help.

Spire
05-10-2005, 02:43 AM
Too bad she can't act.

Renegade
05-10-2005, 08:20 AM
I'd like to see her attempt a drama. All she's done are comedies and that one "horror" film Alone in the Dark that bombed earlier this year.

If she wants to destroy her party girl image, then she shouldn't have made Taradise. Too bad for her. I think she's done but I don't know, we'll see. Surprise me Tara.

deviljet88
05-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Stick to wearing skimpy outfits.

Liam
05-10-2005, 11:24 AM
I shudder to think of what she looks like under that inch deep layer of face paint.

Rob The BLack Douglas
06-10-2005, 02:39 AM
I shudder to think of what she looks like under that inch deep layer of face paint.

Not good. She's done a lot of damage to her body.

Rob

Ashley
06-10-2005, 04:07 AM
I love Van Wilder, and Josie and the Pussycats... but Van Wilder more for Ryan Reynolds, and Josie and the Pussycats more because that movie was just funny. I think she may have some talent. She was in Mr. T and his women, the women... something like that. That was an actual "grown-up movie" for lack of a better way to put it. But her being stupid in public has overshadowed anything she could possibly do.

Although... if she did make a comeback and got some actual roles. Think of the E! True Hollywood Story, award winning. She'd be like a pheonix rising from the ashes.

Too much?

Kelsey
06-10-2005, 07:43 PM
I definitely think she can make a serious comeback. Like Ashley said, I do remember her being pretty good in Dr. T and the Women.

Richard
07-10-2005, 04:00 PM
I definitely think she can make a serious comeback. Like Ashley said, I do remember her being pretty good in Dr. T and the Women.

I remember that movie. I think it opened up with a woman giving birth... with the baby coming out and everything... and that was enough for me.

I don't remember much of the movie, though.

Kelsey
07-10-2005, 04:52 PM
I think that was the very end. That movie was...interesting. Kate Hudson and Liv Tyler were lesbians, but I would never believe Kate Hudson was a lesbian. Curious, yes, because she's all hippy and all that good stuff, but a lesbian....no. I only remember a few things about the movie.