PDA

View Full Version : Growing Closer: A Keira Robsepierre Tale PG-13(Completed)

Rob The BLack Douglas
28-09-2005, 05:57 AM
I

Actress Keira Knightley massaged the bridge of her nose wincing at the slight pain in her sinus'. It had been a long day on the set and nothing had gone well. The director was fighting with the producer, the writers were upset with the director, and the director was taking out all of his frustrations on the cast.

Despite her training, Keira found her temper growing shorter and shorter as the director made the poor unfortunate extra's redo their small crowd scene over and over.

Finally the day was over and the actors began to retire to their trailers while the crews began to prep for tomorrow's scene. Keira could hear the angry mutterings of the crew as they vented their frustrations.

Keira smiled to herself as she headed towards the cast parking lot. A couple of dinner invitations were shouted out but Keira begged off having to make an appointment.

Keira pulled her rental car out of the parking lot and headed off into the night.

Robespierre twisted his torso feeling the tense muscles of his body protesting the stretching motion. His joints throbbed with the familiar ache of having been standing on his feet all day. A couple of regular customers headed out the door called out garbled goodbyes.

"Anything special on the menu tonight?"

Robespierre turned t oface the source of the sensous British accent. His face lit up in a grin from ear to ear.

Keira smiled warmly and slightly co cked her head to trhe left.

"Cook's choice?" asked Robespierre as he placed a mug of Jasmine white tea before Keira.

"Alway's" Keira eased her frame onto the stool at the counter and sipped at the steaming mug of tea. The delicate flavors slightly sweet and perfumed with jasmine were refreshing and Keira felt the tension from the day to begin to slowly melt away.

At the grill Robespierre quickly whipped up a plate of stirfry, the vegetables fresh and crisp with thin slivers of marinated beef dished over a bed of brown rice.

With gusto and a hunger she hadn't realized Keira dug into the plate of food occassionally making sounds of joy as the food rapidly disappeared.

The diner was empty except for Robespierre and Keira. After clearing her plate Robespierre poured them both a small whisky from his flask and joined Keira at the counter.

"How was your day?" Roespierre tasted the whisky and added a splash of water to his glass.

"Rough. It seems t obe falling apart their so much fighting and back biting going on behind the scenes." Keira sighed and rubbed her temples.

"when was the last time you had a break?"

Keira grimaced. "When Jamie and I spent a few days swimming in the caribbean."

Robespierre's mouth formed an oh.

"It's ok, I've come to grips that things will never be good between us again," Keira reached up and wiped the corner of her eye and sniffed.

Robespierre frowned and tapped his fingers against his lips deep in thought.

"when is your next break from shooting?"

Keira looked up startled.

"Uhm, Sunday, two days from now why?"

Robespierre smiled.

"Good, I have a plan. Meet me here at eight in the morning."

To Be Continued...........

Rob The BLack Douglas
28-09-2005, 06:02 AM
II

Sunday arrived sooner than Keira had expected. Keira could not believe how nervous she was as she stepped from the shower and began to vigoursly rub her body as she toweled herself dry.

Not sure how she shouls dress Keira went with a pair of pants that flattered her slim frame and a t-shirt that had "Sex Machine" printed on it in sparkly letters.

Robespierre was sitting at the counter of the diner as Keira pulled up in he rental car. It was a gorgeous morning, a slight breeze off the ocean and the temperature was just right.

Robespierre grinned as Keira walked in. She blushed as he stood and took her by the arm.

"Ready?"

"Uhm yeah I guess so. What are we doing?"

You'll see, come on."

Robespierre led Keira to his truck and held open the passenger door for her. Keira murmured a thanks. Robespierre hopped in a nd fired u pthe engine. With a roar the truck pulled out of the parking lot and shot down the road.

The throaty rumble of the engine and exhaust drowned out the hustle and bustle of the streets. Robespierre was silent for several minutes as he drove down the highway.

"So how has life been treating you?" he finally asks as he pulls into the freeway onramp gunning the motor and shooting out into traffic.

Keira held tight to the handle above the passenger door unuse t the way most Americans drove.

"Well work has kept me fully occupied, I try not to think about anything else,' gasped Keira as Robespierre swerved to avoid an idiot in a BMW who flew across all six lanes off traffic trying not to miss his exit.

A string of creative curses flew from Robespierre's lips and the two finger salute was raised in the idiot's general direction.

"They say time heals all wounds but I'm not to sure of that," replied Robespierre as he signalled as lane change and exited the freeway.

"So what do you have planned?" asked Keira unable t oresist anymore.

"You'll see in a moment. " Robespierre grinned and chuckled.

Keira frowned briefly but just leaned back in the seat.

The rest of the trip was quiet until Robespierre pulled into a massive parking lot. In the distance Keira could see a a small castle and several windmills. A large waterfall partially hid the entrance to a cave.

"What is this?" said Keira as Robespierre held open the passenger door for her.

"Minature Golf." Robespierre smiled broadly as Keira looked at him blankly.

To Be Continued..............

Rob The BLack Douglas
28-09-2005, 06:05 AM
III

"What is miniature golf?" asked Keira as I paid for the two of us and handed her a putter.

Robespierre grinned. "Come on, I'll show ya."

"Like regular golf you have to try and get your ball in the hole in the fewest strokes possible. But unlike regular golf, the course is a lot more fun. Here watch."

Robespierre lined up his golf ball and aimed for the center of the bridge that crossed the water and led to the far side were the hole was located. Robespierre gently tapped the ball sending it forword. The ball it a bump and veered to the left before rolling to a stop before an ugly plastic flamingo.

Keira looked at Robespierre and grimaced slightly as she lined up her ball. With a sharp crack the ball went shooting out over the bridge, bounced off the fake rock wall and rolled to the edge of the hole.

Keira arched her left eyebrow as Robespierre just stood there shaking his head.

"Are you sure you 've never played before?"

"Keira smiled her face all lit up. "Why? Worried about being beaten by a girl?"

"Oh so it's like that is it?"

For two hours Keira and Robespierre challenged and harrassed each other as they did everything they could to spoil the others shot. Their laughter was constant and infectious. All around them could not help but be caught up in the fun they were obviously having.

Robespierre held his breath as Keira lined up her shot. If she missed he won, if not well ,he didn't want to think about that. Gently Keira tapped the bowl which rolled slowly to the edge of the cup and wobbled. Wit h agonizing slowness the ball tipped in.

Keira dropped her putter and ran over to Robespierre throwing her arms around him.

"Sorry to have beaten you," grinned Keira.

"Well you know, beginners luck," grumbled Robespierre though he couldn't hide the smile on his face.

"So, what do I win?" Keira asked seductively.

"Whatever you want."

To Be Continued..............

Rob The BLack Douglas
28-09-2005, 06:08 AM
IV

Keira smiled up at me, leaned in and whispered, "I'm starving, how about you fix me some killer food."

Robspierre pouted for a moment then broke out laughing. "You're the boss, grab the putter and let's go."

Robespierre held the passenger door open for Keira and helped her into the truck. Windows down, Damien Rice on the stereo, Robespierre pulled out of the parking lot and headed towards his apartment.

"It's not much, but there's only me," Robespierre said as he opened the apartment door. Keira did not know what to think. She had seen some bachelor pads where one needed to wear a hazmat suit and get a series of shots after.

The apartment was small. A wooden table filled one corner and nice if somewhat worn. Against one wall was a tv and a stereo and several racks of movies. Another wall was totally filled with a massive bookcase crammed full of books.

"Go ahead, look around," Robespierre said as he entered the tiny kitchen grabbing an apron and opening the fridge.

Keira walked over to the bookshelf and began to browse through the titles. Lots of old science fiction, historical fiction, history books on Scotland, and lots of the classic philospher's. Not a single populist writer in the stack.

From the kitchen the sound of something sizzling could be heard. The scent of fresh garlic and herbs filled the apartment. Keira's mouth began to water.

Keira walked over to the thingyer to watch Robespierre work. A large skillet with alive iol and garlic and herbs was on the stove heating. A bowl of cold noodles was sitting on the counter and Robespierre was rapidly dicing fresh bell pepper and onion.

With a a little bit of showmanship, Robespierre splashed some wine in the skillet causing a small flare up and quickly added the noodles and vegetables tossing them rapidly in the skillet with one hand.

With a twist of his wrist, Robespierre slid the pasta onto two plates and grabbed a bowl of salad and a bottle of wine. "It's nice by the window this time of day, Robespierre said indicating two chairs by the big sliding window.

Robespierre placed the food on the small coffee table and handed Keira an empty wine glass. He poured her a generous glass and set the bottle aside.

"Enjoy," he said indicating the plates.

To Be Continued................

Rob The BLack Douglas
28-09-2005, 06:11 AM
V

Keira dug into the pasta with gusto, murmuring pleasing noises as the various flavors exploded in her mouth. With amazing speed Keira finished all the food on her plate while Robespierre sat back sipping at his wine and smiling.

"I'm glad you like it," Robespierre said as he refilled Keira's glass for her. " I don't know what i wouls of done if you hated it, probably thrown myself from the window."

Keira looked up suddenly her face filled with shock. Robespierre smiled. "I'm kidding, I couldn't do that."

"That is not funny, I'l lhave to find another cook and break them in. You were a big enough pain in the arse as it was."

Feigning anger Robespierre's eyes went wide. "Me? A pain in the arse? I don't think so!"

Keira shook her head trying to supress her laughter. Robespierre grabbed the bottle of wine from in front of her and began t opull it away. Keira reached out and grabbed it trying to stop him.

"No, just one more glass!" cried Keira.

Robespierre loosened his grip on the bottle and watched as Keira poured the last of the wine into her glass.

"A toast to a wonderful cook, but even more importantly, a swell bloke who helped me out when I needed it." Keira blew Robespierre a kiss and smiled warmly at him.

FIN

Rob The BLack Douglas
28-09-2005, 06:14 AM
GROWING CLOSER PART II CH.1

I

Keira Knightley cursed under her breath as the director called cut. For the tenth time that day something had gone wrong. The movie shoot was already two weeks behind schedule and everyone was starting to feel the preasure from the studio execs.

To make matters even worse, Keira was certain that one of the extra's was copping feels during the takes, she wasn't sure exactly which extra it was but she had narrowed it down to a group of three teenage boys who were always joking and messing around and quickly turning away whenever she glared at them.

Keira breathed a sigh of relief when a break was called for lunch. She grabbed a bottled water and started to head towards her trailer. Just then the whole stage rupted in wolf whistles and cat calls. Keira face broke out in a massive smile. That cold only mean one thing, Robespierre had shown up.

Keira had never known anyone who loved the attention and general confusion that thet generated like Robespierre. Keira turned around and followed the noise. She found Robespierre, the center of attention among the crew as usual, chatting up the folks who ran the lighting.

Even though this wasn't his first visit to the set, he never failed to generate excitement. Keira quietly snuck up behind Robespierre and with a mischievious grin on her lips, grabbed a handful of pleats and flipped them up.

Robespierre spun about a look of shock on his face until he saw Keira standing there laughing. Robespierre shook his head and tried to look menacing and upset but failed. All he could do was shake his finger at Keira who playfully tried to bite it.

"Settle down," growled Robespierre as he held a small basket at arms length. "I made lunch, but I can share with these folks instead," Robespierre indicated the lighting crew.

Keira lowered her chin and slightly stuck out her lower lip in a pout that was so hot that Robespierre's jaw dropped.

"Fine, I won't share with them, " sighed Robespierre as he lowered the basket and took Keira by the hand. "Sorry, maybe next time," winked Robespierre to the lighting crew as he and Keira headed towards her trailer.

As the two walked across the sound stage Keira saw the group of boys hanging about and eyeing her and Robespierre.

"Oh, boy," thought Keira. "There better not be trouble."

One of the boys straightened himself up and after pulling his pants up began to swagger towards Robepierre and Keira. Keira looked to Robepierre and saw thaat the usual warmth of his eyes had gone hard and cold.

"So dude," said the boy, his voice shrill and high," Don't yo know your not wearing pants?"

Robepierre winked at Keira and did a double take looking down at his legs.

"Holly Sh*t! You're right! No wonder I feel a breeze on me arse!" THe boy and his mates started to laugh until they saw the look on Robepierre's face.

"We're just joshing with you man, it's not everyday you see a dude in a dress." At this the boys mates started to sblack person.

Robespierre held open his hands and shook his head. "Yep, that is something you don't see every day, when you do let me know."

This confused look came over the three boys. "Uhm, but dude, you're the one wearing the dress."

"I am?" Robespierre looks to Keira who covers her mouth to hide her smile.

"And here I thought I was wearing a kilt"

"Looks like a skirt to me dude," grinned one of the boys making them all break out in laughter.

"That maybe so, but," and Robepierre leans in real close to the ringleader. "Look who I'm having lunch with while your acting the bloody wanker with your mates." Robespierre grins and takes Keira's hand and the two begin to walk away.

Dumbfounded the three boys just stare as Robespierre wraps his arm around Keira's waist as they walk around the corner.

To Be Continued...............

Rob The BLack Douglas
28-09-2005, 06:16 AM
II

Keira groaned at the sound of the bell signalling the end of lunch. "I hope the director has is act together and gets this scene over with." Keira couldn't hide the disgust in her voice.

"What's the matter?" Concerned leaked from Robsepierre's voice his eyes wide with curiosity.

"Well," Keira closed her lips tight unsure of what to say. "Well, you know those three guys from earlier? Well they are in the crowd scene that is taking for ever to shoot, and I'm sure that at least one of them has been grabbing my arse during the scene."

Robespierre's eyebrows shot up. "Are you sure?"

Keira shook her head. "Not totally, but those three were the only ones near me the entire time."

Robespierre leaned back in his chair, his fingers absently playing with his lips as he thought for a bit.

"You want me to start another confrontation with them?"

"What good will that do?"

Robespierre grinned and reached into his sporran and removed his cell phone. "I have a secret weapon."

Finally after much shouting and an ever escalating scale of threats, everyone was finally in position to once more try to reshoot the crowd scene.

Robespierre grinned at Keira and gave her a wink as he stepped away from the director. The all clear rang and the director called action!

All the extra's began to move about and mingle as if in crowd. Robespierre swaggered onto the scene the sway of his pleats whooshing from side to side. Some of the extra's turned to stare only to crash into another extra or the various props about the stage.

Robespierre ignored them as he made a direct line towards the ringleader of the obnoxious boys. Without missing a step Robespierre plowed into the boy throwing his shoulder hard and sending the startled lad tumbling to the ground.

"Watch were you're going you f****ng fa***t!" the boy shouted as Robespierre stood above him grinning e a crazy bastard.

Al lthe extra's waited for the director to shout cut, but he didn't. Dazed they all went back to their roles.

"Oops, my bad," smirked Robespierre. "Why don't you pay attention to what you are suppose to be doing."

"I'm not going to let some crossdressing co**sucker talk to me that way!" The boy jumped to his feet his fists balled up his face flushed with anger.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." The boy spun about and his eyes grew wide with shock.

Robespierre grinned and strode up to Keifer Sutherland. "Both were wearing kilts of the same tartan and both were extremely pissed off.

"You mess with one Douglas, you mess with all of them," growled Keifer.

A large wet stain grew upon the front of the boys pants and he turned and sprinted off the stage quickly followed by his two friends. Robespierre and Keifer waited a moment before they broke out in laughter.

"Thanks for showing u pcousin," gasped Robespierre between laughs.

"No problem, always glad to help out my clansman." Keifer extended his hand and the two shook.

Keira stood staring at the scene with amazement. She walked up to Robespierre and whispered in his ear.

"Are you really Keifer's cousin?"

"Kind of. Were both Douglas' and if I recall correctly were something like forth cousind ten times removed or some such."

"Then how were you able to get him to show up?"

"Family is family no matter how distant." Robespierre grinned and kissed Keira on the cheek. "I'll see you around."

Fin

Rob The BLack Douglas
28-09-2005, 06:19 AM
GROWING CLOSER PART III CH. 1

I

Keira Knightley's fingers danced across her lips as she concentrated. Her left eyebrow kept arching upward and finally Robespierre broke out laughing.

"What's so bloody funny?" demanded Keira staring at Robespierre.

"THe way your eyebrow keeps shooting up when you think of something, it's quite sexy." Robespierre leaned in and took Keira's hand in his.

"Sexy? Well then why are you laughing?"

Robespierre took Keira's hand in his. Keira pulled it out and shook her finger at him.

"No way I'm letting you distract me." Keira tried to glare at Robespierre but it was no use, she broke out in a fit of girlish giggles, her face all lit up with a huge jaw dropping smile.

Robespierre grabbed Keira by the waist causing her to shriek as he began to tickle her. As the two struggled all was forgotton for that moment except for two people caught up in a moment of fun.

Finally out of breath and gasping the two collapsed on the couch their faces flushed and breathing hard.

"You know I head back to England in three days," Keira said softly as she looked out Robespierre's apartment window.

"I know," Robespierre said his voice flat.

"We have each others cell phone numbers, we can call."

"That we can."

"You ok Rob?"

For the last couple of weeks Keira had taken to calling RObespierre Rob, a sign of familiarity.

"I'm not sure, things have been so wonderful for the last several weeks. I find myself dreading the coming days without your presence."

Keira sat up and stared at Robespierre. "Really? You really mean that?"

Robespierre was quiet as he stared up at the ceiling/

"Yes I do."

"Oh Rob!" Keira wrappd her arms around Robespierre hugging him tight and planting a kiss on his cheek. "That really means a lot to me!"

Robespierre grinned, his smile brightening up the darkness clouding his face.

"It's the truth, I don't know if I could handle being seperated from you."

"I'll be back i promise," whispered Keira in Robespierre's ear before standing and reaching for her light jacket.

Robespierre stood and held open his door for Keira.

"Before you go, you need to stop by and have one more meal on me."

Keira's face lit up.

"I'll definately do that, your cooking beats English food by a mile! See ya!" Keira waved goodbye as she opened the door to her rental. RObespierre stood in the door watching until she had driven beyond his sight.

Emptyness filled Robespierre as he washed the dish's from dinner and slowly dried them with a towel. Despite feeling tired Robespierre lay in bed wide awake his mind churning over and over the events from the last several weeks from meeting Keira t othe confrontation with Jamie Dornan to all the fun times they had.

"Get over it you fool," muttered Robespierre as he rolled onto his side, "She's ready to move on."

To Be Continued......................

Rob The BLack Douglas
28-09-2005, 06:23 AM
Keira Knightley as she paused in her packing for her flight back to England. Something deep within her stomach was all knotted and twisted. In two days she would be on a plane and returning home, but what was home?

For years Keira had been traveling between various exotic locals as she did her job as an actress. But today was the first time that she did not feel overjoyed to be returning to England.

With a despondent sigh Keira zipped shut her last suitcase and sat it down upon the floor.

Robespierre threw his spatula down hard upon the grill and let loose with stream of curses that made all present stare in disbelief at the normally calm cook.

Robespierre untied his apron and stomped towards the shift manager his eyes full of anger. The shift manager tried to sink down in his chair as the angry Robespierre shoved his finger in the shift managers chest.

"Time to get off your bloody arse and help out," growled Robespierre. "I don't give a sh it what you think your job is. There's no waitstaff because of your f***up. Now get out there and take care of the customers.

Robespierre spun around and went back to his grill. Robespierre took his knife in one hand and the sharpener in the other and with strokes so fast that the steel of the blade was a blur quickly sharpened his knife and went back to work.

Keira Knightley opened the door of the diner and peered in. A part of her hoped that Robespierre was not there but an even larger part of her hoped that he was.

When Robespierre caught sight of Keira his face lit up a warm smile filling his face replacing the dour scowl that he had been wearing.

Keira smiled as she took a seat at the counter. Robespierre set a cup of Asian Jasmine White Tea before her.

"Hungry?" he asked still smiling.

"I'm at the mercy of the cook," grinned Keira as she sipped from her cup of tea.

Robespierre turned back to the grill and began to assemble some concoction that Keira had no idea of what it was. In no time a plate of something was placed before her and Keira's mouth began to water as the tantalizing smells made her stomach growl.

"Dig in," whispered Robespierre.

In no time Keira had cleaned her plate of food and actually contemplated licking it clean of every last delicious bite.

"That was unbelievable," Keira murmured. "What do yo call it?" Keira's wide eyes looked up expectantly at Robespierre.

"Sorry love, cook's secret." Robespierre grinned as he took a cup of tea for himself and sat next to Keira at the counter.

"So you all ready to fly back to England?"

Keira stared into her cup of tea for a moment. "I'm all packed," she murmured.

Robespierre frowned at the tone of Keira's voice.

"Is everything ok?"

Before Keira could respond the shift manager stomped up and grabbed hold of Robespierre's shoulder spinning him around.

"What the hell do you think your doing?" hissed the shift manager.

I"m taking my break." growled Robespierre turning his back to Keira.

"You get back behind that grill or your fired."

The customers in the dinner went silent, Robespierre had been a constant fixture at the diner for several years.

Robespierre stood and stared down the weasel looking shift manager. "Fine I'm fired, good luck handling it by yourself." Robespierre gently took Keira's hand and led her away from the counter and out of the diner.

"What are you going to do now Rob?" Keira said the concern she felt spilling out with her words.

"I'll manage, I always do," replied Robespierre as he held open the door of Keira's rental for her.

"Uhm," began Keira her teeth biting her lower lip as she sheepishly looked up at Robespierre.

"Well If you want, you could come to England with me."

Robespierre stared at Keira totally shocked.

"What did you say?"

"If you want, you can come to England with me."

"You're joking," said Robespierre

"No I'm not. I could use someone with your talents, not just in the kitchen but with my work." Keira held her breath for what seemed like an eternity.

Robespierre thought long and hard.

"Ok, I'll give it a go."

Keira let out a squeel of joy and wrapped her arms about Robespierre.

"This is is one decision you won't regret."

Fin