PDA

View Full Version : You know any Danish soccer players?

Foeni
27-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Just curious. Name those you know. The British soccer fans should know a couple. Especially the Man U fans.

apoggy
27-09-2005, 03:41 PM
United don't have any Danish players at the moment to my knowledge, though I expect you are referring to the now retired Peter Schmeichel.

Dennis Rommedahl springs to mind at Charlton, and of course Jon Dahl Tomasson

I cant be bothered thinking of anything else

[EDIT]We do have a reserve team player named Mads Timm, currently out on loan at a Danish club I believe, he was in prison last year for driving offenses if I'm not mistaken.

Foeni
27-09-2005, 08:39 PM
United don't have any Danish players at the moment to my knowledge, though I expect you are referring to the now retired Peter Schmeichel.
True. He was great at his best.
Dennis Rommedahl springs to mind at Charlton, and of course Jon Dahl Tomasson
True. But Rommedahl sucks at pretty much anything but running really fast.

[EDIT]We do have a reserve team player named Mads Timm, currently out on loan at a Danish club I believe, he was in prison last year for driving offenses if I'm not mistaken.
Heard that as well. But he is Danish.

apoggy
27-09-2005, 09:26 PM
i know he is Danish.....

Hazzle
27-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Thomas Graveson (Real Madrid)
Martin Laursen (Villa)
Thomas Helveg (Last seen at Norwich, I think he went to Germany)
Martin Jorgenson (Last seen at Udinese I believe)
Thomas Sorenson (Also at Villa)
Ebbe Sand (Plays for Shalke I think)
Jan Heinze (Although I think he retired recently)
Michael Laudrup (Now managing)
Brian Laudrup (Rangers legend)

Those are all I can think of right now. Good ones I mean :p

Foeni
28-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Apoggy, I was just confirming what you said.
Hazzle, Heinze retired several years ago (as far as I know), but he was good. And Michael Laudrup is coach of my favourite Danish team, BIF. Thomas Sorensen is our National Team goalkeeper, in fact all of them but the Laudrups and Heinze are playing for the national team (don't know the right word for it).

Hazzle
28-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Did you want us to name players NOT in the national team?

You're right, Heinze retired from international football after the last World Cup. Game against England was his last for his country. I'm sure he retired from club football not much longer after as he was like...35.

Foeni
28-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Did you want us to name players NOT in the national team?

No, not really. I just mentioned that they were national team players. I'm amazed you know so many Danish soccer players. You are a big soccer fan?
About M. Laudrup, I think he's one of the best Danish players we've ever seen. And his oldest son is playing too, also going pro.

Hazzle
28-09-2005, 07:30 PM
I do, I love football. And I always rated Michael Laudrup as the best Danish player ever, imho better than his brother.

Some more:

Per Kroldrup (Plays for Udinese, I believe Everton were keen though)
Christian Poulsen (Shalke I believe)
Jesper Gronkjaer (VFB Stuttgart)
Niclas Jensen (Fulham)
Claus Jensen (Fulham)
Kenneth Perez (plays in Holland somewhere)
Daniel Jensen (Bremen)
Soren Larsen (also Shalke)

A lot of them play in Germany I notice. Incidentally I now hear Helveg's at Moenchengladbach (I knew he'd gone to Germany), and Jorgensen now plays for Fiorentina? So I hear anyway, not sure if it's true.

Foeni
28-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Yes, I also hold Michael in higher regard as a football player than Brian. But as a person I see Michael as being a little arrogant.

I'm beginning to wonder who of us can name the most Danish players :(

Hazzle
28-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Hehe. I know the Danish national side well, we did just lose to them ;)

We seem to play Denmark a lot and a lot of the best Danish players played either in England or for great clubs so they've come to my attention.

Foeni
28-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Beating England is always a pleasure. Especially since you have the superiour team (normally).

Hazzle
28-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Beating England is always a pleasure. Especially since you have the superiour team (normally).

We had a better team last time out too. We just didn't play like it.

apoggy
28-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Let's play a better game, name all the Iranian players you can, without using Champ Manager haz ;)

Hazzle
29-09-2005, 05:58 AM
I didn't!

Mahdahvikia (I have no idea where he plays now, I think he played in Italy for a short while but has gone back to Germany. Quick)
Ali Daei (same. I think they both play in Germany)
Azizi
Abedzadeh (or Abedzadieh, I forget)

That's my lot.