PDA

View Full Version : In the Beginning (PG-13 completed)

Rob The BLack Douglas
27-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Keira Knightley wiped the tears from her eyes as she trudged down the street, head hanging low oblivious to the pedestrians around her as she aimlessly pushed her way through the crowds.

Keira hurt like she had never hurt before. After years of a steady relationship with Jamie Dornan, the couple had split, and not in a friendly manner. As much as she hated to admit it, their relationship had been going downhill for some time.

At first it was tiny things that set off the arguements, one wanting to go out while the other stays in, what to wear to red carpet premieres, what to buy. But over time things grew steadily worse.

As a male model, Jamie was just one of several hundred, all near the same age, and all very similiar in appearance. As it goes in the fashion world, tastes change and suddenly Jamie found himself getting less and less work while Keira continued to make movies and do the occasional photo shoot. Jamies star was eclipsing while Keira continued to rise in popularity.

This led to growing resentment on Jamies part and finally this morning over a simple breakfast in the hotel room they were sharing. Jamie's temper has been extremely short for several months know and Keira casually mentioned that she was signing a one year contract to model for some up and coming designer out of New York City.

Jamie blew his top. "What the bloody hell do you think your doing!" he rambled in his Irish brougue, words thick and filled with anger.

Keira stared at Jamie in disbelief. "I don't understand Jamie," Keira started to say but to only be cutoff.

"Hw do you think I feel being the one in this relationship who has to be supported? It's bloody embarrassing I tell you!'

"What am I suppose to do?" cried Keira. "I can't stop working. Who knows when my career could be over. I'm doing all the work that I can and putting away for when the day comes when I no longer get the high paying jobs." Keira was on the verge of tears as she sat at the table staring up at Jamie as he angrily paced back and forth, his features all twisted and red, his breathing harsh and ragged.

"Keira, I've always wanted to be the one who supported you. And I'm embarrassed that I appear to be a cuckold who is just a plaything to be discarded."

Anger filled Keira. " A cuckold? Is that what you think this relationship is? What happened to you Jamie? I shared my heart and soul with you. I shared my bed with you. How dare you talk to me that way. I love you Jamie, why else would I be in a relationship with you?"

Jamie sighed and peered down at Keira. "I don't know why I'm with you at the moment," he finally said after a long pause. "Something changed. And I don't see this working."

"What changed Jamie, please tell me, I need to know," cried Keira standing and reaching out to Jamie who pulled away from her.

"Keira I can't do this anymore," whispered Jamie. "I want to be known for being me, not for being the one on your arm."

"But Jamie,...." Jamie cut Keira off. "I can't do it!" he shouted knocking the carafe of orange juice off the table splashing Keira and the rooms furniture. "Don't you get? This, us, isn't working anymore!" Jamies voice rose in pitch as his fist hammered the table.

Wiping juice from her face Keira stepped around the tabl and held out her arms to Jamie. With a snort of disgust he shoved her hard sending Keira sprawling against the the large overstuffed chair in the room.

Tears flowed down Keira's cheeks as she slowly rose to her feet. "If that's the way you want it Jamie, so be it." Sniffling Keira grabbed her leather jacket wrapping it protectively around her and fled from the hotel room leaving a fuming and slightly befuddled Jamie Dornan behind.

To be continued...........

Rob The BLack Douglas
27-09-2005, 03:06 AM
II

Keira had no idea where she was going, and she didn't care. After what happened in the hotel room, nothing she did would matter. All those years together and how after what they had been through as a couple could Jamie turn into such a rat bastard and rant at her?

The morning turned to noon and the afternoon sun eventually began to sink in the west over the water. Keira looked around and much to her dismay she had no clue where she was. She had no cell phone, afew bills and her I.D.

It was then her stomach spoke up rumbling loudly reminding Keira that she had not eaten more than a few bites at breakfast before she had fled. Keira looked around and spotted a corner diner that didn't look like a rundown roadhouse.

Sighing Keira eased herself into a stool at the counter. The diner was quiet, only one other eating a bowl of soup while they read the paper in a booth in the back. There wasn't a waitress' , just the cook, slightly scowling as he put the finishing touch's on a to go order.

"Bloody bastards always changing things up," Keira heard him mutter as he deftly wrapped the order and slid it into a paper bag. He slid the bag down thecounter and turned to Keira.

"Evening, what can I get you?" His voice was warm like fine scotch, a slight grin twisting at the edges of his lips as he gently placed a glass of water and a menu before Keira.

"Uhm, I'll have coffee, to start," murmured Keira as she opened the menu.

"No tea? I happen to have a lovely Asian Jasmine White if your interested."

Keira looked up startled. "Exscuse me?"

"Tea, I have really good tea if you want, hell of a lot better than coffee." The cook sat two mugs on the counter and added hot water to them.

"That would, uhm, be nice, thank you." Keira stared at the cook puzzled by his behavior.

"Here you go," The cook smiled as he sat the steaming mug of tea before Keira as he sipped from his own mug.

Keira carefully sipped from her mug and savored the delicate flavors of the white tea.

"Wow, that's good," she said after draining half the mug.

"GLad you like it. The names Robespierre by the way," the cook held out his left hand and Keira was startled to see what looked like a massive burn running up it.

"Don't worry, it's just my birthmark." The cook grinned as Keira took his hand in hers and shook.

"Mines Keira," replied Keira as she regained her composure.

"I know, I recognized you when you walked in. So how about something to eat?"

"Oh, I'm not sure ,I left without much money earlier," admitted Keira sheepishly.

"Don't worry ,I'll fix you up." Robspierre smiled warmly as he spun around and grabbed hold of his knife and began to slice fresh vegetables with a speed and skill Keira had never seen. It was then that Keira noticed something. Robespierre was not wearing pants, in fact Keira was certain that those were pleats wrapping around his backside.

In next to no time Keira was digging into a fresh vegetable omelete that tasted heavenly. As she ate Robespierre went about his business of running the diner, filling orders and keeping everything clean.

When she felt she could no longer eat another bite, Keira pushed the plate away and rubbed her full belly while making happy noises.

"I haven't eaten anything that good in a long time," grinned Keira as Robepierre set another mug of tea before her.

"Why thank you," Robespierre came from around the counter and sat in the stool next to Keira. As he was seating himself Keira realized that he was wearing a kilt, but it wasn't a traditional wool tartan.

Robespierre noticed her staring and smiled. "Yes, its a kilt, a hell of a lot more comfortable than wearing pants behind the grill."

Keira's mouth made a little O of surprise, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare," she stammered her cheeks turning red.

"Don't worry, I'm use to it." Robespierre stretched his legs and sighed. "So if you don't mind me being a nosy bugger, what the hell brings you here?" There was genuine curiosity and surprise in his voice.

Keira opened her mouth and then closed it. What was she doing here? Robespierre noticed Keira's hesitation and reached into the pouch hanging at his hip and pulled out a metal flask.

"Want a drink?" he asked as he poured out to a fingers worth in Keira's empty water glass.

"Thank you," she murmured as she drain the alcohol in one gulp. Robespierre poured her another before pouring himself one and placing the flask back in his pouch.

"You don't have to say anything if you don't want," murmured Robespierre as walked over and turned the sign closing the diner.

Keira stared at the golden whisky in her glass as Rbespierre went about closing up the diner.

"My boyfriend and I had a fight and after exchanging words He told me it was over and I stormed out." Keira burst into tears her head buried in her hands. Robespierre sat down next to Keira and handed her a hanky.

Keira blew her nose and mumbled a thanks as she wiped her tears. "I can't believe I never saw it coming."

"We only see the things we want to see, and some try harder than others to make things work. But it's more than that isn't it. Just a stab in the dark, but I take it the two of you have been in a relationship for quite awhile and you were comfortable but, then the fighting started, little things at first, but that really wasn't the problem. No, your boyfriend was becoming jealous over the success of your career and maybe his career was starting to dry up?"

Keira looked at Robespierre with surprise and disbelief. Robespierre grinned at her and finished his whisky.

"I use to be a bartender," I've gotten good at reading people.

To be continued.......

Rob The BLack Douglas
27-09-2005, 03:08 AM
Keira just stared at Robespierre. He grinned and took the empty glass from her hand.

"Don't worry, I won't say anything." Robespierre quickly washed the glass and set aside to dry before turning back to face Keira.

"Do you have anywhere to go?"

Keira looked startled as the weight of the question slowly sunk in dispair darkening the lovely features of her face.

"I, uhm, oh shi*!" cried out Keira as she realized that all of her clothes were still in the room she had been sharing with Jamie. "I'm such a bloody fool," she murmured fresh tears slowly rolling down her cheeks.

"Now, now, don't cry. I can take you anywhere you need or want to go to," said Robespierre softly as he handed a Keira a fresh hanky.

Keira looked at Robespierre who was simply smiling, his eyes twinkling lightly in the horrid industrial light of the diner.

"Why are you doing all of this," Keira swept her arm about the diner. "Feeding me, listening to me act the bloody fool, why?"

Robespierre shook his head. "Because I can," he said simply. "What other reasons are there?"

"You really mean that? Just because?" Keira had a baffled expression on her face.

Robespierre laughed. "Of course I do, don't be so cynical. If you want I can call a cab for you if you want."

"I don't have much money," began Keira only to have Robespierre cut her off.

"Money's not a problem, your in a bad situation and I'm willing to help you any way you will let me." Robespierre leaned back against the counter.

"I need to get my things from the hotel room, but I don't want to confront Jamie."

A broad grin broke out over Robespierre's face. "Lets' go."

To be continued..........

Rob The BLack Douglas
27-09-2005, 03:11 AM
'What do you mean go? GO where?" Keira was confused and she wasn't sure of what was exactly going on.

Robespierre grabbed her y the hand pulling her from the stool and practically dragging her towards the back exit of the diner.

"We're going to get your stuff," replied Robespierre as he shut off the lights and locked the door.

'But what about Jamie? What if he's in the room?" said Keira as Robespierre unlocked the passenger door of his truck and held open the door for Keira.

"Don't you worry, I doubt Jamie will really want to make a scene, no matter what he'll be the one who comes out looking like a bloody thingy." Robespierre grinned as he started the truck and pulled out of the back alley the deep rumble of the exhaust a throaty howl in the fuzzy glow of the southern California night.

Keira watched with amazement as Robespierre swaggered down the hallway of the floor with the room she use to share with Jamie Dornan pass key in hand. There was a spring in his step and his face was all aglow a massive grin plastered across his features as he called out greetings to those who stared at the crazy scot walking down the hall. Besides Keira had to admit that there was something hypnotic and sexy about the way the pleats of the kilt swayed from side to side as Robespierre walked.

Robespierre stopped before the door of the hotel room and opened it and quietly slipped inside. After several tense moments he stuck his head out and flashed Keira a grin and a big thumbs up.

Quickly Keira ran down the hallway and slid passed Robespierre as he held the door open for her. "I'll grab the suitcases while you grab yourstuff. Just take what can't be replaced easily," said Robespierre reaching into a closet and tossing out what was obviously Jamie's belongings.

Keira opened the other closet and began grabbing handfull's of clothes and tossing them on the bed. Robespierre dissapeared into the bathroom and Keira could here various items being tossed into a bag.

What the HELL is going on?"

Keira turned to see Jamie standing at the front of the hotel room pass key in hand his face a mass of rage and confusion.

"I'm just getting my stuff Jamie ,give me a minute and I'll be gone," said Keira as she zipped shut the last of her suitcases.

"Ready?" asked Robespierre as he stepped from the bathroom small carrycase in hand.

"Who the hell are you!" shouted Jamie now completely confused his mind unable to grasp the implications of the situation.

Robespierre ignored Jamie as he strode over to the bed and took hold of Keira's suitcases. "Let's go."

Jamie stood in the short narrow entryway that led to the hotel hallwat blocking it.

"I don't know who you think you are but your not taking her with you."

Robespierre dropped the suitcases with a loud thunk on the floor his left hand shooting out grabbing the front of Jamies shirt lifting him slightly off the floor. When he spoke there was no hint of the warmth from earlier.

"It's simple mate, the lady is leaving and I'm helping. Be a good lad, shut your trap, get the f**k over it and move on."

"Like hell I will!" gasped Jamie as he struggled in vain to break free from Robespierre's grip.

"Bloody Irish," sighed Robespierre, "Alway having to do things the hard way.

Without warning Robespierre released Jamie who dropped to the floor, at the same time Robespierre grabbed hold of him and spun him around pushing him hard to the floor his right arm bent back and up at an odd angle.

"You really should of listened mate." With a a quick pull Jamies arm snapped and Robespierre let it drop as Jamie rolled onto his side cradling his busted wrist.

"No time to wait," growled Robespierre as he grabbed the suitcases and hurried Keira out of the room.

Keira was in shock as Robespierre stopped at the service desk and in hushed tones explained what had happened to Jamie.

Robespierre handed Keira the pass key to her new hotel room after he had placed the suitcases in the closet.

"I'm sorry about what happened to Jamie, but don't worry he'll be ok." said RObespierre.

"It's all a bit much to take in," murmured Keira as she stared at the pass key in her hand.

"I know," replied Robespierre a light smile dancing across his lips. "If you ever feel the need to talk or you just want the best dam n food in the area, this is were you can find me." Robespierre held out a business card with the diner's address on it. "Things will be allright," he whispered as he kissed Keira lightly on the cheek before disappearing in a a wave of swaying pleats.

Fin

deviljet88
27-09-2005, 03:19 AM
I like any story where Jamie gets bashed/humiliated.