PDA

View Full Version : iPod Nano

hannahjane
26-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Has anybody heard about these free ipod nano schemes? Because they actually work! My friend got one yesterday, and mine is in the post. I know it seems like a scam, because I was so dubious at first but it seriously does work. You should go here (http://ipodnanogiveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=128963) to get started people!

If you don't believe it, you should watch this report (http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/video/4...carver22_vi.ram) by the BBC - this refers to an american site though so it is not applicable to the UK. The legitimate UK site is here.

Here, I've pasted how I explained it to another dude:

Are you seriously interested in the free ipod Nano (http://ipodnanogiveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=128963)? Because you can actually get one for free and it is 100% legal and it 100% guarenteed. I can understand people being dubious because I was at first, but it is seriously simple.

You raise good points, but I basically see it as us (the consumer) manipulating the companies. Basically, certain companies want us (the consumer) to try out their product in the hope that we might like it and then buy it. Simple, right? The trouble is these days people are so sceptical that the companies are finding it increasingly hard to get people to listen (think for instance: if a pop-up comes up on your computer you most likely cancel it straight away don't you? If people try and hand you leaflets in the street you ignore them...). So, how do the companies get people to notice their products and try them out? They bribe them!

But in a good way - for our benefit! They are basically saying: "Try our FREE trial period and we'll give you a FREE ipod nano as long as you get six of your mates to try the same thing!" It really is that simple. The company pays the iPod website to advertise on it, and it will pay the iPod site each time it gains a referal (ie. a new customer) - so the site is getting paid by the advertisers. The companies gain from it because all these new people are trying out their product on free trial - but usually the offers are actually quite good, so a lot of people will continue them. As long as a certain % of people continue the offer, then the companies win too. The consumer obviously wins because we get the free product and the free iPod!! Do you understand?

And, the bonus is that if you subscribe to the ScreenSelect.co.uk offer you not only pay NOTHING but you also get free DVDs for 21 days (part of the FREE trial).

Basically, if you click here, (http://ipodnanogiveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=128963) and then sign up to the Free iPod site, then you click on the ScreenSelect.co.uk advert in the "sign up for offers" section. Then you sign up for the FREE trial for ScreenSelect.co.uk. ScreenSelect will then contact the iPod people and tell them that you have completed your 'offer' (this will take around 3 days). You can then cancel your offer (being charged NOTHING within the 21 days) but your offer will still be accepted as being completed. Then all you have to do is get 6 mates to do the same! You get FREE DVD rentals and FREE ipod Nano. It really is easy!

I have often been so sceptical and dubious about these things but I finally went for it, and it is 100% satisfactory! It was actually featured on the BBC as being a really good scheme. It is completely different to a so called 'pyramid' scheme, because everybody wins.

If you have any more questions please feel free to PM me, or email me at: hannahjaneparkinson@hotmail.co.uk.

CLICK HERE to GET STARTED (http://ipodnanogiveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=128963). It is really simple, and you will be chuffed when you get it!

Cheers,

Hannah xxx

Digital_Ice
26-09-2005, 12:52 PM
argh, there was me thinking this was an interesting thread, but no... its just a please click my referal link spam shit

apoggy
26-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Not to be rude, but if it is indeed in the post you wouldn't be using your referal code, I'm sceptical about these schemes...

I want one still however :p

hannahjane
26-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Not to be rude, but if it is indeed in the post you wouldn't be using your referal code, I'm sceptical about these schemes...

I want one still however :p

Exactly, you are absolutely correct. This isn't for me - my friend (who referred me) has one, and hence now all my mates want t one too! So I got myself one and am getting this one for a friend who wants one but seems to think they'll fuck it up! Which is stupid, because it's not exactly hard. But no, you are not being rude at all, it's a very good point. But that's why I'm doing it again, because it really is simple. I like it when people are getting them too because it's like we're getting one over on the advertisers. :p: Even if most of them (especially ScreenSelect are reputable companies - their offer is actually quite good).

And it's not spam shit, Digital Ice, as I originally thought, it is actually a genuine way to earn an iPod nano. And let's face it, everybody wants one but few can afford to shell out right now. I can understand why people are scepticle because as I say, I was too. But once you've completed the scheme it really does seem weird when you basically offer people a completely free iPod nano and they say no. If somebody stuck one out infront of you on the street, you'd take it...this is the same, it's just that other people are getting them too!

As I say, if you have any questions and are considering the offer then don't hesitate to contact me, but you have nothing to lose by doing it, and an iPod Nano to gain.

deviljet88
26-09-2005, 02:12 PM
My new Sony Walkman holds all my songs, enough for me. I'd like a Nano to snap though since my friend reckons I'm not strong enough to.

Leonie
26-09-2005, 02:14 PM
For a second I thought it said 'country'. Alas, it's county and that means there'll be no iPod for your favourite Dutch girl.

apoggy
26-09-2005, 02:19 PM
all foreigners can get it delivered to my address ;) if i get some ill send you one Leonie :p

hannahjane
26-09-2005, 05:16 PM
You see it really is an ingenius little scheme. If anybody else feels the nano need just click on the link in my sig. apoggy was wise enough. :p: (It should say sometime this week that your offer has been confirmed, but you do have to be patient). What DVDs have you ordered for your trial?

apoggy
26-09-2005, 05:22 PM
ive not...i just gave it my spam email address to see if it was the same as all the others.....it was, I can see that it clearly says that you wont be charged if you cancel, but how easy is it to cancel? :p

Liam
26-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Nein, danke.

acliff
26-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Nein, danke.

You declining would matter a bit more if you were actually in the uk...

Liam
26-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Nobody cares.

duckula
26-09-2005, 07:23 PM
I care.

Liam
26-09-2005, 07:24 PM
You poor fellow.

duckula
26-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Do you need a hug?

Liam
26-09-2005, 07:27 PM
No, just caffeine.

duckula
26-09-2005, 07:30 PM
I think you need a hug. Caffeine makes you tetchy, fact.

Ashley
26-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Nano's while good looking would hold less than half of my songs. I love my iPod. I'm not saying I wouldn't take a free one.

Chip up Liam, you sound like an old fogey.

Leonie
26-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Nano's and schemes, not grudges and hugs. Play nice now, kids :)

duckula
26-09-2005, 07:50 PM
I won't play nice goddamnit. I bet you smell like wee too.

Leonie
26-09-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm surprised you can tell - last I heard your username refers to the one thing you insist on taking with you when mum says it's time for your biweekly bath. Do not, I repeat, do NOT get between Frank and his little rubber ducky.

duckula
26-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Haz would know, he tried one time and look at his face now, a twisted, mangled wreck.

acliff
26-09-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm surprised you can tell - last I heard your username refers to the one thing you insist on taking with you when mum says it's time for your biweekly bath. Do not, I repeat, do NOT get between Frank and his little rubber ducky.

The smell is contagious.

Hazzle
27-09-2005, 06:09 AM
What was the topic again?

Oh yes, referral schemes for free iPods. Nahh, don't trust those.

Jacoby
27-09-2005, 01:10 PM
I want wireless headphones. Someone find me free wireless headphones.

hannahjane
27-09-2005, 08:50 PM
It is really easy to cancel to whoever asked the question, I am not a novice to this, my best friend has an iPod because of it, and I have already completed my referrals for my own, so mine is on the way! Yes it looks like a scam, and yes a billion people don't trust them - but that's probably why so few people do them, and why the companies can afford to do them. Don't trust me; trust the BBC dammit! Go to the link on page one! :p It is EASY to cancel; ScreenSelect aren't some dodgy company, they are basically the online Blockbusters. Go to the BBC link and watch what it has to say about the American version. Then click up on the link in my signature and sign up for the UK version. ScreenSelect. Yes, it sounds a little dodgy at first - of course I can relate - but from my point of view it seems ludicrous when people don't take the offer up considering what I know about it now. Read page one of what I've said to get more insight into how it works. As I repeat, there is nothing to lose and an iPod nano to gain!

acliff
27-09-2005, 09:03 PM
It is really easy to cancel to whoever asked the question, I am not a novice to this, my best friend has an iPod because of it, and I have already completed my referrals for my own, so mine is on the way! Yes it looks like a scam, and yes a billion people don't trust them - but that's probably why so few people do them, and why the companies can afford to do them. Don't trust me; trust the BBC dammit! Go to the link on page one! :p It is EASY to cancel; ScreenSelect aren't some dodgy company, they are basically the online Blockbusters. Go to the BBC link and watch what it has to say about the American version. Then click up on the link in my signature and sign up for the UK version. ScreenSelect. Yes, it sounds a little dodgy at first - of course I can relate - but from my point of view it seems ludicrous when people don't take the offer up considering what I know about it now. Read page one of what I've said to get more insight into how it works. As I repeat, there is nothing to lose and an iPod nano to gain!

Darling, take it from a salesman, sales talk such as this doesn't generally work. You gotta build up trust, and actually tell the person who you're trying to convince, whats in it for them, and what they'd gain in return.

Which unfortunately for this is nothing, unless they actually think that 21 days of free DVDs is a good idea. (which of course it is, but not when its tied to a subscription which works on the basis of you forgetting to cancel, or you not being able to return the DVDs on time, and therefore getting at least 1 months of subscription debited out of your account)

hannahjane
27-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Your argument would sound better if I HADN'T DONE IT BEFORE!!! God, I thought I was sceptical before this, but some people take the biscuit! ;) :p You don't forget to unsubscribe - it's not some dodgy company. When you sign up you have a 'My Account' section on the ScreenSelect website, informing you what DVDs you have at home, what ones they expect back, what ones they are shipping etc. It does not take 21 days to return the DVD. They pay for your postage and provide you with an envelope. It is not tied to a full subscription unless you want it to be. They generally do work...TRUST THE BBC if not me!

Hazzle
27-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Yes, but he's right, the hope is that you will neglect to cancel or otherwise forget. Everyone works on the basis of this. I'll give you an example.

I went to buy a new mobile. The salesman tried to sell me insurance, even offered to pay my first month's premium as a rebate. Now the idea is, I give him debit details, he gives me a rebate cheque, I forget to cancel in a month's time and they get a month's premium out of me. I was having none of it.

It's not so much a scam as clever business playing on human psychology. It's what salesmen do all the time.

hannahjane
27-09-2005, 10:19 PM
:icon_conf Yes, but he's right, the hope is that you will neglect to cancel or otherwise forget. Everyone works on the basis of this. I'll give you an example.

I went to buy a new mobile. The salesman tried to sell me insurance, even offered to pay my first month's premium as a rebate. Now the idea is, I give him debit details, he gives me a rebate cheque, I forget to cancel in a month's time and they get a month's premium out of me. I was having none of it.

It's not so much a scam as clever business playing on human psychology. It's what salesmen do all the time.

Well, yes I do see your point, because I know that does happen an awful lot. But at the end of the day, I think it's more about the company wanting you to actually try out their product, and genuinely like it. After all, if you simply "forget" to cancel, then you only end up paying the first month's subscription, after the consumer realises. However, if you use the free trial -and genuinely enjoy the service (ScreenSelect is indeed very good), then they get your full service. I am actually considering staying with ScreenSelect this time around because they are a really good service. I do see your point, but I do actually think it's a genuine proposal for you to try their service - and hopefully continue with it, not just an attempt to scam you into paying for something you don't want.

Either way, you don't forget if you have any wits about you! I've said a billion times that it's 21 days or 6 DVDs - it's not the companies' fault if the consumer does not read the terms correctly.

It is literally a free iPod nano! And yet people still refuse the service.

acliff
27-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Your argument would sound better if I HADN'T DONE IT BEFORE!!! God, I thought I was sceptical before this, but some people take the biscuit! ;) :p You don't forget to unsubscribe - it's not some dodgy company. When you sign up you have a 'My Account' section on the ScreenSelect website, informing you what DVDs you have at home, what ones they expect back, what ones they are shipping etc. It does not take 21 days to return the DVD. They pay for your postage and provide you with an envelope. It is not tied to a full subscription unless you want it to be. They generally do work...TRUST THE BBC if not me!

Mine was not an argument.
And you seem to think I haven't signed onto a DVD online rental scheme before. I've been subscribed to one for 6 months. They're great, very useful, and all that jazz. However, I know what their cancellation is like. If you do the maths, the rental is not actually any cheaper than going to a local video shop. And yes, I spent an hour in the past, doing the appropriate average DVD retaining times and such.
What I'm doing is critising your sales talk, rather than the offer.
To the end that I've put my email address for your referral thing. What I'm saying is that nothing you've said so far has convinced me to join up. You'd be better off cutting out all of the 'omg signing up and cancelling is no hassle, trust the BBC, you should do this for me because I really want an ipod NANO' bullshit and just tell people that 'yes it is a hassle, and I am taking advantage of your friendship, and your credit card details, but it would be extremely kind of you, and the least I could do is tell you exactly how and when to cancel the offer (if that is what you wish) and buy you pints for your trouble.

But then again, I assume you've exhausted your own friends by this point.

apoggy
27-09-2005, 10:47 PM
My link is better than HannahJane's

http://ipodnanogiveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=129354

its a pyramid scheme waiting to be taken advantage of, I wants one, be kind to an old Admin.....

hannahjane
27-09-2005, 11:44 PM
My link is better than HannahJane's

http://ipodnanogiveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=129354

its a pyramid scheme waiting to be taken advantage of, I wants one, be kind to an old Admin.....

My link is soooo much better than apoggy's: LOOK, IT HAS BELLS ON IT!! (http://ipodnanogiveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=128963) :fencing:

:p

Hazzle, what you said then: we all want the nano, and it is actually easy to get away with paying nothing. Just make sure that you cancel AFTER your offer has been verified by the iPod nano site (this will take up to 5 days) and BEFORE 21 days of the offer (or 5 DVDs - whichever comes first). Your offer must be verified though by the site for it to count (so be patient), once it's verified however, you may cancel it and it will still count; that's the beauty of it.

You make good points...;)

acliff
27-09-2005, 11:49 PM
I thought you'd got all of your referrals already?

I assume you'll be slinking back once again into the darkness, once you've got what you want?

hannahjane
28-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Nah, I'll probably stay on for a bit. I genuinely like it here, the posters are funny and intelligent people! I was here for like 2 years so I know that much! Plus I have a huge Jay Dornan obsession, and I can usually get info on him from here. (Even though they are now no more!). What's with all these other wavefronts now though? It used to be just KK, now there are millions????

deviljet88
28-09-2005, 11:37 PM
The other ones suck... so far. At least I know the Katie Leung Wavefront forum hasn't gone anywhere exciting.