PDA

View Full Version : I can die peacefully now

frodo1511
26-09-2005, 12:26 AM
In case you did not know(probably all of you), I ended up seeing Coldplay in concert Wednsday. They were incredible. The music, aided by 18 new 'woofers and a total of 46 speakers hanging from the ampitheater's ceiling(roughly 5-7k of wattage each I guesstimated), was nothing short of spectacular, and the light show(particularly during "Clocks" and "Yellow" was enough to give anyone over 30 a seizure.

If you have a question about the concert, the drive up their, the drive back, the drunken fans, the cars, the ladies, anything at all, I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

deviljet88
26-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Who did you go with?

frodo1511
26-09-2005, 12:35 AM
My best friend. We met a couple girls who live in Kansas City, and managed to get one of their numbers. At the end of the concert, we swear rather loud because we forgot their names, but manage to get their answering machines and, thankfully, they state their names for us.

Highlight of the night: During "In My Place", lead vocalist and pianist Chris Martin(no affiliation) started running from the stage into the audience, going from left to right, right below the 4 of us. We all bolt and run with him until he and us stops in the dead center of the ampitheater. He continues to sing the last bits of the song, and we "assist" with about 30 other fans around Chris. Seriously, I was about 10 feet away from him at the moment. It was awesome.

Ranman
26-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Good Idea, Go Die

frodo1511
26-09-2005, 01:49 AM
^Not until I see King Kong.

Then I'll think about it.

Ashley
26-09-2005, 04:25 AM
That show was amazing. Even though I was up in the friggen lawn. If I would have known they style of show they put on I would have sprung for seats. ButI could see everything... kinda. And I heard everything, so I was on cloud 9 for the 2 hours they played.

By the way, why didn't we meet?

frodo1511
26-09-2005, 04:53 AM
That show was amazing. Even though I was up in the friggen lawn. If I would have known they style of show they put on I would have sprung for seats. ButI could see everything... kinda. And I heard everything, so I was on cloud 9 for the 2 hours they played.

By the way, why didn't we meet?

Dunno. I was in Section 14...with seats:P
When did you get tickets? I believe I bought mine the day they went on sale.

I had some dude from Lawrence in front of me, he was pretty cool. Left 30 minutes before the show was over though, but at least that was one less obstruction for me(I was constantly leaning to the right to see the band...damn my shortness).

Ashley
26-09-2005, 04:59 AM
I bought mine about 2 weeks ago, but I knew I was going when I heard they were coming. I tried to sneak down to the seats but couldn't find any stubs.

Kelsey
26-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Coldplay...is boring.

I do like Yellow though, especially the first two lines. Oh, and the song from Garden State. I have those two on my iPod.

deviljet88
26-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Talking about boring... Yellow's video clip was boring. Chris Martin walking down the beach... still remember just gawking at it when I first saw it.

Leonie
26-09-2005, 02:28 PM
I went to see them in July. They were indeed very very awesome. Richard Whatshisface from the Verve as the warm up act wasn't bad either :)

frodo1511
26-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong Ashley, but the warm up band was Rilo Kiley...a group I've never heard of before. Decent, but easy to look away from once Coldplay came on stage.

For everyone who does not like Coldplay: "Some people are into cross-dressing, some people are into bondage, and some people are into Coldplay."

Ashley
26-09-2005, 07:22 PM
You are correct on the opening act. I've heard them before, but I was late getting there so I didn't get to see it. I got there about 10 minutes before Coldplay came on, and that was just dandy to me.

Calling Coldplay boring :icon_err: that's like saying Gone With The Wind... or Citizen Kane... or The Graduate were mediocre.

duckula
26-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Coldplay smell like wee.

Interesting fact: middle of the road is spelt c-o-l-d-p-l-a-y.

Ashley
26-09-2005, 07:31 PM
You're clever. That's why I heart you.

duckula
26-09-2005, 07:32 PM
I heart you too. Hugz.

Hazzle
26-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Coldplay smell like wee.

Interesting fact: middle of the road is spelt c-o-l-d-p-l-a-y.

Even more interesting fact: Ducky actually sleeps with a signed poster of Chris Martin which he kisses and fondles in the middle of the night. True story!

duckula
26-09-2005, 07:50 PM
More interesting fact: Hazzle once tapped into the drains from Chris Martin's house and chugged his poo.

Hazzle
26-09-2005, 07:51 PM
More interesting fact: Hazzle once tapped into the drains from Chris Martin's house and chugged his poo.

*Hangs his head in shame.* :icon_redf

It's true. It tasted faintly of Fair Trade Coffee.

frodo1511
26-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Was their a hint of chocolate in the poo, hazz?

Jacoby
27-09-2005, 02:38 AM
I get bored with most of Coldplay's songs. There are only a handful of songs I can listen the whole way through. I will name then now, in the order of my favorite:
Don't Panic
Speed of Sound
Yellow
Scientist
Fix You

And all those songs I like because of the association of a girl (exept for Don't Panic which is truly an interesting, original song)

I was so fucking pissed when Rilo Kiley played. They were so awesome. There was absolutely no energy for them, because majority of Coldplay fans are totally gay about music. There was a group of 40-something men in front of us mocking Rilo. It was so frustrating. Again, I bet 3% of the crowd knew that the girl from Rilo is the girl who sings in The Postal Service. Jenny Lewis. She's freaking amazing.

deviljet88
27-09-2005, 02:42 AM
Oh is she? Hmmm... *contemplates getting a Rilo Kiley album*

frodo1511
27-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Any of you guys see the man who just stood their in Rilo Kiley? If I remember correctly, he had an afro-type hairstyle, wore a red jacket(in the KC concert), and I believe played the trumpet for three notes. Rest of the time he just stood and moved his legs while the rest of the band was singing.

I was so pissed that Amsterdam was not played. Favorite song in the world.

Jacoby
27-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Any of you guys see the man who just stood their in Rilo Kiley? If I remember correctly, he had an afro-type hairstyle, wore a red jacket(in the KC concert), and I believe played the trumpet for three notes. Rest of the time he just stood and moved his legs while the rest of the band was singing.

I was so pissed that Amsterdam was not played. Favorite song in the world.

Yeah, he played the trumpet for "It's a hit" and a few other songs, basically. He was pretty active at our show. Coldplay played Amsterdam at our show, but they didn't play Don't Panic. They actually teased me with it...Chris asked which one we all wanted, Green Eyes or Don't Panic and there was seriously a onslaught of voices saying Don't Panic. But then he asked this guy in a crazy shirt with lights that stood out and the guy chose Green Eyes.

Mags
27-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Rilo Kiley is amazing and everyone should get their albums.

I didn't get to see them on Sunday, but I heard their show was fantastic. I feel like I need to check out The Arcade Fire now, because evidently, Coldplay watched their show on Sunday and was blown away...wouldn't stop talking about them.

And then Coldplay played "Ring of Fire," by Johnny Cash, and it was the best night ever.

Jacoby
27-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Rilo Kiley is amazing and everyone should get their albums.

I didn't get to see them on Sunday, but I heard their show was fantastic. I feel like I need to check out The Arcade Fire now, because evidently, Coldplay watched their show on Sunday and was blown away...wouldn't stop talking about them.

And then Coldplay played "Ring of Fire," by Johnny Cash, and it was the best night ever.

Arcade Fire is one of my favorite bands ever. Go buy Funeral. Immediately.

frodo1511
27-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Yeah, we got to hear "Don't Panic", as well as "Til Kingdom Come". Right after that, "Ring of Fire" was played. It was very cool, everyone started taking out lighters and cell phones.

I'm pissed that Jake's concert had "Amsterdam".
Just Pissed.

Ashley
27-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Ring of Fire was awesome.

I read a review in the Kansas City Star I think it was Friday, maybe Saturday, and the guy said that Chris Martin tried to do some vocal things he couldn't pull off, but then he said that The Scientist was off their new album so I thought about writing in and telling him to check his facts.

frodo1511
27-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Ring of Fire was awesome.

I read a review in the Kansas City Star I think it was Friday, maybe Saturday, and the guy said that Chris Martin tried to do some vocal things he couldn't pull off, but then he said that The Scientist was off their new album so I thought about writing in and telling him to check his facts.

man, I bought the friday and saturday edition, looked everywhere, and still did not find the review of the concert. Maybe I have glaucoma or something.

It was not even on their webpage, but it's been a couple days since I've checked.

Ashley
27-09-2005, 11:53 PM
It's in the FYI section. In Saturday's paper it's on the website but you need to register and I don't feel like it.

frodo1511
27-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Nevermind, found it:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/entertainment/12724431.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp