PDA

View Full Version : Close encounters of the fame kind

Hazzle
25-09-2005, 10:14 AM
I couldn't find another thread about this (although I swear I remember there being one. Then again, I have been absent for roughly 9 months now so my memory might be playing tricks on me) but has anyone got a story of meeting a celebrity, or happening to stumble onto a film set or any other brushes with the fame game?

Of course the point for this thread is, as always, self-serving, and it's an excuse for me to mention the fact that the new Clive Owen film The Children of Men was being filmed next door to my workplace the other day, in fact the second we stepped out of the office on a cigarette break, we were on set, and had security come over and ask us nicely to keep the noise from our conversation down just a tad. He was nice about it, otherwise I might have had to put my cigarette out on his eyeball. Or something. Considering he was a pretty big bloke and I'm err...not. Chatted to one of the extras about the film and even walked right past Clive Owen later in the day.

Not exactly groundbreaking but still, rather fun.

Ardnax
25-09-2005, 02:57 PM
I met Roger Pontare yesterday, he is a singer that's very famous in Sweden. I got his autograph and he was very nice.

Hazzle
25-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Clive looked grumpy, miserable and scruffy.

Richard
25-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Some scenes from Cheaper by the Dozen and Dodgeball were filmed at my high school. I did see Ben Stiller, but I did not see Tom Welling or Hilary Duff. Or that guy from Jeepers Creepers.

I once saw Arnold S. a couple years ago at a park filming a scene from T3. He was in a hearse at a great distance away, so it was kinda a blur, but I did see his face.

That's all the brush with fame I have.

apoggy
25-09-2005, 08:24 PM
On my way into Manchester to catch the coach to London on Saturday morning I saw Bez from Happy Mondays fame, and also the winner of Celebrity Big Brother last year, walking down a street in Manchester....woo

Also seen numerous Corrie members in Manchetser City Centre

Hazzle
25-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Aww bless, I loved Bez. I was pretty pleased he won.

I've seen a fair few of the Eastenders cast from time to time around London.

Ashley
26-09-2005, 04:21 AM
I met Nickel Creek three times, they are just all awesome. Besides being amazing musicians they awesome people.
I met The Corrs last summer, minus Caroline who was pregnant at the time. Anyway, I got nervous, mumbled incoherantly and then looked like a deer in the head lights, and sweated profusely.

I think I made a great impression on them all.

frodo1511
26-09-2005, 04:55 AM
During the Coldplay concert last Wednsday, Chris Martin was running out into the audience, and managed to stop right in the middle of the ampitheater. My best friend and I bolted to his area, and ended up 10 feet from him, singing the last 30 seconds of "In My Place" with 30 other people.

Does that count?

Liam
26-09-2005, 06:31 AM
Met Dimebag Darrell twice. I think that counts.

deviljet88
26-09-2005, 06:54 AM
The guy from Tripod. Yep, I've seen a tonne of celebs in my time.

Pygmalion
02-10-2005, 10:21 AM
I've sung on one of Neil Finn's recordings, annnd my sister's best friend goes to school with the fat British one from the Sleepover Club. Not really MY fame connection, but noteworthy I though-for all those who've SEEN the Sleepover Club.

Kelsey
02-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Ashton Kutcher, Laura Prepon, Wilmer Valderamma, Danny Masterson, Topher Grace, Mila Kunis, Debra Jo Rupp and the rest of the Point Place gang on a regular basis. Duh.

Demi Moore (and her daughters), Eva Mendes, Chris Masterson, Josh and Seth Meyers, and Seth Green on the 70s set.

Sandra Bullock
William Shatner
Regina King
Jessica Alba
Alexis Bledel
Lauren Graham
David Schwimmer
Sienna Miller
Wayne Brady
Sherry Shephard
William Shatner
Carl Lumbly
Mike Meyers
Alyssa Milano
Cameron Diaz
Kate Beckinsale
Jennifer Connelly
Martin Sheen
Haley Joel Osment
Bruce Willis
Deidrich Bader

I'm sure I'll think of others after. Won't bother with those I've only seen.

Hazzle
02-10-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm sure I'll think of others after. Won't bother with those I've only seen.

Oooh...a prickly holly-like dig. Ouch. It appears we have a winner ladies and gentlemen (have you not SEEN that list?!).

*mutters something*

Liam
02-10-2005, 12:27 PM

:icon_lol:

DefyingGravity
02-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I met Greg Jasperse, but he isn't exactly famous. He's a jazz composer.

My cousin dated Ryan Merriman(he was in The Ring 2).

Hey Haz, didn't you say once that you passed Brian Molko on the street?

acliff
02-10-2005, 01:37 PM
I met Greg Jasperse, but he isn't exactly famous. He's a jazz composer.

My cousin dated Ryan Merriman(he was in The Ring 2).

Surely he wouldn't have seen him exactly, more likely just the vacuum of light that encompasses Brian everywhere he goes?

Hazzle
02-10-2005, 02:47 PM

So I did. Yay! One more for me!

Actually I've passed quite a few famous people, but nowhere near the A-list than Kelsey just rattled off. I'd say Clive was the most famous person of the lot of them and even he's not THAT famous...had people in the office saying "Clive who?"

Kelsey
02-10-2005, 02:53 PM
I'd like to meet Clive Owen.

I forgot Dominic West btw. I met him and Sienna Miller after one of their performances.

Hazzle
02-10-2005, 04:25 PM
I'd like to meet Clive Owen.

No you wouldn't. I swear his good looks are all down to makeup cos he's an ugly fucker in person.

Kelsey
02-10-2005, 05:05 PM
That's okay, I never found all that attractive in the first place. But I would love to discuss his performance in Closer.

Hazzle
02-10-2005, 05:18 PM
That's okay, I never found all that attractive in the first place. But I would love to discuss his performance in Closer.

Yeah, true. Doesn't seem very talkative though, he kept slinking back and hiding away. I don't think he spent any time with fans at all which is quite bad imho.

Kelsey
02-10-2005, 05:19 PM
If he was working, I don't blame him...probably tired.

Jacoby
02-10-2005, 05:20 PM
I was forced to meet Nsync. About 5 years ago my sister won a McDonald's sweepstakes (1:1.6 million chance of winning, and she won) to go to a Nsync concert and meet them backstage. Since it was a few states over, my mom made the whole family go. It was weird meeting them. Justin called me his homie. That's about the extent of my brush with fame. Except none of them are famous anymore.

Hazzle
02-10-2005, 05:21 PM
If he was working, I don't blame him...probably tired.

It was AFTER working though. Meh, he could've spent 10 minutes talking to people, or taking a few photos, wouldn't have killed him.

Kelsey
02-10-2005, 06:20 PM
You can't really judge him based on that. You can't expect him to always be in the mood to talk to people. He could have had any kind of day. He could have been filming 14 hours straight (probably was). I wasn't there, I know, but...it's easy to say we would spend time with fans because we don't do it everyday. *Shrug*

Hazzle
02-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Actually he arrived at 11 and this was 5:30pm so at most he'd been filming for 6 and a half hours.

BUT you are right that it's easy to say that. I just don't think he seemed very approachable.

Kelsey
02-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Well then maybe he's just a dick. I don't really care. Not much of a Clive fan anyways, except for in Closer. Mostly because he just genuinely scared me in that.

Hazzle
02-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Well then maybe he's just a dick. I don't really care. Not much of a Clive fan anyways, except for in Closer. Mostly because he just genuinely scared me in that.

Hey, chill, I said you had a point :p

Closer was pretty much his best performance to date. The rest were pretty so-so and he was AWFUL in Sin City.

Kelsey
02-10-2005, 08:14 PM
He seriously freaked me out in Closer...I was very disturbed. That scene with Natalie Portman....*chills*