PDA

View Full Version : Nice Badge...

Jacoby
12-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks, Thread Title.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/devendra87/tag.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/devendra87/pointblock.jpg

I got the job at Blockbuster. This should be lovely.

Where doth you work? Any nice perks? Want to complain about it? Go ahead. I'll post some complaints in a month when I'll probably be sick of the job. But the perks...

20% off of everything in the store.
5 free rentals a week (!!!) and this includes movies that won't hit shelves for two more weeks. Luff.
Free movie tickets to certain movies in theatres. And free T-shirts (just got a Crash t-shirt today, which is awesome.)

Foeni
12-09-2005, 09:39 PM
I work in an apprenticeship in a supermarket. I'll post a picture of myself in the clothes whenever I get the time.

Liam: No comments, please :p

seitanic
12-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Currently unemployed, cause I'm moving down to Los Angeles in a couple weeks.

I've been spending my free time spamming my resume to employers on craigslist. I hope to get a job as a server or host in a restaurant, but that area seems pretty saturated with all the damn aspiring actors/actresses.

Digital_Ice
12-09-2005, 10:35 PM
i work for the county council atm (local government)... its blimmin boring, but its damn good pay, although my contract ends in a week :S then im unemployed... eek

acliff
12-09-2005, 10:56 PM
I work in a Stock Brokerage, as a trainee analyst in the sales department.
I finish on friday, with a really big thank you cheque.

Casual dress usually, tomorrow and wednesday are special, and therefore I will be in a suit.
Who wants pictures?

Jacoby
12-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Who wants pictures?

I think it goes without saying.

Ranman
12-09-2005, 11:46 PM
I am an Emergency Medical Technician
On any given day I can be Spit on, Peed on, Get Blood on me
Some people abuse me, Hassle me, Make my day at work a living hell
I may have to carry people downstairs, up from a basement, or across railroad tracks
I may see people hurt, or mangled and have them die in my care

Perks
Sometimes I can make people feel better
Sometimes I can save someone
And sometimes bring people back from death

And I Look very cool in my uniform
And I meet alot of girls

apoggy
12-09-2005, 11:48 PM
why doesnt that seem like a job Ranman would be trusted in? :p

As for me, I'm unemployed, seeking well paid (career) job.

Digital_Ice
12-09-2005, 11:52 PM
I am an Emergency Medical Technician
On any given day I can be Spit on, Peed on, Get Blood on me
Some people abuse me, Hassle me, Make my day at work a living hell
I may have to carry people downstairs, up from a basement, or across railroad tracks
I may see people hurt, or mangled and have them die in my care

Perks
Sometimes I can make people feel better
Sometimes I can save someone
And sometimes bring people back from death

And I Look very cool in my uniform
And I meet alot of girls

why did i read that like it was intended to be a song???

*Ranman - The Musical*

Neras
13-09-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm at uni at the moment, and don't have a job at all.

I'm planning on getting a part-time job somewhere once I'm actually back up in Newcastle (next week).

Richard
13-09-2005, 02:05 AM
That's cool. What a coincidence too. I started to fill out the application for my local blockbuster a few weeks ago but decided not to. I don't mind the background check or drug test but some stuff really confused me. Oh well, I don't want to work there anyway.

I also applied to my local Albertsons, Target, Office Depot, Home Depot, and AMC Theater. And I haven't heard from any of them yet.

5 free rentals a week? Now that's cool. Netflix wants $32.00 for their plan, and you get it for free... I envy you. 20% off those raisinets!

Spire
13-09-2005, 04:38 AM
Have you watched the Professional yet?

Jacoby
13-09-2005, 04:54 AM
Have you watched the Professional yet?

No. But I do own it. It'll be the next thing I watch.

Liam
13-09-2005, 06:25 AM
I'm a general shitkicker at Clark Equipment Australia. We manufacture forklift trucks up to 54 ton capacity, bobcats, farm equipment etc. I do a lot of stuff in my job, from maintenance on machinery, welding, gas torch cutting, machine operating, forklift driving (but they only let me drive up to 16 ton trucks...phooey). Currently I'm working on renovating an old factory extension to create a new room for the electricians. Its backbreaking work but doing all this handyman stuff will come in quite handy later in life.

hasselbrad
13-09-2005, 12:56 PM
I sell medical supplies. A lot of the things Ranman tears open and stuffs into and wraps around wounds goes through this shithole.
Perks: Bandaids and cotton tipped applicators.

acliff
13-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Can you score me some percoset?

Because as a medical supplier, it would be your unofficial duty to supply drugs underground for immoral, but ultimately pocket padding monetary gain...

deviljet88
13-09-2005, 01:18 PM
I don't work... but my mum does, and she got a glow pen. Go pharmaceutical companies :D

Sarah
13-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Blockbuster. Woooo. Fancy sending me some free DVDs? ;)

hasselbrad
13-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Can you score me some percoset?

Because as a medical supplier, it would be your unofficial duty to supply drugs underground for immoral, but ultimately pocket padding monetary gain...

Sorry. We aren't licensed to handle it. The strongest thing I could get you is lidocaine, and quite frankly, if that gets you off, I don't want to talk to you anymore. :p

acliff
13-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Cough syrup doesn't make me drowsy, does that make me hardcore?