PDA

View Full Version : Victory!

duckula
12-09-2005, 04:25 PM
England win the Ashes. Great joy. Commiserations to our antipodean chums.

Keyser_so_so
12-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Woot, or whatever those weird forum/internet types use to express glee...

... My Australian cousins will not hear the end of it... 'till the next ashes, obviously.

PhoeniX
12-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Yay!! I reckon the Australian team are gonna get lynched on their return.

Liam
12-09-2005, 07:10 PM
A good series and deserved win. Had Hayden and Langer fired earlier there may have been a different outcome, but alas. The Ashes go home, and its about fucking time too :p

I hereby move for Ashes games never to be hosted in England again. Weather and bad light spoiled what was sure to be a fantastic final test.

duckula
12-09-2005, 07:32 PM
They needed to kick the series off a week earlier and finish a week earlier, perhaps even two weeks. Avoid the September weather.

Looking forward to watching us retain the Ashes in 18 months, even if it does mean I will have to get sky.

apoggy
12-09-2005, 11:46 PM
I think this series will go down as one of the best. It was played with an air of sportsmanship and grace that I don't expect from the aussies, or us for that matter. The players enjoyed themselves, but were competative without bringing aggression and disappointment into the game to its detriment.

Gracious in defeat, my respect goes to the Aussies, but my final comment will have to be, well played England, now you've set your stall out for future tests, may these highs be watched once again.