PDA

View Full Version : keira's hair falls out!

Digital_Ice
01-09-2005, 10:12 PM
heh, ok, so a little overdramatic with title, but hey, it got your attention

British actress KEIRA KNIGHTLEY suffered a hair nightmare when constant styling for a quick succession of roles damaged her locks beyond repair.

The 20-year-old star had to opt for a close-cropped style when her hair started falling out in horrifying handfuls, but she is desperate to have flowing long hair once again.

She recalls, "When I was working on PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, I had to go over to have my hair looked at for another role. I'd been really busy filming, so my agent filled them in that my hair had been peroxided and was generally very weak.

"I was in the make-up chair at 4am. I was so tired I actually fell asleep, and two hours later I woke up to see all these perming curlers fastened to my head. My hair felt totally hideous, like the most brittle straw.

"By the time it I had got home and saw my mum, the whole of my fringe just dropped off into my lap. They then needed to do a colour-test on my hair. They took one strand and the whole hair just shrivelled up and disappeared.

"It needed completely cutting off. What I really want now is long hair."

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/knightleys%20hair%20disaster

meegaan1
02-09-2005, 06:01 AM
Wow, I guess what my friend's grandpa said about your hair falling out if you dye it too much is true...
I hope she doesn't go bald, but if she does, it would be interesting...

Leonie
02-09-2005, 06:29 AM
She could pull a Natalie Portman :icon_razz

deviljet88
02-09-2005, 06:41 AM
KKW's registration levels would skyrocket.

Liam
02-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Let this be a warning to all the male vaginas out there who go around dying their hair and getting highlights.

You'll go bald and everyone will laugh at you. (Which you should be used to, but still.)

Scott
03-09-2005, 08:48 AM
*Scott is too busy bleaching his hair to notice Liam*

Digital_Ice
03-09-2005, 12:29 PM
Digital_Ice points and laughs...

Neras
03-09-2005, 10:22 PM
I change my hair colour all the time, it's yet to fall out.

Jacoby
03-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Let this be a warning to all the male vaginas out there who go around dying their hair and getting highlights.

You'll go bald and everyone will laugh at you. (Which you should be used to, but still.)

Not all of us has luxurious, naturally multi-tonal hair like you, Liam. Just kidding. I used to dye my hair darker a few years back, but as my hair line receeds I'd rather not bring attention to it, thankyouverymuch.

Mandy
04-09-2005, 12:56 AM
How funny, I got my hair highlighted platinum today and the brittle ends just gooped off, it was terrifying.

Liam
04-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Not all of us has luxurious, naturally multi-tonal hair like you, Liam. Just kidding. I used to dye my hair darker a few years back, but as my hair line receeds I'd rather not bring attention to it, thankyouverymuch.

Its true :/

Leonie tells me that girls are jealous of my hair. :icon_redf

apoggy
04-09-2005, 01:10 AM
Girls + Cliff.

Oh wait....

Keyser_so_so
06-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Girls + Cliff.

Oh wait....

:icon_rofl

Still, who am I to talk... Ah whatever, at least I didn't go on a mission to purposely be a hard arse.

peach
09-09-2005, 02:55 PM
My sister had an accident like this one not too long ago. She wanted to permanent her hair.Her friend who's studdying to be a hairdresser helped her with it, when she got home her hair started falling out. This had nothing to do with her friend, she is really good at what she does. We had talked about her comming over for some days but she didnt go out for days and she was scared of what I would think of it. She had to cut her hair short but its growing out now and she's fine. The problem was that her hair is too thin and the product she put in her hair too strong for it. My sister cuts my hair and I had been wanting to cut it a bit shorter for some time. She wasnt so happy with that idea. I guess she thought it was a comfort that my hair wasnt short.
I finally got her to cut it for me. I totally understand what she felt at that time and I would be just the same if not worse. Probably inconsolable.