PDA

View Full Version : something for coldplay fans and geeks alike

Digital_Ice
28-08-2005, 11:37 PM
you know the wonderfully pretty album art of x&y, that is infact the Baudot code for "x&y"??

have you ever wanted to produce your own artwork using the same base5 binary code idea? no? didnt think so... but anyway this clever little webpage i found will do it for you...

...not yet found a practical use for it... but never-the-less, it kept me ammused for 5 minutes or so...

http://homepage.mac.com/wysz/xy/coldcode.html

Atvar
29-08-2005, 12:10 AM
i dont think there is a use for it

deviljet88
29-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Oh that's very cool! *goes back to A Rush Of Blood To The Head*

PS: If anyone's bored... is there any ASCII art kinda activity possible? If found, post the word.

Dionysus
30-08-2005, 02:27 AM
pretty cool
too bad the new coldplay albums sucks balls though
the first 2 were very good, what the fuck happened with this one???

deviljet88
30-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Read somewhere Chris Martin was trying to give Coldplay a new sound. Which slightly reminds me of how Radiohead changed after OK Computer. And hey, Radiohead's Chris Martin's idol.

Or maybe it was market research gone terribly wrong.

apoggy
30-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Maybe Dionysus' taste is impaired by angsty teenage feelings towards impending adulthood and lack of self sufficiency.

deviljet88
30-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Maybe Dionysus' taste is impaired by angsty teenage feelings towards impending adulthood and lack of self sufficiency.
But you're only half a year older than he is...

apoggy
30-08-2005, 01:21 PM
You any good at maths?

Mar '84 to Sep '85 = 6 months. Yay.

deviljet88
30-08-2005, 01:25 PM
You any good at maths?

Mar '84 to Sep '85 = 6 months. Yay.
Add a year then, oldie. *will make sure to put more thought into being a smart arse next time*

Digital_Ice
30-08-2005, 09:26 PM
i dont think there is a use for it

there is... sort of.... the base 5 binary used was invented by Emile Baudot for use in telegraphs, because the five bits allowed 32 different characters. this ment that using they were capable of accomodating all alphanumeric characters by using two of the 32 combinations were to select alternate character sets.

jesus christ i need to get out more......... :s eek

Keyser_so_so
31-08-2005, 08:54 AM
pretty cool
too bad the new coldplay albums sucks balls though
the first 2 were very good, what the fuck happened with this one???

Have you not heard Fix You? Talk? X&Y? All three of those songs are testament to the fact that the latest album is as good as the previous albums.

deviljet88
31-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Have you not heard Fix You? Talk? X&Y? All three of those songs are testament to the fact that the latest album is as good as the previous albums.
Matter of opinion. Mine: I can listen to Rush of Blood to the Head on repeat all. Not so for X&Y.

Dionysus
31-08-2005, 02:34 PM

LOL
i think i'm actually the only teenager that has never had any teenage angsty feelings
also, coldplay and oasis are basically the only bands i listen to that were formed after i was born
i almost only listen to stuff recorded between 1925 and 1981
and as my job being a musician writing radio/TV jingles (ahh don't laugh) and as a guitar teacher, i have to listen to alot of music and alot of musical styles, i know what i like, and i rekon i have pretty damn good taste thank you :D

yeah i've heard them, and i stand by my previous statement

Renegade
31-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Speed of Sound, Swallowed in the Sea, Fix You, Talk, and The Hardest Part are my favorites off X&Y. White Shadows is okay.

Keyser_so_so
01-09-2005, 12:58 PM
yeah i've heard them, and i stand by my previous statement

Fair enough.