PDA

View Full Version : What's your fave Comic book(s)?

Flightfreak
26-08-2005, 10:43 AM
deleted

deviljet88
26-08-2005, 11:51 AM
I used to really like Garfield. Maybe Peanuts... though most of them weren't much besides a cute dog and no humour.

Leonie
26-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Calvin and Hobbes!

My door is plastered in cut out Calvin and Hobbes comics.

Foeni
26-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Calvin and Hobbes!

I second that.

hasselbrad
26-08-2005, 01:08 PM
My absolute fave are, Buck Danny's :)

http://www.comic-shop.net/cover/salleck_buck_danny44.jpg

The two baddest planes of their respective eras...cool.

My favorite comic books were Sgt. Rock and G.I. Combat. I was a real WWII buff (still am) and didn't really have any use for superheroes.

acliff
26-08-2005, 01:42 PM
I prefer the eurofighter, if it ever comes into service. And the JSF, if it also every comes into service. Although the F16s with lasers are pretty damn cool too.

Classic planes made of sheet aluminium, twine, canvas were the best.

Timmy
26-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Hellboy

best comic book character ever :D

Keyser_so_so
26-08-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm a massive fan of the Star Wars comics, I'm currently collecting the Clone Wars graphic novels (not like the cartoon, they're proper drawings)- which sit nicely between the Ep.II and Ep.III graphic novels; chronologically.

I also like the Sin City graphic novels, but only buy them if I have the money to spare and I see them cheap- they're not my favourites.

As for collecting the comics (as apposed to buying graphic novels), I have a nice collection of Star Wars ones- all the Ep.I adaptation and stories based around that time and stuff; and also quite a few others.

Possibly one of the best I've collected in comic form is Boba Fett Enemy of the Empire
http://www.geocities.com/pezman4sw/comics/img/boba_fett_eote_bg.jpg
I recommend it to any fans of the Star Wars series who have a yearning for some Original Trilogy comic stuff.

Liam
26-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Tintin, Calvin and Hobbes, and Desperate Dan.

3K~
26-08-2005, 02:52 PM
ONE PLECE
did anyone know? a Japan comic GREAT!!!

hasselbrad
26-08-2005, 03:08 PM
The F22 is The Best fighter Jet of the moment, a bit to expensive but that’s just a detail. ;)
And the mustang did quite a good job in his times, and is still a topper in Reno air races.

My dad had a close friend that flew P-51s during WWII. The Baltimore Belle of the 353rd FG, and just the other day I saw a calendar with a plane from that unit on the cover. Black and yellow checkered cowl ftw.

duckula
26-08-2005, 05:19 PM
I concur with Calvin & Hobbes. It's genius.

Renegade
26-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Garfield is good. My favorite sarcastic cat.

Ranman
27-08-2005, 12:03 AM
How can you not Love Ziggy

Jacoby
27-08-2005, 11:59 AM
My favorite super hero would have to be Spider-Man, so those comics probably mean most to me. I also liked looking at Superman comics when I was younger, even though I really wasn't too big on comics.

Calvin and Hobbes is very good, as most of you have suggested. I really love Hobbes.

The Dark Side of Far Side is also very good. Well, I guess Far Side in general. But the darker ones are more fun.

marry rich people
27-08-2005, 11:05 PM
I agree with Calvin & Hobbes. I always wanted to play Calvinball when I was younger.

I have an almost full collection of the Tintin comics. I haven't read one in years but I remember reading them constantly. They were so intriguing even though the plots did seem to get repetitive.

Liam
27-08-2005, 11:36 PM
\I have an almost full collection of the Tintin comics. I haven't read one in years but I remember reading them constantly. They were so intriguing even though the plots did seem to get repetitive.

Repetitive? Never!

Well maybe a little. But Captain Haddock launching into an insult fesitival more than makes up for it.

Foeni
28-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Captain Haddock is great at insulting. One should study that.

marine
28-08-2005, 01:11 PM
I don't read comics I can't get myself to do it. My father reads comics, my brother reads comics even my mum does(or at least she did when she was younger) but I'd take more time to read a comic book than to finish a Zola.

Atvar
28-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Mine are
Garfeild - well you gotta love his comments
the beano - for the rebel dennis the menace

seitanic
28-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Neil Gaiman's Sandman is incredible. I was never a huge fan of comics but this series gave me a lot of respect for the medium.