PDA

View Full Version : Googletalk!

barrington
26-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Yes! It's better than Skype! Better than Teamspeak! And four hundred times better than MSN! It's GoogleTalk!

It's Google's messaging client with build in VOIP telephone calling stuff - but with PERFECT audio quality, even better than a normal phone! How do we do this? Sign up for a Gmail account (ask your friends or PM me if you need one) and then install the tiny tiny tiny download from http://www.google.com/talk and we're away!

Looking forward to chatting to some KKWers on this! Rar! Do it now, there's fucking no excuse whatsoever!

Mags
26-08-2005, 03:33 AM
It is pretty fun. And easier to connect with than Skype.

Evidently, I sound cool. Wicked.

acliff
26-08-2005, 06:18 AM
I will probably be on this later on this evening.
I haven't signed up yet, but will be later. Due to my extreme lethargy and tiredness, I will probably only be capable of umming aahhing and nodding in agreement, or shaking my head. None of it vocally.

Liam
26-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Now set up and running. I'm not on all the time and only those already on my msn list may apply. You should know the address, but if you don't PM me. My gmail has been surprisingly spam free thus far and I'm not posting it here for web crawlers to harvest and start sending me wondergrow emails.

I'm buying a new microphone tomorrow. Current one is fucked beyond belief.

acliff
26-08-2005, 09:12 AM
your paranoia has got to me. I don't get spam at the moment because I don't use the gmail account for anything particularly useful except signing up to forums, and online purchases.

Liam
26-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Your existence and thievery of prefectly good oxygen has got to me, but I have the decency to keep it to myself. :p

The reason I'm keeping the gmail account under wraps is that you have no fucking idea whatsoever of the number of random emails I get asking what Keira is doing on any given day of the week. I don't know and I don't care. I don't want my main email account saturated with this menace. Thats what hotmail is for.

Foeni
26-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Done. Name: foenikkw

a ring in return
26-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Name: aringinreturn

Digital_Ice
26-08-2005, 03:56 PM
i've had the installer for a while... but i cant do anything with it until the new cpu arrives the XP machine...

bruman
27-08-2005, 12:48 PM
just the same as my msn/email :P
exellent sound :)

Leonie
27-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Google Talk is awesome. I talked to Liam's dog - how cool is that? :icon_bigg

Foeni
28-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Just talked to Leonie. Excellent sound quality.

apoggy
28-08-2005, 09:20 PM
I task all you people who arent on my small list to add me, usual email derivative applies

Mandy
24-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Bump.

I downloaded it but I can't get it to connect and I have a gmail account...

*scratches her head*

Edit: Fixed! Those damn firewalls. Now add me bitches!:

singingmysong@gmail.com

JackYang
25-09-2005, 07:23 AM
The calling part's nice. But the instant messaging's not that popular yet. None of my friends from school uses it. They all prefer MSN.

Hazzle
25-09-2005, 10:09 AM
I actually tried this out with Mandy last night and I think we both agreed it actually knocks Skype into a cocked hat, and as for Teamspeak...don't even compare the two.

Whilst I wouldn't go so far as Mandy and suggest it sounds like the person's in the same room as you, it is definitely as good, if not better, than using the phone.

Foeni
06-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Mkay, thought I'd bump this, because I've recently started using gtalk a bit more. So I wanted to try and convince some more to use it without starting a new thread. I've so far talked to Ice, Flightfreak, Leonie and Hazzle. Surprisingly enough I haven't talked to Liam yet, even though he introduced me to it.

So, what is the rest of you waiting for? Go download it.

EDIT: Ice, don't go all crazy on me for bumping an old thread :p

Digital_Ice
06-08-2006, 03:55 PM
EDIT: Ice, don't go all crazy on me for bumping an old thread :p

aww.. spoiling my fun

/me sulks

..yes, people, get gtalk and talk to fo. the more you keep him busy, the less he can annoy me (jk)