PDA

View Full Version : Tea.

hasselbrad
22-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Yes, limeys...tea. I am trying to cut back on my coffee intake, but I need a hot beverage with which to replace it. What are some good, reasonably priced brands?

duckula
22-08-2005, 10:38 PM
You pussy. Get back on the coffee. Lesbian.

hasselbrad
22-08-2005, 10:41 PM
:icon_lol:
Don't worry. I'm just cutting back from 3 or 4 pots (yes, pots) of coffee to 2 or 3 pots.

duckula
22-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Maybe just find a good decaffe. Anything but tea dude. The spread of tea to Britain was the begining of the end for the empire. Evil bastard drink, tastes like wee.

hasselbrad
22-08-2005, 11:03 PM
...and my wee smells like coffee. I'm no doctor, but I'm thinkin' that can't be very healthy.

acliff
22-08-2005, 11:07 PM
The only way tea is acceptable is if you smoke it.

Anything less than a white stringy beard and a oversized pipe, I'll be angry.

Timmy
22-08-2005, 11:22 PM
WTF!

tea maybe the best drink on the planet
better than coffee!

acliff
23-08-2005, 12:11 AM
WTF!

tea maybe the best drink on the planet
better than coffee!

Thats because you're uncultured and have no sense of taste.

frodo1511
23-08-2005, 12:53 AM
...I drink coke...

*Waits for flogging*

Kelsey
23-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Earl Grey tea is good. That's the only kind I have tried.

I dispise coffee...I may just be the only person who can't walk into a Starbucks without gagging.

Leonie
23-08-2005, 05:39 AM
Ceylon tea for starters. Green tea & Jasmin is good. Any tea is, really. Just make sure you don't get the crappy cheap stuff, because that tends to taste like... crappy cheap stuff. And *really* let the water boil properly. Otherwise - bleurgh.

Coffee makes me very hyper. Now, I'm hyper by nature, so that doesn't help much, but if you add caffeine to that equasion you get 'accident waiting to happen'. Not good. Starbucks is evil. I tried a latte when I was in London, and it made me feel sick for the rest of the day :S No more Starbucks for me ever again.

acliff
23-08-2005, 06:19 AM
Just wait until you have a massimo americano at costs with an extra shot. Wowwee. Makes airport waits so much quicker.

Due to me being Korean, I have a natural affinity for various types of tea. I infinitely prefer coffee, but I have been known on ocassion to drink fancy ass teas like Korean Ginseng(called Insam in korea), Barley Tea, Ginko Biloba, oolong tea, the quintessential green tea(it chills me out like anything) and lampsang soshong(sp?)

However they all pale in comparison to Monsoon Malabar or Blue Mandheling coffee. mmmm

deviljet88
23-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Any tea's good, more enjoyable than coffee indeed mmm...

barrington
23-08-2005, 12:18 PM
English Breakfast Tea is the only way to go. Don't go for this new age hippie bullshit. The best Tea in the world clearly is PG Tips, although from what I understand you might have a hard job getting it outside of England. :)

duckula
23-08-2005, 12:37 PM
PG Tips. So shit only monkeys will drink it.

hasselbrad
23-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Ceylon tea for starters. Green tea & Jasmin is good. Any tea is, really. Just make sure you don't get the crappy cheap stuff, because that tends to taste like... crappy cheap stuff. And *really* let the water boil properly. Otherwise - bleurgh.

Coffee makes me very hyper. Now, I'm hyper by nature, so that doesn't help much, but if you add caffeine to that equasion you get 'accident waiting to happen'. Not good. Starbucks is evil. I tried a latte when I was in London, and it made me feel sick for the rest of the day :S No more Starbucks for me ever again.

I had some Jasmine tea at a Chinese restaurant the other day. It was interesting, but I can't imagine drinking it regularly.
I am lethargic by nature. If you add caffiene to the equation, you get a reasonably functional human being.:)
Don't judge Starbucks by a latte. Lattes are for people who are too weak to drink real coffee. ;) Starbucks coffee doesn't need frothed milk, sugary syrup and semen (you didn't know they put that in lattes, did ya') to be consumed. A little half and half and it's good to go.

acliff
23-08-2005, 01:46 PM
I had some Jasmine tea at a Chinese restaurant the other day. It was interesting, but I can't imagine drinking it regularly.
I am lethargic by nature. If you add caffiene to the equation, you get a reasonably functional human being.:)
Don't judge Starbucks by a latte. Lattes are for people who are too weak to drink real coffee. ;) Starbucks coffee doesn't need frothed milk, sugary syrup and semen (you didn't know they put that in lattes, did ya') to be consumed. A little half and half and it's good to go.

Ooo half and half.

If only Starbucks did decent coffee... :icon_err:

squirrel
23-08-2005, 04:29 PM
dude, good luck. i had to drink even MORE beer and start smoking again just to fill the void left when i cut back the caffeine.

hasselbrad
23-08-2005, 07:45 PM

Just for you sweetie...I drank two Ventis at the Starbucks at the mall whilst waiting for tires.

duckula
23-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Better.

acliff
23-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Just for you sweetie...I drank two Ventis at the Starbucks at the mall whilst waiting for tires.

If they're not venti espressos, then I'm not impressed.

hasselbrad
23-08-2005, 09:05 PM
If they're not venti espressos, then I'm not impressed.
:sad: