PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Movies

Jacoby
19-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Any movies that you're really interested in coming out soon?
Here's a few of mine....

Garden State: Zach Braff...genius. Natalie Portman...gorgeous. The soundtrack for this movie is going to be amazing! (The Shins 'new slang') Anyways, here's the trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/garden_state/internet_exclusive/)

Constantine: looks very interesting.
Demon Slaying? (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/constantine/)

The Notebook: seems as though it has stolen plot summary from The Great Gatsby, but that's a good thing. Nick Calloway (http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/the_notebook/)

Kelsey
19-06-2004, 09:26 PM
There are about a million that I'm excited for...

Wimbledon
Garden State
Napoleon Dynamite
A Good Woman
King Arthur

...and once I press reply about a hundred others will come to mind...

Ashley
19-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Garden State looks fab from the trailer. Zach Braff looks to be the next big actor/director/writer. I want to see Anchorman, Will Farrell is so hilarious. I'm interested in seeing Farenheit 9/11. I'm not a big Michael Moore fan because of the way he acted at the Oscars after Bowling for Columbine won, but his movies are interesting to watch none the less.

Vertical Vortex
20-06-2004, 09:06 AM
-Alexander
-King Arthur
-Shrek 2

and Star Wars episode 3, and the 4,5,6 DVD Box...

Flightfreak
20-06-2004, 10:53 AM
shrek 2 i already in the cinema's in belgium :D

Mistikle
20-06-2004, 04:00 PM
- King Arthur
- Mean Girls
- The Prince and Me
- The Cinderella Story
- and more...

shrek 2 i already in the cinema's in Australia!!

Louie
20-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Obviously, everyone here wants to see King Arthur. But apart from that, some other movies that look good are Garden State and Alexander.

Sarah
20-06-2004, 05:21 PM
The only film I am actually looking forward to seeing is Star Wars Episode III, and that isn't until May 2005. Ah well, not too long to wait.

Kelsey, you mentioned a film called Wimbledon. Now, I haven't looked into this, but it must have something to do with the Wimbledon, right?

Alendor
20-06-2004, 05:34 PM
I look forward to Spider-man II very much. I can not believe I'm the first one to post that movie. It looks to be better than its predessor in every single way. I'm waiting for this movie like a little kid at christmas.
Oher movies are Hellboy, King Arthur and Wimbledon.
Wimbledon is a romantic comedy starring Kirsten Dunst and Paul bettany set during Wimbledon(duh).
I'm have in the last few months become a resurrected Dunst-fan, which makes it even more grieving that Eternal... is only shown in three cities here in Denmark and none of them are close to me. :mad:
But apparently we also post movies here, which got a releasedate very far from now(Constantine and Star Wars).
To that list I'll add Serenity. Joss Whedons directorial debut. :)

Louie
20-06-2004, 05:40 PM
I don't think Spider-Man 2 is going to be as good as the first one was. Sequels are almost never as good as the originals. And since we are talking about movies that aren't coming out for awhile, I want to see The Polar Express. I don't know why that movie looks good to me, but for some reason it looks intriging.

Alendor
20-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Well judging by the few reviews Spider-man has gotten already then it'll beat the infamous rule for a sequel and you should just look at the trailer or/and the teaser and you'll see that it has already increased its speciel effects. I konw taht doens't alone make a good moive, but the acting and the story is prasied by all but one review I have read.
So I know it'll do very good at the box office and I have too high hopes for it. But damn it looks so good and it'll just go together with X-2 as the rulebreaking sequels. :)

wee me
20-06-2004, 08:15 PM
i already seen shrek 2 aswell!! its soooooooooooo funny!! there shud def b a third one!!!!!!!!

Vertical Vortex
20-06-2004, 08:21 PM
i already seen shrek 2 aswell!! its soooooooooooo funny!! there shud def b a third one!!!!!!!!

nooo! you haven't!! damn you lucky girl! i want to see it damn bad!

and to add some rumours... i've heard they allready started with a 3rd and 4th part of it! But they would have been the best if they had sticked to one :(

Jacoby
20-06-2004, 08:27 PM
I heard there already making a shrek 3. It's supposed to revolve mainly around the story of King Arthur, how apropriate? :)

Napoleon Dynamite and Spider-Man 2 are on my list for upcoming movies as well...I want to see Saved too.

I go here (http://www.apple.com/trailers/) to check up on the newest trailers....

Richard
20-06-2004, 09:10 PM
I'm only interested in seeing:

Anchorman
Dodgeball (only because some scenes were filmed at my school)
Spider-Man 2
King Arthur

Hazzle
20-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Shrek 2 does look good, and it's pretty much out now, so not sure we can call it "upcoming" anymore :D

As for Spiderman 2, I felt the first began well, and then the end felt cramped, like they were watching the length...I personally felt it could've gone on for another half hour and still been immensely watchable and not drag like the Return Of The King (God I wanted to shoot myself during the end of that...like a bloody Loreal advert it was!)...Spidey 2 does look a lot better, and I always preferred Doc Oc to the Green Goblin as Spidey baddies anyway, just that GG is the classic nemesis (well he did kill Gwen!).

Doc Oc looks amazing in the clips I've seen...it looks like it'll be STONKINGLY good...

Newell4keira
21-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Just seen Shrek 2, its great!

Renegade
21-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Speaking of Dodgeball, I thought it was utterly hilarious. For me, there were about about a half-dozen scenes that absolutely made my stomach hurt from laughing. Such scenes like when Patches taught the Average Joes, when Owen first saw the Russian lady, and when Average Joes faced off against Girl Scouts....downright funny! Aside from that, there were also some unexpected cameos by David Hasselhoff, Chuck Norris, Lance Armstrong that sprung a couple laughs.

If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you do. Funniest movie of 2004 yet.

ryan
21-06-2004, 11:09 PM
I thought Dodgeball was pretty shitty. I've definitely seen better comedies with Vince Vaughn and/or Ben Stiller.

I'm looking forward to:
King Arthur
Spider-Man 2
Garden State
Ocean's 12 (although it wont be out for a while)
Anchorman

I'm sure theres more, I just can't think right now.

edit-my shitty spelling

Vertical Vortex
21-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Shrek 2 does look good, and it's pretty much out now, so not sure we can call it "upcoming" anymore :D

its coming here first of july... so its still 'upcoming' for me :)

Elijahfan
21-06-2004, 11:13 PM
- Napolean Dynamite
- Garden State
- Anchorman
- King Arthur
- Wimboden (not sure if it's spelled right)

other movies that not looking forward to, but going to see are Spiderman2. and alexander, i really wanna see colin farrell with his weird blond hair.

Kelsey
22-06-2004, 05:57 PM
And I've thought of more...

The Bourne Supremecy (how could I have forgotten!?)
The Princess Diaries 2 (no comments please:)
Elektra (I've been waiting for this for like a year, and they're only just filming it!)
Ocean's 12
The Notebook

Mostly I'm just excited for stuff to come out on DVD...
Cold Mountain and The Perfect Score on the 29th and I just bought Neve Campbell's The Company, as well.

Jacoby
22-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Don't forget Eternal Sunshine on DvD. I'm definitely getting that one.

Object Of Affection
22-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Working at a cinema helps seeing all the latest films ;)

i've allready seen,

Shrek 2
The Chronicles Of Riddick
Hellboy
The Punisher

Can't wait till,

Spiderman 2
King Arthur
I-Robot
Star Wars 3
Resident Evil Apocolyspe
The Incredibles
Shark Tale
Alexander
Etc.....

MeggieHoops
22-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Wow, I went the the premiere of The Notebook last night...and it was FABULOUS. You guys should all try to get to see that. Just like...wow. It was so romantic and sweet without being overdone and cheesy, which I was worried about.

Hazzle
22-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Working at a cinema helps seeing all the latest films ;)

i've allready seen,

The Punisher

How was it?

Oh yeah...on your siggy...

"If the World Was Full Of keirA's"

We'd all get confused? Imagine; "Oi Keira!" <everyone in the vicinity turns around says "yes?" in stereo>.

Actually, it'd be a little disconcerting...if everyone was as beautiful as Keira then Keira would no longer be beautiful, just average, as everyone would look that way :p

Kelsey
22-06-2004, 11:56 PM
The Punisher was out here awhile ago. Kind of sucked.

ryan
23-06-2004, 01:08 AM
how I forgot "The Bourne Supremecy" on my list is beyond me. I mean to see it as well.

Jacoby
23-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Complete Track List for Garden State:
1. Don't Panic - Coldplay
2. Caring Is Creepy - The Shins
3. In The Waiting Line - Zero 7
4. New Slang - The Shins
5. Orange Sky - Alexi Murdock
6. I Just Don't Think - Colin Hay
7. Lebanese Blonde - Thievery Corporation
8. Blue Eyes - Carey Brothers
9. Fair - Remy Zero
10. One Of These Things First - Nick Drake
11. The Only Living Boy In New York - Simon & Garfunkel
12. Such Great Heights – Postal Service
13. Let Go - Frou Frou

2 Shin's songs!!!!!!!! Any movie with 2 Shin's song must be pretty amazing.This is honestly one of the best sountracks I've ever seen. Now back on track with upcoming movies...
Anchorman: (http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/anchorman-tlr.html) looks pretty hilarious. Will Ferel is a funny man.

Donnie Darko director's cut: (http://www.apple.com/trailers/newmarket/donnie_darko/) This one should be nice, I wouldn't mind seeing it again with a few more elements added.

That's all for now.

Kelsey
24-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Anyone seen any trailers or anything for Wicker Park (I think it's Wicker at least). At the theater I work at, we just got the poster, but no sign of the trailer yet. Josh Hartnett is in it, along with the two girls from Troy. I heard about this movie awhile ago.

Also, does anyone know anything about that really "old" movie, The Devil and Daniel Webster, with Jennifer Love Hewitt? It was being filmed then filming stopped, then filming was finished and a release date was given, then it disappeared? Anyone know? Is it at least out on video or what?

Pete
24-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Don't forget Eternal Sunshine on DvD. I'm definitely getting that one.

/me shivers, that film was decidely f*cked up.....
especially with the walls collapsing around him and.... *cant go on*

/me runs away.....

Vertical Vortex
24-06-2004, 09:18 PM
How was it?

Oh yeah...on your siggy...

"If the World Was Full Of keirA's"

We'd all get confused? Imagine; "Oi Keira!" <everyone in the vicinity turns around says "yes?" in stereo>.

Actually, it'd be a little disconcerting...if everyone was as beautiful as Keira then Keira would no longer be beautiful, just average, as everyone would look that way :p

what is good if there isnt any bad...

Object of Affection where do you live? fucking dutch bastards... we allways have to wait.

Hazzle
25-06-2004, 01:02 AM
what is good if there isnt any bad...

That was my point ;). What is life without death, light without dark etc...common philosophical themes :p

But in this case, it's perfectly true...what is beauty without ugliness?

Wait...did I just agree with you? God help me...I must need help...please can the men in white coats take me now...I'm sure everyone else at KKW will second that request :D

Alendor
25-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Anyone seen any trailers or anything for Wicker Park (I think it's Wicker at least). At the theater I work at, we just got the poster, but no sign of the trailer yet. Josh Hartnett is in it, along with the two girls from Troy. I heard about this movie awhile ago.

Also, does anyone know anything about that really "old" movie, The Devil and Daniel Webster, with Jennifer Love Hewitt? It was being filmed then filming stopped, then filming was finished and a release date was given, then it disappeared? Anyone know? Is it at least out on video or what?

I saw a trailer for Wicker Park on comingsoon.net a while back. A bit after Troy were released.
But the point being it's on comingsoon.net somewhere. :)

mufiman
26-06-2004, 12:07 AM
they played the trailer for "wicker park" when i saw Troy in theatres. i think they played it again for another movie, but i forget which one. well the 3 movies im looking forward to the most are spider-man 2, anchorman, and collateral.

Kelsey
26-06-2004, 12:50 AM
I was reminded of the movie "Cellular" today...that looks like it might be cool.

Jacoby
26-06-2004, 03:16 AM
/me shivers, that film was decidely f*cked up.....
especially with the walls collapsing around him and.... *cant go on*

/me runs away.....

Eternal Sunshine is said to come to video on September 28th, so both Pete and myself will be in-line for that one. Right Pete?

Before Sunset: (http://www.apple.com/trailers/warner_independent_pictures/before_sunset.html) This movie looks like another one that may be good (hope you all are actually watching these trailers). Ethan Hawke's a good actor, and the story seems nice.

Spider-Man 2 on Wednesday, that should be fun.

Jacoby
26-06-2004, 07:07 PM
Yes, I've heard Far.9/11 was very informative and interesting. I think I'm going to check it out as soon as possible. Thanks for suggesting it.

Ashley
26-06-2004, 09:05 PM
I saw Farhenheit 9/11 last night. It was informative but of course extremely one sided. I thought it was great though, I laughed my ass off at John Ashcroft. Best part of Ashcroft is that I went and saw the movie in Missouri, where he ran against Mel Carnahan and lost... a month after Carnahan died in a plane crash. The applause for Carnahan's post-mortem beating of Ashcroft was grand. Anyway, I loved it. Everyone should go see it. But don't let it do all your political thinking for you.

Kyle_West
02-07-2004, 04:56 AM
The Village (Am I the only one?)
King Arthur
Blade Trinity (Why I don't know but I wanna see it)
Farhenheit 9/11

On the other hand Spider man 3 I will not look foward to. But if it is venom then despite how much I hated the 2nd I will still see it. It has to kick ass.

guinie22
02-07-2004, 05:07 AM
Oh, I also want to see the village ,too!
my list:
The Village
Farhenheit 9/11
Garden State
Spiderman 2
Princess Diaries 2
Wimbledon
Vanity Fair

( I also saw Shrek 2- it is SO funny!!!!!)

Charlotte

Pygmalion
02-07-2004, 10:05 AM
Alexander (pity Angie only has a small role-Colin Farrell's mum)
Beyond Borders ('Nother Angie movie)
I WAS going to see Shrek 2 last weekend but...one thing led to another and I didn't, so I don't think I'll bother.
Resident Evil 2-what can I say? Any movie with Milla, zombies and LOTS of blood is hard to resist

I think thats it

Jacoby
03-07-2004, 01:21 AM
A few more interesting trailers.....

Finding Neverland: Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet :eek:
Watch the trailer. (http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/finding_neverland/)

This movie looks really creepy. It might turn out good. Scary.....
SAW (http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/521/521120p1.html?fromint=1)

Kyle_West
03-07-2004, 05:51 PM
O yeah that Johnny Depp movie that Benicio Del Toro is directing. Something with rum in the title. Maybe "The Rum Diaries" I don't remember. I'm to lazy to look on imdb.

Why not, The Jacket. Knightley and Brody. enough said.