PDA

View Full Version : Im watching the Princess of Thieves

Kyle_West
11-07-2004, 12:25 AM
for the first time on abc right now.

She just finished cutting her hair to "look like a boy".
........is it anygood? or am I wasting my time.....Does Keira do well?

It was decent I guess. To keep the thread from being a waste. Rate it.

6/10 (since Keira was in it other than that maybe a 2)

deviljet88
11-07-2004, 01:34 AM
Its a decent movie, she's about to go rescue the French Prince. Well since I'm an hour late... you'd be finished :P

Kelsey
11-07-2004, 03:32 AM
I own it, and I liked it. There are some good parts, I thought.

Kapone USA
11-07-2004, 04:14 AM
on holiday in Berkeley from London, watching on Ch 7
im only watching because it has Keira in it. its OK but a bit boring
im not sure if thats that Malcolm Macdowell in it.
was this done before BILB?

Spire
11-07-2004, 04:41 AM
Yes, Princess of Thieves was made before BILB.

deviljet88
11-07-2004, 04:54 AM
Princess of Thieves is a telemovie anyway, so the standards aren't exactly BILB...

Kelsey
11-07-2004, 05:14 AM
on holiday in Berkeley from London...

Berkeley, California? I'm hoping to go to school there...do you like it?

And to keep this post on topic, I particularly like the archery scene in this movie. I did archery from 6th grade until 9th grade, and seeing this movie kind of made me want to get back into it. King Arthur too.

Richard
11-07-2004, 05:46 AM
I thought it was lame. Just because it was Disney is not an excuse for those ugly fake swords. But Keira was gorgeous, that's probably the only thing good about the movie and the only reason I ever decide to watch it again... which I haven't after owning it for over a year. I bought the DVD when I was heavy on everything Keira.

mufiman
11-07-2004, 06:21 AM
i thought it was really lame and boring. i didnt even finish it. i think i was watching it and reading a book at the same time. the whole archery scene where she spilts the arrow on the bullseye was just laughable, especially with the extra-lame f/x. id say it would be a 3/10 just because keira was in it.

Kapone USA
11-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Berkeley, California? I'm hoping to go to school there...do you like it?

Berkeleys a nice place to go to school apparently
plenty to do with san francisco close by

princess of thieves was lame but, yes, keira's in it so who cares.

frodo1511
11-07-2004, 07:03 PM
I thought it was a good, but at the same time, lame movie. Wooden swords, cardboard cutout arrows, c'mon! this is 2001 were talking about here! But I do agree with Richard that Keira was FINE in the movie(only reason I watched it) And another thing, wtf was up with robin? I know he is supposed to be old in the movie, but a belly, and white hair? a little old for my likeing:) j/k

mufiman
11-07-2004, 09:57 PM
I thought it was a good, but at the same time, lame movie. Wooden swords, cardboard cutout arrows, c'mon! this is 2001 were talking about here! But I do agree with Richard that Keira was FINE in the movie(only reason I watched it) And another thing, wtf was up with robin? I know he is supposed to be old in the movie, but a belly, and white hair? a little old for my likeing:) j/k

Robin is old because this story is about his daughter, not him. its supposed to take place later, which is why he is old.
"c'mon! this is 2001 were talking about here!"
2001 is the reason it had horrible props and f/x? LOTR came out in 2001... i dont think it has anything to do with the movie being made in the year 2001. i think a better explanation for it being so lame is that it is a Disney original TV movie. though i wonder how they got stars like malcolm mcdowell and jonathan hyde?

deviljet88
12-07-2004, 12:36 AM
Robin is old because this story is about his daughter, not him. its supposed to take place later, which is why he is old.
"c'mon! this is 2001 were talking about here!"
2001 is the reason it had horrible props and f/x? LOTR came out in 2001... i dont think it has anything to do with the movie being made in the year 2001. i think a better explanation for it being so lame is that it is a Disney original TV movie. though i wonder how they got stars like malcolm mcdowell and jonathan hyde?
Uhm, I think frodo did mean that because it was a 2001 movie it SHOULD'VE had decent props and good f/x. Ekk, nvm. Anyway, there's always something called a paycheque mufiman. But yeah, its some dodgy Disney Original TV movie, hitching KK before she was more famous.

mufiman
12-07-2004, 12:49 AM
Uhm, I think frodo did mean that because it was a 2001 movie it SHOULD'VE had decent props and good f/x. Ekk, nvm. Anyway, there's always something called a paycheque mufiman. But yeah, its some dodgy Disney Original TV movie, hitching KK before she was more famous.
i see what you mean by 2001, im sorry i misunderstood. and i do know what a paycheck is, im just surprised that they did the movie, especially when its..er, bad. pulled off a ben affleck.

Spire
12-07-2004, 01:01 AM
This is on my list of things to see along with Dr. Zhivago remake (which I'll undoubtedly have to find online).

Kapone USA
12-07-2004, 05:28 AM
This is on my list of things to see along with Dr. Zhivago remake (which I'll undoubtedly have to find online).

Depends where you live. Its out in the US as well as I saw it in borders books. Its definatly out in England. Awsome film

Spire
12-07-2004, 06:03 AM
The part of Texas I live is rather, errr...mainstream I guess you could say. The closest thing we have to a book/DVD/music store is a small Hastings, and their movie selection is crap. Unless I wandered on down to Austin, I probably wouldn't find it anywhere. Ordering online isn't really a problem, I just hate waiting for it to arrive.

Narg
12-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Im with Spire, although i will be getting the hole in the next couple of days, and i will also be getting the Original Dr Zhivago, due to a terrible mistake in my googling, and glares downloading :(, i cannot find the Dr zhivago with keira in it anyware, the same goes for princess of theives, i was lucky to find the hole.

frodo1511
12-07-2004, 11:47 PM
i see what you mean by 2001, im sorry i misunderstood. and i do know what a paycheck is, im just surprised that they did the movie, especially when its..er, bad. pulled off a ben affleck.

No problem mufiman. I just thought that, even a TV movie in 2001, there should've been decent f/x /sets. But, then, why did they hire "big" name actors to play the parts, but not beef up the graphics? :confused:

jetsniper
12-07-2004, 11:56 PM
for the first time on abc right now.

She just finished cutting her hair to "look like a boy".
........is it anygood? or am I wasting my time.....Does Keira do well?

It was decent I guess. To keep the thread from being a waste. Rate it.

6/10 (since Keira was in it other than that maybe a 2)

Argh....I found out ABC had it on Saturday, this morning. I was out at a concert and didn't know it was on. Had I known, I would've taped it. After reading this thread though, apparently I didn't miss much.

chillyfrog15
13-07-2004, 12:01 AM
But, then, why did they hire "big" name actors to play the parts, but not beef up the graphics?
Probably because the main audience for this movie could careless about the graphics. My friend and her 3 little sisters love this movie. Obviously if you cheap out on actors and on graphics no ones going to like it. At least if you've got good actors it's believable. At least, that's Disney's philosophy. :rolleyes:

frodo1511
13-07-2004, 12:10 AM
... At least if you've got good actors it's believable. At least, that's Disney's philosophy. :rolleyes:

Isn't that their physolophy(s/p) on movies now these days? <cough, Brother Bear, cough> ;)

Dimwit1600
29-12-2004, 05:06 AM
Could anyone record a video of her cutting her hair and email it to me. Or can I find a video of the haircut online.

Nick
29-12-2004, 08:31 AM
Oh well even if Princess of Thieves is a crappy movie every actor has to start somewhere. I knew a guy who was really into drama in high school and once we graduated he started pretty much acting for a living and he admits that he's had to take some pretty shitty parts in the past just to put bread on the table. And just think if Keira hadn't taken a few crappy parts in her earlier career then she wouldn't be where she is today.

KnightleyNews
29-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Could anyone record a video of her cutting her hair and email it to me. Or can I find a video of the haircut online. My email is crackerman@insightbb.com

You don't really see much of it, but here it is anyway (800kb):
http://www.keiraweb.com/pot6a.wmv

Paul

Dionysus
29-12-2004, 02:38 PM
well this seems to be an old thread that has popped up agin so.....

i saw it in the TV guide about 6 months ago and decided to tape it coz it was the midday movie, i watched it when i got home, and soon realised why it was on at noon and not primetime
it was pretty weak, the only reason i taped it was cos i knew Keira was in it, it looks like it was made on a budget of $200, the story was boring and the FX were horrific, and she deffinetly DIDN'T look like a boy by cutting her hair
the only thing good about this movie was Keira, she was actually very good in it, and she looked damn cute too

coz of Keira: 2/5

Dimwit1600
31-12-2004, 04:15 AM
Thanks KnightleyNews for the video, but was that the whole thing? They didn't show what she looked like afterwards. Anyway, thanks a lot.