PDA

View Full Version : *BIG SPOILERS* Harry Potter Discussion Thread!!

acliff
19-07-2005, 07:47 AM
If you haven't read it by now, you're criminally slow at reading.

I hate J K Rowling.
Discuss.

meegaan1
19-07-2005, 09:02 AM
I didn't like the ending where Harry Wasn't planning on going back to Hogwarts. I just didn't. And I was totally ticked that Snape turned out to be the double-sided douche I thought he was.

deviljet88
19-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Snape in the movies has a slight resemblance to Trent Reznor.

Ranman
19-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Snape looks like the villian in Robin Hood; Prince of Thieves

J'Adore
19-07-2005, 03:00 PM
http://www.livejournal.com/users/garlandgraves/3409.html?thread=63057#t63057

I'm really hoping the above person's theories regarding Snape killing Dumbledore are right. :(

ETA: For some reason, the link opens half way down the page. Scroll up!

Sarah
19-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Snape killing Dumbledore = planned. Why would Dumbledore plead for his life? No, I'm not buying it. ''Severus...please'' - I see that as ''Severus.. please... kill me... you know you have to''

Harry is a Horcrux in my opinion. I think Harry has to die in order for Voldermort to be destroyed. It all fits together! The scar represents the fact that he's got a seventh of Voldemort's soul living in him, and thats why he posesses so many qualities that Voldemort has got.

Jebus I can't wait for the last book. It's going to be incredible.

R.A.B is Sirius' brother, my opinion, anyway.

J.K.Rowling get writing book 7 now. Neglect your newborn baby and WRITE THE BOOK!

acliff
19-07-2005, 06:42 PM

Oh my god, he really does!!
Why do all villains look the same?!? :'(

J'Adore
20-07-2005, 04:30 PM
I don't think Harry is a Horcrux, but I do think Snape killed Dumbledore on Dumbledore's own orders. At the end of OotP, Dumbledore says something along the lines of "Severus, you know what to do", which to me, obviously suggests Snape goes back to being a double agent. The way he wouldn't kill Harry at the end, how Dumbledore asked Harry to get Snape... I still hate Snape for doing it though :(

deviljet88
21-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Is everyone going on about R.A.B. being Sirius' brother, because he's the only person that has the initials R and B (Regilius Black or whatever)? I just doubt its him, with no mention of him being all that strong either to get to the Horcrux, but I've got no better idea yet so hm. Harry being a Horcrux would be a good idea, though trying to destroy your own Horcrux would be ridiculous (Book 4 Duel at end?). How much younger is Ginny than Harry, I'm under the impression she's just some kiddie from previous books, but suddenly she's a teen?

Ardnax
21-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Ginny is one year younger than Harry.

deviljet88
21-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Oh? My mistake then, good on Harry.

marine
23-07-2005, 10:06 PM
She killed Sirius, she killed Dumbledore, I'm wondering if one of the Weasley's next.
Anyway that was quite good and I hope the last one won't get out 2 years. And I quite agree with Sarah about Harry. Since I started the books I have the feeling that Harry won't survive (even though I wish I'm wrong)

Leonie
24-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Hmm - I just finished it, and I think she did a shit job on the last 100 pages. Meh. Also, my my, what a surprise, Snape's the Half-Blood prince. I especially laughed at their attempts to disprove it being Harry's dad by using the publication date in the book - ever heard of using an old book?

Is Snape really big and bad? I bloody hope so. At the same time, Dumbledore honestly must have had some sort of secret knowledge about him, some reason to trust him... Dumbledore tends not to get fooled, ever. Look at what he knew about Malfoy after all.

Is Harry a Horcrux? I bloody hope he isn't. That would ruin the whole series. Dumbledore said that Voldemort was going to put a seventh of his soul in a new Horcrux after kililng Harry, because he liked a bit of symbolism, and preferred making Horcruces after big victories. Perhaps he was going to use Harry's corpse as one? This would explain why Harry has inhibited a lot of Voldemort's powers, and their 'special connection' which allows them to read each other's mind to a certain degree. The book says that Voldemorts deadly curse mirrored off Harry because of his mum, but what if he was making a Horcrux while trying to kill Harry and the killing bit went wrong?

The prophecy says that one of the two cannot live while the other does too. Voldemort cannot really live with a scattered soul, can he? And he cannot really live, i.e. regain all soul-y bits, if Harry is still alive. This would suggest that Harry is the one who'll end up dead, instead of Voldemort.

I'm hoping my theory is very very wrong, because it would totally suck. Also, it doesn't quite work out - ONE of them is said to stay alive, and at this stage, both of them are supposed to have a shot at winning. If Harry indeed is a Horcrux, that would mean there is no way he can survive if they want to bring Voldemort down. It's either both or neither then. Although... what if all bits of Voldemort's soul die, except for the bit Harry possesses? They would become one then, wouldn't they, which means that the prophecy would come true. I'm still hoping I'm wrong.

I haven't a clue who R.A.B. is, mostly because the Dutch names for all the characters are different. I doubt it's Sirius' brother - weren't they all leaning a bit to the dark side, except for Sirius?

Ashley
26-07-2005, 12:13 AM

Really? What are the odds?!

deviljet88
26-07-2005, 01:30 PM
I haven't a clue who R.A.B. is, mostly because the Dutch names for all the characters are different. I doubt it's Sirius' brother - weren't they all leaning a bit to the dark side, except for Sirius?

They were, but Regilius deserted Voldemort and was murdered.