PDA

View Full Version : My Friend Narg

Tim
15-07-2005, 08:53 AM
I am writing this to inform you that Brendon (aka Narg) has passed away in a tragic car accident. i realise that he posted here alot and i imagine that he was well liked and will be sorely missed, as all his friends miss him now. His younger brother Mathew also died in the car accident involving a head on with another car.

On behalf of all his friends i would like to say that life will never be the same without him and that he was one of the best people i ever met, i have lost my hero.

goodbye brendon and mathew.

P.S. if you have any pictures he has posted in the past his family would appreciate it if you could post them here as they have few recent photo's of him.

Liam
15-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Because of the nature of internet forums, I didn't really believe this at first. Then I checked a few Australian news websites, and came to the grim realisation that this is a genuine post.

I was one of the guys on this board that Brendon spoke to quite a bit. He was a top bloke and someone you could always depend on for a laugh. Its very, very sad and real waste for him to be gone. I've lost a friend and the forum community here has lost its favourite larrikin.

On behalf of the KKW Community I would like to offer sincere condolences to Brendon's family.

Rest in peace, mate. You will be sorely missed.

Leonie
15-07-2005, 10:25 AM
I kept hoping this wasn't true, but I'm afraid it is. This is one of those things you hope will turn out to be a sham.

I don't even know what to say... I feel so very sorry for his family and friends. His random laugh invoking posts will be missed, as I am sure he will be. Rest in peace, Brendon.

barrington
15-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Ouch, sorry to hear that.
Condolences from myself and The Wavefront to yourself and Family Narg, he will be missed. Rest in peace sir.

deviljet88
15-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Sure, some things Narg threatened to do if he saw me were horrible... but this passing away still sucks, and I'm sorry I haven't spoken as much to him as I used to when IRC was... thriving. RIP Brendon, a funny guy who will be missed by KKW Forum and the #kkw channel.

Leonie
15-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Short note just to let you know that we are trying to retrieve as much as possible of the KKW-related things Narg uploaded. If anybody has a soundclip or picture or whatever stored somewhere, do post and/or let Tim know.

Edit: The only picture I've found so far (from the Post Your Pics Thread):

http://tp.smarterbusinessonline.com/Narg/clanpulse.JPG

If I remember correctly, he's the fourth one from the left. I hope this is of help to his family.

duckula
15-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Damn shame. Sympathies go out to his friends and family. RIP.

Ardnax
15-07-2005, 11:53 AM
damn... I'm in shock... R.I.P.

KeirazBabe
15-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Deepest sympathies to Brendon,his friends and family <3

RIP

xXx

Foeni
15-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Bye funny man. You will be missed around here. We didn't talk to you that much, but it was fun when we did. My sincere condolences.

R.I.P.

hasselbrad
15-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Condolences to his family. As a parent, I can't imagine losing a child, let alone two at the same time. I hope and pray they find the strength to carry on.

I have to say, he was one of the funniest people on this site and I will miss his contributions.

frodo1511
15-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Narg was a huge contributer to this forum. He enjoyed what many here love: food, video games, movies, and Keira. This is a terrible blow to the Wavefront community, and no one will be able to fill his shoes.

Be at peace, Brendon.

marine
15-07-2005, 01:41 PM
RIP to Brandon and his brother and my sincere condolences to his family.

Keyser_so_so
15-07-2005, 02:18 PM
He had a great sense of humour and as far as I can remember was always careful to not offend people. As everyone else has said, he'll be sorely missed and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Tim
15-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the condolences. it brings a smile to my face to see that he had touched so many with his antics and comedic ways.

Renegade
15-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Wow, I seriously doubted this at first but I guess it's really true.

Narg was a cool guy. I'll miss talking to him on IRC about random shit like australian meat pies and movie posters.

R.I.P

bob
15-07-2005, 02:45 PM
that's upsetting.

Edward
15-07-2005, 03:45 PM
i remember talking to Narg a lot on IRC, shame his gone now

Dionysus
15-07-2005, 03:58 PM
holy shit. narg was a nice guy
thats really sad, i only talked to him a few times but he seemed really cool and i wish i had of talked to him more now

RIP mate

:(

Spire
15-07-2005, 04:22 PM
We used to be pretty good chums back in the IRC days. This forum will be all the shittier without him.

Rest in peace mate.

Jacoby
15-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Narg was an amazing guy. The very few times I would go to Irc, he was the only one who really treated me as a friend. This is horrible news, I hope he and his brother rest in peace.

The .mov clip of Narg was probably one of my favorite things I've ever seen on the KKW site, I don't know what it is about it, it's just great. I think it captures his personality. Rest in peace, Narg.

Richard
15-07-2005, 07:37 PM
My condolences to his family and friends. It's a real tragedy and a great loss to the Wavefront community. I'm happy to have had the pleasure of knowing Narg, as little as that may have been. Regardless, goodbye old friend. May you rest in peace.

acliff
15-07-2005, 09:23 PM
He had a great sense of humour and as far as I can remember was always careful to not offend people. As everyone else has said, he'll be sorely missed and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Haha, you joker, careful not to offend people? Narg?
His gritty sense of humour is one of the things that I will miss...
RIP

frodo1511
15-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Not to offend anyone or anything, but has a member of KKW ever passed away that you know about, besides Narg?

Honestly, this is the first time I knew someone via the internet that has passed away, and you know what? It's actually very sad. I mean, I never really knew him per se, but everything that he did and said was a good contribution to the forums.

hasselbrad
15-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Haha, you joker, careful not to offend people? Narg?
His gritty sense of humour is one of the things that I will miss...
RIP

He was kind of like Don Rickles, he could skewer you and make you laugh instead of getting all hurt and pissy.

EmotionSickness
16-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Honestly, this is the first time I knew someone via the internet that has passed away, and you know what? It's actually very sad. I mean, I never really knew him per se, but everything that he did and said was a good contribution to the forums.

Actually, I had a friend pass away from cancer just a few months ago and, needless to say, the fact that he was (by outside definition) labeled an "Internet friend" did not make his passing any easier or any less tragic to me.

This is a very sad day. My thoughts and prayers are with Brendon's family through this very difficult time. He will be missed terribly ... he was a very unique individual and, like Spire said, this board is going to suck all the more without him.

Scott
16-07-2005, 03:31 AM
RIP

I found a movie Narg uploaded a few months back on my computer. It's the one where they are driving the car with the McDonald's trays. I don't have any webspace, but I could email it if anyone wants it.

Bait
16-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Narg died? :\ he was one of the first people i talked to in irc besides glare...and jet of course :P

sad he died. i liked talking to him about cars (he was very fond of his silvia) and just random stuff especially about australia and how i was going to visit him and jet. He was very funny especially with his sound clips he made mocking people.

i had them saved at one point but i guess i deleted the files. i remember the one where he talked "texan" like spire and others... made irc fun. didnt he have his files on his own website...if anyone remembers what it was? they were from a year ago though so i dont know if he kept them up.

bob
16-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Does anyone have the sound samples he made???, the funny things he recorded.
he sent me a recording of his impersonation of an asian fob. the sound clip's on my old comp though (i hope so, at least) but the hard-drive's been removed so i can't access it yet.

Kittah
16-07-2005, 12:44 PM
I've only just joined, but I used to peruse the threads that appeared on the main page and Narg is a name I remember. Sad to hear of his departure, even if I never knew him. Much respect to a Silvia owner and name I recognise from a forum I rarely visit regardless.

deviljet88
16-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Brief correction, wasn't the white Silvia his mates and the maroon Laser his?

Btw to FlightFreak's post..., "Kkw is cool except for Jet he's a toolbox", that was hilarious... *sigh* If anyone finds it, I'd like it as well.

RIP Narg
16-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Ashlyn told me the news last night and at first I didn't believe her. I thought it might be like, a metaphorical thing, when people say stuff like "the phone line is dead" or something. And then I thought it was a sick joke.

Yes, it's Haz, but I trust people can see from the screen name that this is a one-time-only thing. I also hope people don't mind that I felt the need to pay my respects, since, believe it or not, I was quite upset to hear the news. I was gutted, and I had to express my feelings. I hope also that Brendon's friends would like to see lots of people who knew him on here to express how they felt about him and I hope it in some way eases their loss to hear in what a high regard he was held here.

Whilst myself and Brendon, as many here know, didn't always see eye to eye, I always thought a lot of his piss-taking was just about having a laugh. The one thing you could say about a Narg put-down was that instead of making you angry and want to retaliate I often had to stand back and admire just how good he was at them. Even if we weren't the best of friends I do hope there was mutual respect. I can't speak for him, but I know I respected him and I think both KKW and more importantly, the world, are much sadder, emptier places without him.

He was the life and soul of this place at times, and I'm sure that reflected his presence in his circle of friends too. I'm sure he leaves behind a lot of people who'll be missing him terribly right now, but I'm sure he also leaves them all some wonderful memories.

A true character, and a man that will be sorely missed by all.

RIP Brendon. I hope that wherever you are you're drinking a beer and taking the piss out of us all still. Go on, I'll even let you get in a cheap shot at me :).

child of the revolution
16-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Hi, I'm pretty new, so I did never got to know Narg, but I thought I still wanted to show my respect so: RIP Narg, to family and friends: I'm sorry for your lost.

Mandy
16-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Honestly, my worst fear was that something like this from KKW would happen, but none of us would hear about it. Thank God someone let us know. If his family happens to run across this, I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I can't begin to imagine the hardship you're facing.

There are some mp3's floating around with Narg and I from TeamSpeak. They should get posted soon.

RIP Narg
16-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I think I have an MP3 from Narg somewhere. And that sample he did on Pieter's mate's band's song. I think it's on my other computer, because I can't find it here, but if I locate it, as I told Pieter, I'll put it up.

I also suggested to Pieter it might be nice if some of Brendon's mates from here like himself, Liam, Parox, Jet etc got together to make a proper condolences webpage with some stuff in tribute. Clips, pictures, people's funny stories, just anything that reminds people of Brendon. Just so that we never forget.

I think he'd quite like that. Also, as I said to Pieter, I'm sure wherever he is he's having a beer, looking down at us all rather upset at his passing and thinking "Fags!". Hehe, at least that's the Narg I remember.

I must confess I regret never letting him know that I respected and liked him, or getting to know him better. What I did know I can say I did like. An honest upstanding bloke, and the world could do with more of those.

If I find any clips, I'll be back to put them up, if not, adios.

Peace be with you Brendon.

meegaan1
16-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Wow...Rest in peace Narg, I didn't talk to you, but your posts were awesome...My condolences and sympathies to his family and friends.

PhoeniX
17-07-2005, 01:03 PM
I didn't really know Narg, but what I did know of him I liked, he was a funny guy and I will miss him.

Mandy
17-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Piete, you're more than welcome to post up the stuff I sent you.

Ranman
19-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Friday night, at my Birthday party I made about 10 toast to Narg's name.
Then I had 3 encounters in which I yelled "This one's for you Narg".
One thing for sure people will be asking for years to come
Who or What is a Narg

I'm sure your off to a far better place my friend.

Sarah
19-07-2005, 06:50 PM
I've only just noticed this thread.

I honestly can't believe he's dead. :( It's awful. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. What if no one had known he posted here? We might never have known...!

Liam
20-07-2005, 03:33 PM
I found a newspaper article about Brendon and Mathew here (http://maitland.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=news&subclass=local&category=general%20news&story_id=409308&y=2005&m=7)

hasselbrad
20-07-2005, 03:55 PM
I found a newspaper article about Brendon and Mathew here (http://maitland.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=news&subclass=local&category=general%20news&story_id=409308&y=2005&m=7)

This is so tragic. I don't know how a parent could cope with losing two children at the same time.

Oencross
20-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Wow, it seems as though each year, more and more people I know pass away. God, this is just one of those things no one really expects to hear about over the internet, and it's just one of those horribly tragic things. Narg, Brenden, although I spoke to you only a few times, you will be sorely missed by this community and the friends and family you left behind RIP.

Liam
30-07-2005, 06:35 PM
If you look at the biography page and click on comments, there is a message left by Brendon's mother and sister.

Its good to know that our messages have made it through.

Naked -Mole-Rat
10-08-2005, 12:15 PM
shame to lose anyone like this...s'pecially a fellow Aussie i could relate to.

I checked some of Narg's old postings, funny kid. God bless his remaining family.

...Such is life
-Ned Kelly 1880

CollisionStar
10-08-2005, 06:15 PM
I've had my computer in the shop for nearly a month guys. I feel really out of the loop. And now I come back to this.

Narg and I really didn't get along honestly. I found him a bit too abrasive, and frankly, sometimes a moron. However, I admired his downright courage to be so. I really will miss him.

NearokA
11-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Whoa,

I never knew the guy personally, but always a damn shame when someone dies too young. My condolences.

:icon_mecr :icon_mecr :icon_mecr

bruman
11-08-2005, 07:13 PM
omg, just found this out :s
i never spoke to him, a shame :(

my condolences to his family in this hard time

michael22
12-08-2005, 05:32 AM
though I barely knew my condolenses to you all

AureaMediocritas
16-08-2005, 09:11 PM
http://www.ripgilson.org

Well done, Pete. I guess the style of the homepage is appropriate (especially
the quote "I have the strange need to......" hrhr).

DragonRat
13-10-2005, 07:53 AM
For the time I conversed with him on IRC, he was one of the better people of the forums. My condolences go out to his family.

Such tragedy never has a meaning. Yet, as one recognizes the transience of life and the infinitely powerful effect that a single person could have on others, let us hope that such tragedy will not go in vain. Though I may have never known him personally, I am all the more a better person for knowing him at all.

RIP Brendan. You will be missed sorely and surely.