PDA

View Full Version : Who were you in high school?

Richard
09-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Since most of us are either finished with high school or still enrolled, all of us can easily identify ourselves as one of the labels below. If you don't believe in labels, that's fine, but don't we all fall under a certain crowd? I think so.

Popular
Unpopular
Loner
A brain
A jock
A ghost
A nerd
etc...

Just curious. I was unpopular.

Jacoby
10-07-2005, 01:32 AM
I was uncool popular. Everyone knew me, and I hung out with some popular kids, but I didn't realloy get invited to any cool-kid parties or anything. I liked it this way, 'cus people knew me, but I didn't do douche things.

Narg
10-07-2005, 01:40 AM
I was an attention seeking idiot, that did alot of stupid things. Some people thought i was funny for it, others thought i was a dick. meh~

Ashley
10-07-2005, 01:47 AM
I fall into the same as Jake, I had friends who were "popular" but it wasn't until later I realized popular meant moronic douchebag. I was queen of the winter dance as well, so I dunno, I beat out a lot of the douchebags for that "honor"... truth be told I was thrilled. You could stamp drama nerd on me as well.

frodo1511
10-07-2005, 03:09 AM
Mostly known around school, but, until my Junior year, I never really got to know the Senior class very well. I'm not uber-popular, but I know enough people to know what's good and what to stay away from.

Also, I guess I'm kind of a jock, if you call Golf team captain a jock...

Jacoby
10-07-2005, 03:11 AM
if you call Golf team captain a jock...

You don't.

Spire
10-07-2005, 03:18 AM
Depends on the year.

Freshman - The class clown/dork. The highlight being that during the Studen Council elections, I ran a campaign (putting up posters all over the place) for a character that didn't exist (Mr. Plow, a Simpsons refrence). And as chance would have it, he got the most votes! Unfortunately they handed the title to the runner-up.

Sophmore - Hung out with the theater geeks, but wasn't one. Generally regarded as quirky guy.

Junior - One of my good friends moved away and all ties with theater group severed. Became a total geek, all my friends were Seniors (still good friends with them, actually. Just spent a weekend in Dallas with them).

Senior - Total geek, exactly half of my classes were computer classes, spend most of my day on the web. All of my other classes were AP classes for college credit.

Interesting note: I wore a tie every single day of my HS career, always with a pair of khaki's and an untucked dress shirt. Not because I was trying to make a fashion statement, but simply because it felt right and the tie created many interesting situations. Plus I could tape test answers to the back of my tie.

Oh, and I hated high school. Not as bad as Junior High, but it was pretty fucking boring.

frodo1511
10-07-2005, 03:22 AM
You don't.

I didn't think it counted, but I threw it in the hat for grins.

gracie
10-07-2005, 04:07 AM
my school was small, didnt really have cliques and i would avoid labels. but i mean i was friends with pretty much everybody, played two varsity sports. however i did dress well outside the uniform, take pride in having cut/highlighted hair and wearing my makeup and accessories well. i was part of the crowd who threw/went to parties and drank. i had lots of guy friends and dated alot. i liked what was considered indie or fringe music. so i guess if you take all that with my emphatic denial that my school didnt really have labels and look at it objectively, i would say outgoing, and popular.

deviljet88
10-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Guy most people knew and were friendly to without actually being real friends. I'd put myself in loner and nerd nonetheless.

Ardnax
10-07-2005, 09:47 AM
hmmm, lets see... Unpopular, nerd, loner and the one everybody bullied. School is sooo much fun!

duckula
10-07-2005, 10:54 AM
I was bored.

Dionysus
10-07-2005, 01:08 PM
well there wasnt that many people at my school, only about 100 in each year, so everyone sorta knew everyone

i wasnt unpopular, i would talk to anyone and anyone would talk to me, but i wasnt the most popular person either, pretty average
i hung out with a strange group of people, we were musicians/hippies, sport types, nerds, general popular, under achievers, over achievers etc, i guess i was a musician/hippy coz of the fact i had LONG hair and a guitar with me all the time :D

Sarah
10-07-2005, 01:14 PM
I had popular friends, and geeky friends. I was in the middle, I didn't take sides, never fell out with anyone. I was the happy medium.

Liam
10-07-2005, 02:39 PM
I was a combination of class clown, over achiever, under achiever, and all round geek.

Generally quite popular, but with a few sworn enemies whom I would like to eviscerate to this day.

frodo1511
10-07-2005, 02:40 PM
^Me too. I'm kind of the middle man for each type.

acliff
10-07-2005, 05:27 PM
I was a stubborn, opinionated, loud, obnoxious, self absorbed over achiever.

'What changed!!' I hear you cry.

marine
10-07-2005, 06:23 PM
I guess people mostly perceived me as a nerd and a loner.
I was excessively quiet, a good student. I had a few friends but I didn't mind spending my time alone. I never fitted.

Leonie
10-07-2005, 07:05 PM
I was always a bit of a loner, having a taste in music that differed from the trance-obsessed classmates. Very opinionated, loved discussions (still do), incredibly stubborn. I spent most of my time at school in the library, as I was extremely bored in classes and generally got permission to leave (because I wouldn't think of breaking the rules. How times have changed...) I didn't get along with the bitches that ruled my year, so that was a little... inconvenient, but I was never quiet. Even then, I was rather sarcastic, so I'd have a few semi-funny remarks every now and then.

I was hardly popular, but I always had friends. I tended to hang out with people who were a few years up.

In terms of grades etc., I suppose I was a brain. I could have done oh so much better, but I didn't really do any work the last two years because I discovered I didn't necessarily have to in order to get reasonably OK grades. I guess that hasn't changed much then, has it? :icon_bigg

marine
10-07-2005, 07:13 PM
hmmm, lets see... Unpopular, nerd, loner and the one everybody bullied. School is sooo much fun!

with a little bit of luck it will change when you'll be in a different school or in College. I enjoyed my first year College/University much more than I enjoyed my time in Junior High and High School put together.

AureaMediocritas
10-07-2005, 08:59 PM
I ´ll always miss the good old college days. Getting along with everybody,
having fun during the weekends with so-called "mates" or getting invited to
parties seems terribly easy as long as you tolerate everyone´s individuality.
The same seems true for more or less entertaining or profound discussions.

There only remains a fundamental difference between "mates" and "friends"; the
latter are much more difficult to be found, therefore considerably rarer.

Renegade
10-07-2005, 09:53 PM
I came into a high school an academic nerd. Then sophomore year I became a slacker. Then this last year I became an academic nerd again because I realized there was a thing called college.

I'm not really a jock or a loner. I guess you can call me your average joe.

seventhson
11-07-2005, 01:48 AM
Head, stoner, artist, scientist, SPA:SuperPartyAnimal...High?, school?...uhh, I can't remember, dude...It was 1979 and we just burned a big fat-one behind the garage before we walked to class that morning. Do you have any E-Z-Widers or am I gonna have to use those Club papers without any stickum? "I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer...The future's uncertain and the end is always near...Let it roll baby roll, let it roll baby roll,...all night long."

Is this "Disco Sucks" t-shirt OK to wear at school, Mr. Smith, or is it against the dress code? No, your hair is too long, burn-out.

Peace,
;-/ SeventhSon \-;

Pygmalion
11-07-2005, 01:52 AM
We had a small year so to be a loser you had to be REALLY REALLY hated.
I guess I fell into the popular group, my best friends were the popular people. Does that make me one? I don't know.

Ashley
11-07-2005, 02:38 AM
I was voted class clown, I had friends all over the map. My high school only had 200 people so you pretty much knew everyone unless you were an asshole and didn't bother, which I wasn't.

I almost miss high school.

bob
11-07-2005, 04:23 AM
uncool popular, pseudo-jock, underachiever and part-time class clown.

liked high school, hate uni.

frodo1511
11-07-2005, 06:10 AM
Our school has about 100 seniors, 125 juniors 120 sophomores, and 130 freshmen.

Not that big of a school, but it's normal for the the prey to outnumber the predators.

Bait
11-07-2005, 08:17 AM
my school is pretty big (~1700 people) but i would say im semi-popular/class clown/sarcastic/slacker yet nerdy (because of my classes). i have a lot of friends, i do varsity track, go to parties and i make friends easily (although more than half arent even in my classes).

I am in IB (similar to AP) classes which is like a small school in itself and everyone knows me in there but i dont really like everyone because they are too nerdy...seriously 3/4 dont even go out on the weekends (not just party/drink/sex/orgy/drugs/smoke but actually leave their house)...in my classes though everyone knows me as a slacker/class clown because i dont really do my homework and i cheat on some stuff so im really only friends with the other 1/4 of the IB students.

btw the people in my classes that thought i was stupid or something...well lets just say my SAT scores raped theirs and they all shut up...so i act the elitist part and piss them off so much in class.

Scott
11-07-2005, 09:43 AM
I'm the guy who gets sent to the principal's office

Narg
11-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Everyone knew i was a geek. played video games and pc games, but nobody really hated me except a select few. It was that mutual hatred in which u never speak to each other. I talked to everyone and most people in my year knew i was a decent funny guy. Yeah I'm funny in real life, thats what people said / say anyway. Not many people dislike the funny guy, but the funny guy often gets in shit for acting like an idiot in class. Our uniform was black shorts and a white shirt with black shoes, i wore black jeans, black globes, and a slipknot / metalica (insert metal band here) shirt underneath. I wasnt cool, but most people liked me.

Richard
13-07-2005, 09:34 PM
I remember someone saying to me at graduation that I helped many people graduate. I didn't think anything of it at the time but now that I've thought about it... Michael and Ricardo actually did pass World History because of me. See, my motto is this... there will come a time when I won't be there anymore and they will be fucked. It's not very nice on my part is it? But in time, hopefully they will learn, and they got a free ride.

hasselbrad
13-07-2005, 09:51 PM
High school? I don't remember high school. ;)