PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist Attacks in London

Sarah
07-07-2005, 10:03 AM
It was only a matter of time before this happened. Everyone said it was power surges at first, but it isn't, its bombs on the underground and on buses.

Hope all the KKwavers in London are ok.

deviljet88
07-07-2005, 10:09 AM
They disrupted the cricket for it. Obviously big news. Are they saying how many dead, if any, because all they're saying is at least 90 people injured in the underground attacks?

duckula
07-07-2005, 10:09 AM
This shit is fucked. My dad is at the Hampton Court Flower Show instead of up at work in London, which is good. I suppose it was gonna happen sooner or later.

barrington
07-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Hmm... Four underground stations and Three busses have gone boom so far. Obviously all co-ordinated, I dont think anything else will happen now. At least 90 casualties in one station right now. Shit. Well, its finally happened I suppose....

I hope everyone's okay on the wavefront.

J'Adore
07-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Jesus, I hope you're all ok....it seems a lifetime ago that people were in London celebrating getting the Olympics...

duckula
07-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Seems the word is that it is Al-Qaeda. Sounds right to me.

bruman
07-07-2005, 10:39 AM
ow shit
just read it in a online newspaper
the basterds >_<

Digital_Ice
07-07-2005, 11:04 AM
police have confirmed 5 train bombs and one bus bomb. and have confimed two fatalities at algate station.

do you think this attack was deliberatly planned to take place on the last day of the g8 summit?

J'Adore
07-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Tony Blair has confirmed it's terrorist attacks. I'm working in a hospital over in SE London, and they've just evacuated Guy's hospital. Has everyone heard from family who are over there?

ETA: Sorry, just to clarify, A&E of Guy's is still open.

duckula
07-07-2005, 11:11 AM
It seems that way.

hasselbrad
07-07-2005, 12:42 PM
First off, I hope everyone, and everyone's family, is alright. I guess it goes without saying that the citizens of Great Britain are in my thoughts and prayers.

Apparently, these scumbags have never seen a history book. A nation that stood defiantly against the Luftwaffe in 1940 won't be knocked off its pegs by a handful of cowards in vests made of C4.
All I could think of while watching the news coverage this morning was how utterly calm and composed people were. Matter of factly giving interviews with their faces chewed up and heads wrapped in bandages.
Stiff upper lip, indeed.

deviljet88
07-07-2005, 12:50 PM
I think it was more packages left on public transport, not suicide bombers. Otherwise, agree totally. I do hope no one else has to suffer for having a stiff upper lip.

hasselbrad
07-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Packages left? Even more cowardly. Our news reports hadn't mentioned that, yet.

KnightleyNews
07-07-2005, 01:41 PM
45 dead now. Likely to rise fast when the Tube carnage is sifted.
1000+ injured.

Photo from a cameraphone outside a trapped Tube train. Emergency lighting on:
http://flickr.com/photos/qwghlm/24230239/

The Guardian has a rolling blog with eyewitness accounts and photos:
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/news/

Again, hope everyone's folks are OK.
Incredible how London's news can go from one so ecstatic this time yesterday to one so tragic today.

Paul

Renegade
07-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Whoa, I just woke up and it's about 7:42 AM. I just heard of the terrorist attacks on London. They wouldn't divulge much details on the news channel I was watching so I decided to go on KKW and see what really happened.

Be safe Londoners.

Oencross
07-07-2005, 02:54 PM
DIE TERRORISTS, JUST DIE DAMN IT!!! What does this accomplish in the slightest? Proof that life can extinguish in a mere moment? I don't even know what to say, this just puts me into a state of extreme anger.

Condolences to anyone who knows anyone that was involved in this horrible turn of events. Everyone please be safe. I hope everyone is alright.

Regards,
Oen

Digital_Ice
07-07-2005, 03:25 PM
can someone please explain to me, why, of all the headlines to croll accross bbc news 24's "london terror alert" news ticker.... one of them was "...bin bags will not be collected today..."

Apparently, these scumbags have never seen a history book. A nation that stood defiantly against the Luftwaffe in 1940 won't be knocked off its pegs by a handful of cowards in vests made of C4.
All I could think of while watching the news coverage this morning was how utterly calm and composed people were. Matter of factly giving interviews with their faces chewed up and heads wrapped in bandages.
Stiff upper lip, indeed.

i must admit... you're right.... we are being very "british" about this!

Jacoby
07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Al-Qaeda... is so gay. It's horrible to hear about it. It's got to be so tough losing someone to something as idiotic as terrorism. I hope everyone from the wavefront, and their families, is safe.

Spire
07-07-2005, 03:47 PM
/am sad

Sarah
07-07-2005, 05:00 PM
can someone please explain to me, why, of all the headlines to croll accross bbc news 24's "london terror alert" news ticker.... one of them was "...bin bags will not be collected today..."

Because ANYTHING could be in the bin bags, The people of London were being told not to put them out... we're on high alert, more bombs could be found, and they don't want bags around looking dodgy.

Mandy
07-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Man, sorry to hear about it...It was bad enough when it happened to the US.

meegaan1
07-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Oh my gosh...I just woke up, and my mom left a note for me that THIS has happened...
I hope everyone at KKW is ok, and my condolences and sympathies to all who lost their loved ones.

Keyser_so_so
07-07-2005, 05:33 PM
We've had even worse from the IRA, so we're used to it...

... But one thing I can't understand is that the extremists never understand that blowing themselves up and killing others doesn't do a fucking thing to change the situation they feel they are trapped in or are taking revenge for. Talking is the only way to sort stuff out, but somehow I feel these people are too brainwashed and braindead that they don't understand.

And another thing (in the case of religious attacks): I'm pretty sure no God would ask people to kill for them. Maybe they might ask someone to die for them (if they're feeling a bit moody/working in mysterious ways and stuff), but never to kill other people.

So all in all, expect us to react with as much strength as ever.

Kelsey
07-07-2005, 05:35 PM
37 dead now, and it is likely more are to be announced with this whole bus thing. Last I checked, police were telling everyone to run as quickly as they can away from one station where they had another suspicious package, and that was just a few minutes ago.

I really hope everyone is alright. You all were the first I thought of as soon as I heard about it.

esmuneca
07-07-2005, 06:11 PM
The last time I looked at MSN.com, I read that 37 are confirmed dead, 700 hurt and 45 are serious.I was totally heart broken when I heard the news about what happen. I knew it was only a matter of time before something like this happen again. :icon_conf Iam just so sad about the whole thing, I just pray the the Lord will give comfort to the families of the victims, and the He may bring justice to these who carried out this horrible event. May God keep you always remember he is with you.

frodo1511
07-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Anyone hear if this is at all related to London finding out it'll host the 2012 Olympics?

This is a very sad day. I woke up at 8:30, turned on the Today show, and found out about it around 9am. I remember going to King's Cross when I traveled to London a couple years ago, so that was a bit freaky.

Ashley
07-07-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm amazed at the British being so calm. I was at work when I first heard so I didn't see a TV or anything but I got home and turned on the news and the people were just so calm. Hope everyone and their families in the KKW fam is well.

hasselbrad
07-07-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm amazed at the British being so calm. I was at work when I first heard so I didn't see a TV or anything but I got home and turned on the news and the people were just so calm. Hope everyone and their families in the KKW fam is well.

"Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way" -Pink Floyd

Digital_Ice
07-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Because ANYTHING could be in the bin bags, The people of London were being told not to put them out... we're on high alert, more bombs could be found, and they don't want bags around looking dodgy.

Thankyou!!!

that had me wonderfully confused, i was wondering why anyone cared about bin bags atm, but that makes sense! lol

meegaan1
07-07-2005, 09:57 PM
I remember going to King's Cross when I traveled to London a couple years ago, so that was a bit freaky.
Just last month I went to London, and we stayed near King's Cross, and used the station as our way to get around. It made me thankful that we took our tour last month instead of right now, because who knows what could have happened?

Sarah
07-07-2005, 09:58 PM
On the note of everyone being so calm, I am amazed about it. The emergency services have trained for this and they handled it so well. I'm really proud of them. I've been watching footage of people and they were all so calm, no running around mental and screaming, just calm and organised.

They've even started to open up the roads that were closed. The bloke on the news said London is already starting to ''slowly get back to normal''.

Jesus, talk about taking it in your stride.

duckula
07-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Its all good. We will get the fuckers who did this and make them pay. We will not be bowed or broken.

Sarah
07-07-2005, 10:06 PM
castrate them, Duckula

duckula
07-07-2005, 10:23 PM
If it was my job, I'd go a few steps further (one step at a time though).

captscott
07-07-2005, 10:34 PM
I am speechless, just speechless. As an American, and Navy Veteran, let me just say how much I admire British resolve. I hope everyone at KKW is alright.
You got brothers across the pond. We're with you 100 percent!

hasselbrad
07-07-2005, 10:55 PM
castrate them, Duckula

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/44974/2/close_up_rusty_razor_blade_005.jpg

marine
07-07-2005, 11:43 PM
just got back from the office and I'm watching the news. Hope eveyone's ok, the hard things is not able to get in touch with the one you know there. Hope everyone's there is ok

Leonie
14-07-2005, 09:59 PM
If anyone is up for some serious reading, and a little more information on what it has been like to actually be the witness and victim of the bomb on the Piccadilly line, I suggest you read this woman's diary (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4670099.stm). She was actually in the carriage in which the bomb was placed, but managed to get out safely, a massive gash in her arm being the most severe physical wound. This diary gives you an interesting insight into the mental damage the attacks have done. I take my hat off to Rachel who wrote this, for telling the world, and being this brave.

acliff
16-07-2005, 07:26 PM
The Sun (tabloid trash, and it shows) newspaper had an article about the 2 minute silence the other day. Naturally they paid their respects, and talked about Briton's tenacity and strength of mind.

However, they felt the need to mention that 'the star Keira Knightley was also there to pay respects'. Followed by a picture.
They fall short of saying 'the star Keira Knightley, of such films as Bend it like Beckham, the Hole, pirates of the carribean, and the Jacket was there, and weren't we good for pointing this out?'

I don't like the Sun.

child of the revolution
17-07-2005, 09:21 AM
It doesn't surprise me that a newspaper would write it, but I'm pretty sure that the people who has lost some one doesn't care... I think it's cool that she shows her respect, but it is stupid that the newspaper use it to make more money.

Well, my deepest respect to everyone involved... I hope that everybody at kkw is okay, and nobody has lost anyone.

duckula
21-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Seems some jokers have tried to do it again.

Keyser_so_so
21-07-2005, 02:47 PM
You'd think that loads of big fat pointers on TV that Islam and everyone else thinks extremism is very stupid and pointless would set these goons straight.

There'll always be soft brains for brainwashing, and there'll always be good, innocent people to get caught in the brainwashed's actions.

hasselbrad
21-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Seems some jokers have tried to do it again.

I'm available for strenuous information extraction, if need be.
Pliers...check
Blowtorch...check
Car battery...check

Cool beans, the kit's all here.

Seriously, I hope any and all in London are fine.

Leonie
29-07-2005, 01:49 PM
"BBC World - Putting News First"

And spell and grammar check second. I love how their news ticker said "Arrested man thought to bomb suspect." I ran down to my room to grab my camera, but just as I got back, it disappeared. I could almost hear the BBC ticker bloke go "Fuck fuck fuck fuck!". About 15 seconds later, "Arrested man thought to be bomb suspect." appeared. heh.

hasselbrad
29-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Kudos to your police. I've been watching how they made the four arrests. Very efficient. Very clean.
Now, get messy and torture the fucking hell out of the bastards. :D

PhoeniX
02-08-2005, 05:04 PM
I find it quite scary how MI:5 found that guy in Italy by tracking his mobile phone signal, and that they can listen into your phone conversations.

Leonie
02-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Why? I think it's excellent. They can listen to my conversations as much as they please, I haven't got anything to hide. I'm sure no policer officer of whatever rank or cool gun-owning special force will give a damn about my regular day to day chats.

If they can stop bombing cowards by tracking their phones, then good on them I say. Even if they came across embarrassing information on me, they wouldn't be allowed to even mention it unless I did something illegal (..enough to allow phone break ins) and it was relevant to the case. Why worry?

bruman
02-08-2005, 06:15 PM
if they are tracking my phone, i'd tell as much bad about bush, .....
telling i have bombs in my home
and they can torture me, cos i didnt do shit :P

ps: they cant trace and listen to my convos cos i dont have a mobile :P

Leonie
02-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Aren't you unlucky, the police being able to track any kind of phone and all. What do you think they did in the pre-mobile era?

deviljet88
03-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Ooo ooo, undercover cops and stalkers and stuff!

Keyser_so_so
03-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Trust me, the special forces are busy enough to not want to listen in on someone talking to their friend or whatever, or giving away embarrassing secrets.

They're more interested in secrets that lead them to solving cases.

Digital_Ice
03-08-2005, 05:29 PM
in the USA and Britain (and maybe some other countries, i don't know) there are in fact certain trigger words that when said in a landline phone conversation, will automatically cause a recording to be made of your conversation.... i can sense you don't believe me... but its true...

certain words like terrorist, pentagon, bomb, Al qaeda (sp?), bin laden... etc..

acliff
03-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Yes well, if you're on the phone telling your mate that you're going to bomb the white house in 3 days, and you've got all the equipment ready, don't you think they'd be interested in your conversation?

If I said those words I'd fucking hope they'd be listening, so that when a real terrorist was saying those words they'd be listening to that too.
So what, you'd rather you had completely secret conversations? I guess that would mean terrorists would go back to using phones for coordinating their attacks.

Digital_Ice
03-08-2005, 10:33 PM
i never said it was a bad idea, i think its a damn smart idea... all i was doing was informing, not voicing my opinion.

mike
07-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Frankly I think it's a poor reflection on the state of the tube that one of them had to take the bus!

also has anyone elses heard the rumor that one of the 3 armed coppers at stockewll is reputed to have used his camera phone.
Its belived this could be the first recorded instance of "Happy slotting" ?? :icon_icon