PDA

View Full Version : Fave Keira movie

Pages : [1] 2

endless_youth
04-07-2005, 01:59 AM
I just now finished watching King Arthur for the umpteenth time. I think that this was her best film yet. Anyone agree or disagree? (Also, I love her hair in the film. I wish it was still long and brown)

Jacoby
04-07-2005, 02:08 AM
I would like to see Pure or Zhivago. So far the best Keira movie I've seen was Love, Actually. It was surprisingly enjoyable, even though Keira wasn't on screen too much. She did look nice when she was, though.

endless_youth
04-07-2005, 02:11 AM
I have Doctor Zhivago. It is amazing- she was great in it and I cry in all the same parts everytime

Dyce_Blue
04-07-2005, 02:33 AM
Well I think Bend it Like Beckham was her most realistic performance, but I really like The Hole, even though her character sucked, and she really wasn't very important at all.

frodo1511
04-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Love Actually.

Probably not totally for her role, I just think Rowan Atkinson is God.

JackYang
04-07-2005, 04:57 AM
King arthur, love actually, and um POTC

Richard
04-07-2005, 05:18 AM
I'm gonna have to go with Pirates of the Caribbean, only because she was incredibly hot in that movie. Then, maybe, The Hole.

Pirates of the Caribbean > The Hole > Dr. Zhivago > Love Actually > Bend It Like Beckham > Princess Of Thieves > King Arthur.

Digital_Ice
04-07-2005, 07:38 AM
I really like The Hole, even though her character sucked, and she really wasn't very important at all.

...i wonder why....

i'd have to say.... Love Actually and Pirates of the Caribbean... or King Arthur...

Leonie
04-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Doctor Zhivago. She's awesome in it, and the ending made me cry.

To be honest, the worst Keira performance so far, in my opinion, was King Arthur. Either the director was meddling with how things were to be said, or she just had an off day when they recorded the 'trailer' scene, where Guinevere is burning Arthur. However, the nice scenery, the whole atmosphere of the movie makes up for the Keira fuck up and Clive Owen's dreadful attempt at acting, so it wasn't too bad to watch after all.

Digital_Ice
04-07-2005, 07:52 AM
see, i took the question as favourite movie that keira was in.. not her best acting performance (maybe thats just me)

I've never seen Dr Zhivago... i take it you recomend i do?

Leonie
04-07-2005, 08:09 AM
see, i took the question as favourite movie that keira was in.. not her best acting performance (maybe thats just me)

I've never seen Dr Zhivago... i take it you recomend i do?
Well, either way, I think King Arthur was the worst (Clive Owen totally ruined that one), and Doctor Zhivago the best.

The acting in it is brilliant, the story heartbreaking and the scenery is beautiful. I very much recommend it indeed. The lunch-delivery bloke from Love Actually plays a rather large part in it too, in a totally different role.

I suck at descriptions. It's just awesome, k? :icon_razz

amyyay
04-07-2005, 10:48 AM
the best keira knightley film is potc it is great she is great and johnny depp and orlando bloom are great too :icon_popc :fencing: the sword fighting is good

Keyser_so_so
04-07-2005, 07:01 PM
For my opinion, just see Richard's thing- but with the Hole and Dr. Zhivago switched around. And another reason for liking POTC is Johnny Depp's awesome-ness.

JackYang
05-07-2005, 03:39 AM
I'm gonna have to go with Pirates of the Caribbean, only because she was incredibly hot in that movie. Then, maybe, The Hole.

Pirates of the Caribbean > The Hole > Dr. Zhivago > Love Actually > Bend It Like Beckham > Princess Of Thieves > King Arthur.

I thought she was pretty hot in King Arthur and Love Actually lol. But yah, POTC was definitely the best :) (Acting wise anyways)

hasselbrad
05-07-2005, 12:49 PM
I blame the director for the over acting in King Arthur. It seemed to run pretty much through the entire cast. Fuqua should stick to cops and robbers action films.
My favorite film would have to be Pirates of The Caribbean.
Her best acting roles would be Dr. Zhivago and Pure. However, these films make me feel like I'm watching my daughter walk down the jetway to go back to her mother. :icon_mecr

squirrel
05-07-2005, 01:29 PM
personally, i prefer a) Pirates, 2) beckham, and d) the Hole (for obvious reasons) dr. zhivago was ok, closer to the book actually, than the original. the problem w/king arthur was the script. the actors had nothing to work with. direction and story were ok, but all the dialogue sounded really stupid.

frodo1511
05-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Pirates was cool the first 5 times I was forced to watch it-now...I don't watch it if I have to.

Oh, Richard was right. Keira was especially hot in Pirates.

Richard
05-07-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm renting The Jacket sometime this week. I'll include that somewhere.

squirrel
05-07-2005, 05:43 PM
why not just buy it? i haven't even seen it yet but i'm gonna do that.

Richard
05-07-2005, 07:48 PM
No money. I already begged Mother for some cash and in turn bought my new book about Judy Garland. Renting is much better. Besides, the movie might suck.

squirrel
05-07-2005, 08:12 PM
no money. ouch. sorry dude. i have to have it if keira's in it, even sight unseen. i can totally sympathise with you, however.

DragonRat
05-07-2005, 09:31 PM
I'd probably say her best performance was in Pure - definitely showed off her acting chops. But since it was a minor role, her character Lara in Dr. Zhivago would be her best overall.

Dr. Zhivago > Pure > Pirates of the Caribbean > Bend It Like Beckham > The Hole > Love Actually > King Arthur

(I'm excluding The Jacket, Princess of Thieves and anything earlier, just because I haven't seen them.) I'm just going to say that KA was not one of her better performances, simply because the movie was a bit too blockbuster-style, with little depth to the characters whatsoever.

kinseya
06-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Newbie here - I'd choose Doctor Zhivago, no question - Keira had *such* a demanding and difficult role in that movie...with big shoes to fill (as it was a remake)....and I think she was just amazing. It's especially impressive due to her age (she had to be between 15 and 16 when filming, I think)....it was a very adult role and she fulfilled it perfectly.

I actually first saw her in "Coming Home" (I'm a Joanna Lumley fan as well), and I remember thinking that she was a striking young girl....then a few weeks later POC came out...it took me a few minutes into the movie saying "I've seen this girl before" until I figured it out....but, I've been a Keira fan ever since.

Edward
09-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Doctor Zhivago

a ring in return
26-07-2005, 01:59 AM
So far, I'd have to say my favorite movie that Keira has been in is Pirates of the Caribbean. Keira and everyone else(especially Johnny Depp) just did such a great job in the film, and I loved the plot. Not to mention the fact that I have a strong intrest in Pirates.

michael22
12-08-2005, 05:20 AM
- the jacket is my favourite. The job both she and Brody did on the film was astounding (and her having to pick up a yank accent in a short amount of time) and that seen at the end where adrien brody comes out of the freezer and says to Dr. Becker we haunt you Brilliant. At the end it also gave me that weird feeling of refreshment only good films can give you.

keirasknight
01-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Its got to be Pirates of the Caribbean for me... I fell in love with her in that movie.

I also love Bend it like Beckham as I am a fan of womens footie.

sarrkerr
17-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Well, I haven't seen all of her movies yet, I have yet to see Pure and The Hole. But from what I have seen I'd say Domino is at the top right now, and maybe coming in second is Bend if like Beckham. It's really hard to choose just because she really knows how to pick good roles.

Asudai
20-10-2005, 05:32 AM
Thunderpants!:icon_surp

I've never seen it or even heard of it until I looked at her Filmography on imdb, and the part she has in it doesn't even have a name aside from Music school student....
but come on it's thunderpants!

sarrkerr
20-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Thunderpants!:icon_surp

I've never seen it or even heard of it until I looked at her Filmography on imdb, and the part she has in it doesn't even have a name aside from Music school student....
but come on it's thunderpants!

ahh, I totally forgot about that movie. She has like one line, and the whole time she looks waaaay to happy!!

Kathleen
26-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Pride and Prejudice for sure. She is excellent, everyone is excellent. It is a beautiful love story. I fell in love with Mr Darcy.

Crying in the rain
12-12-2005, 08:05 AM
POTC, Love Actually or Domino :)

devine kk
12-12-2005, 11:55 AM
its got to be POTC, lokking forward to P&P but i think even this will be supassed by POTC 2 and 3

Lizzie Bennet
12-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Pride and Prejudice is my fav with her. Though I did also love her in Pirates and in King Arthur.

Liz
12-12-2005, 07:53 PM
I love Pride and prejudice & potc! but I like the hole and king arthur, as well! I think in King Arthur she looks very mystical... really cool...:cool:

CaptainStigmata
13-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Price & Prejudice and Pirates of the Caribbean!

shoneyrox
24-12-2005, 10:10 PM
I agree with Stigmata, I loke both P&P and POTC. Just becuase i looooovvve the characters. HI! I'm new!

stinkysocks789
15-01-2006, 04:52 AM
Hmm... I qould say "Love Actually" or "Pirates of the Carribean". Maybe... Im not sure. I love all her movies!

sk8ter chick
16-01-2006, 04:43 PM
ill say! keira is the best actress there can b!!:icon_popc
all her movies r GREAT!!:D

Adam
20-01-2006, 04:28 PM
BILB is mine. It's fresh, funny and quirky.

fandekeira
29-01-2006, 11:11 AM
i luv all of her movies !!! she's great in all of them !domino was great!!

AMBER
03-02-2006, 11:18 AM
i agree with kathleen. i've just finished"p&p",and it's the best movies in 2005!!!
both kk and mm(Mr.Darcy) are attractive!!!!

X4LIFE
05-03-2006, 05:02 AM
"DOMINO"

I really loved this. I really like Kiera and Mickey Rourke...and they both played their roles really well. Even though they stretched the fiction of the film from the true story, it was very entertaining. A lot of twists and turns. I also love the style that Tony Scott put into it. As he said, its like "the life of a bounty hunter...on acid." I also liked how they ended it, with the cool style of credits. This is a movie i can watch over and over.

Keirafan
07-03-2006, 08:31 AM
i say domino,the hole,pirates of the caribbean,king arthur,the jacket and bend it like beckham :) :icon_popc

Keirafan
15-03-2006, 07:09 AM
I like domino loads and the hole was good all though she doesn't have a big part in it. I really want to see dr zhivago now cause it sounds really good. :) :)

BrunoJA
15-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Dr Zhivago is great. Highly recommended.

Kathleen
21-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Yeah its a good film, I should watch it again. Sam Neil is great in that movie. (He always is).

PhoeniX
21-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Dr Zhivago is great. Highly recommended.

I agree

soccer_babe
19-04-2006, 03:29 AM
I would have to say The hole and bend it like beckham, they are my all time favourite movies-not just my fav. keira movies!
xxx

Stephanie
20-04-2006, 04:03 AM
I haven't seen all her movies but my favorites so far are Pride & Prejudice and Love Actually, her performance in P&P was lovely :icon_bigg

dashley
20-04-2006, 11:25 AM
well, my fave movie of keira is the princess of thieves.. it's the movie where i first saw her and i was really captured by her beautiful face and.. accent!

next is pirates of the caribbean and the domino...

the pride and prejudice is now showing in our theater... i'll watch it tomorrow..

mac10foelife
25-04-2006, 04:44 AM
Domino, thats were I think she really shines and takes us for an adventure you will never forget. Thats the movie that led me to have a HUGE crush on her.

jeff--
28-04-2006, 11:48 PM
I haven't seen all of her movies but I have really gotten to liking Pride & Prejudice. Yes it's a chick flick for sure but it is a really well done movie and I think Keira is brilliant in it.

The other Keira movies I really like are PotC, King Arthur, and Star Wars I (not because of her role in that one though :p)

BrunoJA
02-05-2006, 02:35 PM
It's not a chick flick. :icon_cry: lol

JacK of all trades
13-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Only seen one several times. Can't seem to find the rest in the local shops.

filiz
13-05-2006, 02:25 PM
i must say that PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN was and is Keira's greatest movie!:)

Pearl
13-05-2006, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't call PotC a 'Keira' movie...sure she was in it, but that movie was dominated by Johnny Depp. I think in the second movie she'll have a bigger part and stand out more.

Alisa
14-05-2006, 01:53 AM
Pride & Prejudice
I have watched that movie numerous of times & I'm currently reading the book.

baldinio13
17-05-2006, 02:44 AM
I think king arthur is the best movie she┬┤s been in! love actually is really good to! but were i think she got her part the best i would have to say p&p.. sorry for my english!

Juliamariskamadadh
27-05-2006, 02:35 PM
My fav. was Pride & Prejudice(Bride & Prejudice was good)..she was great in Domino.

Hazzle
28-05-2006, 03:30 AM
My fav. was Pride & Prejudice(Bride & Prejudice was good)..she was great in Domino.

Bride?! Bride & Prejudice was the biggest load of crap ever. It's worse than most Bollywood films.

If you like Bollywood stuff, watch the original. And kindly give me your home address so I can shoot you in the head for being a classless cretin.

Pygmalion
29-05-2006, 03:42 AM
Domino was the sickest Keira movie ever...it reminded me of Snatch but with boobs...

Melina
31-05-2006, 04:57 PM
it was nice to find some girls from this paage... :D it looks like all fans are boys! But thank god, it proved wrong!
And I love p&p! Have you read the book?

hasselbrad
31-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Bride?! Bride & Prejudice was the biggest load of crap ever. It's worse than most Bollywood films.

If you like Bollywood stuff, watch the original. And kindly give me your home address so I can shoot you in the head for being a classless cretin.

There are a lot of decafs on the market that taste just as good. :p

Hazzle
31-05-2006, 10:03 PM
There are a lot of decafs on the market that taste just as good. :p

Sorry but Bride was shit. To be fair, so are Bollywood films, but if you like Bollywood, watch actual Bollywood movies, not Western takes on them.

The Bollywood film industry is one of the reasons I take being called "Indian" as an insult. If we actually made decent movies I might not be so particular about being called English...nahh, screw that, I'd still be proud to be English.

Nata
03-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Pride&prejudice-the best!!

Katielondon
05-06-2006, 02:19 AM
favourite Keira film, as to be pirates of the carabiean for me, mmmmm miss swan,(sorry)

markymark
08-07-2006, 02:51 PM
My fave is definetly "Bend it like Beckham", its the first film i saw that made me think wow shes cool :icon_redf

I love Domino too but BILB is my fave :)

mehrdad368
08-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Pride and prejudice.perfect.

runangl
08-07-2006, 06:24 PM
favourite Keira film, as to be pirates of the carabiean for me, mmmmm miss swan,(sorry)
why are you sorry? haha

i think mine is the hole. talk about a screwed up movie. awesome.

michael22
08-07-2006, 07:08 PM
it is better than the hole but.....the hole has it's charm

King Arthur was good but there was definitley a major screw up in there somewhere, either the acting was just bad, the script suked, or the director told them to sometimes stare into the distances and remove feeling from the dcript. It is almost as i it was a reverse of the Producers. It could have been sooo good. ( historical acuracy issues ignored for now)

So far my favourite Keira film is the jacket or Love Actually.
the Jacket I like for some unknown reason very much and it is just well good (in my opinion). Love Actually is one of the few romantic comedies that i will watch (the list is around four of the millions out there).

Hazzle
08-07-2006, 07:32 PM
The Hole was fucking quality. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong.

becka
08-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Dr zhivago. it made me cry.

Violet
09-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Hmm, my favourite Keira film... I saw The Jacket last week, and was really impressed, so maybe that. I also, obviously, liked Pirates, and thought P&P was incredible. But then again, I don't think I've seen a Keira film yet I haven't liked. So whatever. But at the moment, probably The Jacket.

Hazzle
10-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Ew ew ew. Just as I was beginning to like you. The Jacket blew chunks.

swansonben
10-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Pirates 1 and 2 and King Arthur. jsut saw POTC 2 yesterday and she was so beautiful. i think i like these the best cause of the action scences with her. she does the well. i cant wait for POTC 3 and the other movie she has coming in 07 i forget the title at the moment. i saw the jacket to but that was a werid movie. :fencing: (potc owns)

runangl
11-07-2006, 12:42 AM
fanboy alert.

i'll stick with my choice of the hole. that is one crazy ass movie. and you get to see that her tits were small then to, and not because of her "anorexia" haha

small tits are in right now. :icon_lol:

Violet
11-07-2006, 10:37 AM
i saw the jacket to but that was a werid movie.
Weird, but good. I think it was a great learning curve for Keira, allowing her to prove to the world she could do more than just corsets. But you're right, Pirates is great.

Ew ew ew. Just as I was beginning to like you. The Jacket blew chunks.
Ah, well that's too bad. If it's any consolation, I think you're right about The Hole. That was great too. But I stick by what I said about The Jacket. Impressive.

Hazzle
11-07-2006, 12:40 PM
If it's any consolation, I think you're right about The Hole.

It's not. I'm always right about everything.

I've
11-07-2006, 01:53 PM
1.Domino
2.POTC

The other ones I haven't seen, so I can't form an opinion.

hasselbrad
11-07-2006, 02:16 PM
The Hole was fucking quality. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong.

The Hole was a steaming pile of shit.
Keira was good in it, but the premise was completely unbelievable. There are three bodies left in the hole...one dead from natural causes...one's head is smashed and the other is impaled on the ladder that Thora Birch's character climbed out on. I don't know how your legal system works in England, but I doubt she would have been free to roam while whats-his-face is getting grilled by the coppers.
And, all of those posters flapping in the breeze on campus when she runs in and screams, yet no one thought to take a look-see in the big metal hatch?
There were too many holes in The Hole.

Violet
11-07-2006, 02:56 PM
The Hole was a steaming pile of shit.
Keira was good in it, but the premise was completely unbelievable. There are three bodies left in the hole...one dead from natural causes...one's head is smashed and the other is impaled on the ladder that Thora Birch's character climbed out on. I don't know how your legal system works in England, but I doubt she would have been free to roam while whats-his-face is getting grilled by the coppers.
And, all of those posters flapping in the breeze on campus when she runs in and screams, yet no one thought to take a look-see in the big metal hatch?
There were too many holes in The Hole.
Fair enough, so it wasn't exactly realistic. But that doesn't stop it being a good film. There are many excellent films, with dubious plots, that still have value. There is a whole genre - fantasy - that anyone would be hard pushed to take seriously, but try telling that to hard core trekkies. It's not always about the ability to believe the story, but what's behind the story, that's important.

It's not. I'm always right about everything.

Naturally. Oh well, worth a shot.

Hazzle
11-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Brad, it's a concept film. It's not supposed to be realistic, it wasn't a thriller as it ended up being marketed as. The "hole" was meant to symbolise being trapped within the teenage identity stereotypes. You have to look beyond the obvious and think laterally to appreciate it.

Incidentally no, noone would've thought to look in an abandoned bunker. Hence the word "abandoned". It would have been assumed that noone could get in. If you recall they were all impressed Martyn was able to get them in.

You also forget that she was psychologically profiled and they didn't believe she'd done anything wrong, so there was no reason to detain her. The official line was that the deaths weren't suspicious, so the only thing that was being investigated was the unlawful imprisonment.

It's not like real life justice is any different. Courtney Love was never investigated for Kurt Cobain's death, despite having motive and despite several holes in the pathology report (the amount of heroin in his bloodstream, the finger rather than thumbprint). OJ Simpson was found not guilty for Christ's sake!

hasselbrad
11-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Then you need to think laterally about The Jacket.
Is Jack Starks an angel, sent to save the lives of Jackie and her mother? Or, is Jackie an angel sent to save Jack? Is he really travelling through time, or is he simply having delusions brought on by the drugs?
There are a lot of films whose concepts get lost between the screenplay and the screen. I feel like The Hole is one of those films. As far as being "trapped" in the stereotypical roles, I just don't see it. They just seemed to be stereotypes. They were all self-serving snobs. I didn't really see the characters shift at all, save for her becoming a murderous sociopath (rather than simply a sociopath) at the end.

Hazzle
11-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Frankie wasn't a snobby bitch in the hole itself. That was the most obvious "shift".

I thought laterally about The Jacket. It's not that I didn't understand it. It's that it was shite. The ending and overall premise was far too sentimental (I'm a cynical cunt) and Keira's grating accent was getting on my tits.

Perhaps minus the accent it wasn't that bad after all. May give it a second viewing and just mute it whenever she speaks.

hasselbrad
11-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Frankie wasn't a snobby bitch in the hole itself. That was the most obvious "shift".

I thought laterally about The Jacket. It's not that I didn't understand it. It's that it was shite. The ending and overall premise was far too sentimental (I'm a cynical cunt) and Keira's grating accent was getting on my tits.

Perhaps minus the accent it wasn't that bad after all. May give it a second viewing and just mute it whenever she speaks.

She wasn't really snobby out of the hole. Remember, she helped Lizzie when the other girls made snide comments. Anyway, that's all being filtered through what the characters (Lizzie and Martyn) want us to believe anyway. Lizzie portrayed herself as an outsider but Martyn says she was "thick as theives" with Frankie. That's when we see her swilling Jack Daniels and talking with Frankie about Mike.

Hazzle
11-07-2006, 11:55 PM
She wasn't really snobby out of the hole. Remember, she helped Lizzie when the other girls made snide comments.

No, but she had her moments. The point is that it's all perception and that perception shifts at different points.

Anyway, that's all being filtered through what the characters (Lizzie and Martyn) want us to believe anyway. Lizzie portrayed herself as an outsider but Martyn says she was "thick as theives" with Frankie. That's when we see her swilling Jack Daniels and talking with Frankie about Mike.

That's my point ;) That's a perfect example of a "shift". There are no real "shifts", people don't change that suddenly, the point is to show you the different perspectives and filters that exist in the social framework. Frankie's bulimia is another great example. People assume beautiful people aren't insecure, but often they're the most insecure of all, especially beautiful teenagers. It's again a case of a teenage stereotype being shattered.

jack67
13-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest!!! Because it was great fun and action filled all the way through!!!:Hail: :Hail: :Hail:

keira89
13-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean the curse of the black pearl! only because I haven't seen Dead Man's chest!http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/images/smilies/icon_err.gif

Digital_Ice
13-07-2006, 04:43 PM
....?

Hazzle
13-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Let me help you there Ice. This is what happens when we let retarded people join the forum. I'm an exception to the rule ;)

Welcome to the circus that is the DMC newbie chaos. Don't worry. Not one of them will last more than a couple of months. If that.

swansonben
14-07-2006, 01:24 AM
i just ordered king arthur off amazon. just for keria lol. (get the unrated one if you see it). good movie. i just love to see keria in action. thats why i liked domino to .

keira89
14-07-2006, 09:31 AM
....?
in response to your question I believe that Dead Man's chest is better, but I haven't seen it yet so I can't say my opinion!

Hazzle, get over the retarded thing! and mostly GET A LIFE!

Hazzle
14-07-2006, 09:41 AM
in response to your question I believe that Dead Man's chest is better, but I haven't seen it yet so I can't say my opinion!

Hazzle, get over the retarded thing! and mostly GET A LIFE!

I THINK Ice was referring to Jack's post more than yours. And it wasn't a question so much as "WTF?" If you'd been here more than 5 seconds you might know what he meant.

My point about being retarded had nothing to do with you. So stop being so defensive. Perhaps you need to get a life so that what people think of you on an internet forum doesn't define who you are. Also, if you plan on sticking around here, you should know that name-calling is pretty common. Read a few threads instead of just posting on them, and perhaps you'll see what I mean.

If you don't get inside jokes, don't comment on them. Now kindly stfu.

keira89
14-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Ok my mistake! sorry for being a bitch!:icon_err:

Hazzle
14-07-2006, 10:07 AM
It's ok. I like bitches :D

Seriously, we all dish it out, we can all take it. It's just how it is.

Violet
14-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Good discussion guys, especially on The Hole and The Jacket.

Then you need to think laterally about The Jacket.
Is Jack Starks an angel, sent to save the lives of Jackie and her mother? Or, is Jackie an angel sent to save Jack? Is he really travelling through time, or is he simply having delusions brought on by the drugs?
There are a lot of films whose concepts get lost between the screenplay and the screen.
Perhaps this was meant as an insult to the film, but I think it sums it up perfectly. I know it irritates some people when the plot is somewhat ambiguous, but I find this often enhances the film. It allows viewer's to interpret it how they like, drawing them into the film much more, and creating a more satsfactory result for most viewers. Maybe the concepts are lost, or maybe they are simply open to interpretation.

I'm a cynical cunt
Really? You are?!

Hazzle
14-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Heh. Quality use of sarcasm. This one's a keeper guys ;)

keira89
14-07-2006, 01:51 PM
It's ok. I like bitches http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Seriously, we all dish it out, we can all take it. It's just how it is.

I think nowadays if you aren't a bitch you're a loser because everyone else thinks you are! now how sensible is that?

Hazzle
14-07-2006, 02:18 PM
It's always possible to be both...not that I'm suggesting you are or anything. :icon_err: