PDA

View Full Version : Crime Scene Investigation

Richard
03-07-2005, 08:07 PM
I could've swore there was thread already made about this, but I can't find it.

Who else watches this show? I just finished watching the first season and so far I really enjoy it.

Jacoby
03-07-2005, 08:53 PM
I could've swore there was thread already made about this, but I can't find it.

Who else watches this show? I just finished watching the first season and so far I really enjoy it.

I watch Law and Order: SVU and I can't mix the two shows. Too many cops on the edge can be bad for the brain.

Digital_Ice
03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Too many cops on the edge can be bad for the brain.

i concur... i avoid most of them... if not all...

Richard
04-07-2005, 12:46 AM
I told myself early on that I would avoid such shows like Law and Order, Cold Case, Without a Trace, and all the rest of those CSI programs, but I just couldn't resist the original Crime Scene Investigation. CSI is the only show I watch from the ones listed above.

deviljet88
04-07-2005, 01:34 AM
There's a timeslot on TV that forces me to watch Law and Order because its the best thing on. Otherwise I avoid cop shows.

Jacoby
04-07-2005, 01:47 AM
There's a timeslot on TV that forces me to watch Law and Order because its the best thing on. Otherwise I avoid cop shows.

Which Law and Order? I only like SVU. OH! And I watch Crossing Jordan. I can't decide if Jordan on the show is hot or not. I think that's the premise. A mystery that will never be solved.

Dyce_Blue
04-07-2005, 02:52 AM
I liked watching NUMB3RS when it first came out, but then every episode became a stretch because there really isn't much crime that you can solve with math.

I watch Law and Order: SVU occasionally, and I was even suckered into watching Cold Case a couple of times until I realized that it's just one long music video and wig pageant.

I saw the finale of NCIS...and it was a shocker.

They are all the same though...

frodo1511
04-07-2005, 03:26 AM
CSI: is the greatest show on television besides Scrubs.

Miami and NY are shit compared to the original.

Hell, the 5th season finale was some of the best TV I've seen since Walking With Dinosaurs back in 1999.

Dyce_Blue
04-07-2005, 07:15 AM
I have here in front of me the complete Nielsen ratings for all your favorite crime dramas. I will of course regurgitate this data in a no doubt confusing and ambiguous manner. I'm sorry, I'm not a professional statistician...

Overall Rank---Show, Network=~=Viewers (average in millions)
#2 CSI, CBS~~~26.3
#7 CSI:Miami, CBS===18.9
#8 Without a Trace, CBS~~~18.8
#17 Cold Case, CBS===15.2
#20 Medium, NBC~~~13.9
#21 CSI:NY, CBS===13.6
#21 NCIS, CBS~~~13.6
#23 Law and Order: SVU, NBC===13.4
#25 Law and Order, NBC~~~13.0
#28 Law and Order: CI, NBC===12.1
#30 Crossing Jordan, NBC~~~11.7
#34 Numb3rs, CBS===11.1
#43 NYPD Blue, ABC~~~10.1
#47 JAG, CBS===9.9
#54 Third Watch, NBC~~~9.2
#61 Medical Investigation, NBC===8.7
#63 Blind Justice, ABC~~~8.5
#125 Tru Calling, FOX===4.2
#149 Veronica Mars, UPN~~~2.5

I didn't include "24" (#29) or "Judging Amy" (#38) because they're not really crime dramas...

Tru Calling, NYPD Blue, Medical Investigation, Third Watch, and Blind Justice have been cancelled. They will no doubt be replaced by more crime dramas.

Leonie
04-07-2005, 08:12 AM

That's how I watch CSI occasionally. I think it's the New York one, the one with Melina Kanakaredes. If there is nothing else on, and I'm not tired enough to go to sleep, I'll watch a bit of CSI.

Liam
04-07-2005, 09:03 AM
I prefer Without a Trace.

I generally like all the cop shows - I like Law and Order and Criminal Intent, but CSI did nothing for me. I didn't mind NY so much, but the other two are barely watchable.

Scott
04-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Never got into any of the CSI shows, I think they're crap. I don't mind Law and Order and I've seen NCIS once or twice and I thought it was alright.

duckula
04-07-2005, 12:05 PM
I like cop shows. I watch CSI, CSI:NY (not miami, its shit), Law & Order, Law & Order:CI (SVU teh lame), Without A Trace, Numb3rs, The Inside and Veronica Mars (more crime than cop drama).

frodo1511
04-07-2005, 02:48 PM
without a trace is cool, since Poppy Montgomery is on it.

Dyce_Blue
04-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Hey what ever happened to that guy that was buried alive in CSI?

They tried to dig him up but it wasn't him...then I got fed up and stopped watching.

There is this show on FOX called The Insider, and this one episode I saw was really cool, but someone else told me the rest was shit.

Richard
04-07-2005, 07:22 PM
I would like to watch Veronica Mars, but I haven't brought myself up to doing so yet. And it looks like it won't be around much longer. Although, I did hear it's coming back for another season but with ratings like that... it needs to improve.

I think I'll wait for the DVDs.

duckula
04-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Watch it. Now. It's great and if you aren't gay then you will enjoy watching Kristen Bell. If you are gay. Well, bad luck, she is hot.

frodo1511
05-07-2005, 06:06 AM
Hey what ever happened to that guy that was buried alive in CSI?

They tried to dig him up but it wasn't him...then I got fed up and stopped watching.

SPOILER:

They found Nick Stokes off a road in a baby tree farm. He was covered in fire ants, and hic coffin was full of explosives(if he was taken out of the coffin, it would explode). So, Grissom filled the coffin up with sand, and pulled Nick out of it. A second later, and BOOM.

END SPOILER

hasselbrad
05-07-2005, 01:02 PM
CSI-Miami is unwatchable because of David Caruso. I've seen more believable characters on infomercials.
CSI-Las Vegas is too unrealistic. Tourism would take a sharp nose-dive if that many people died mysteriously in Vegas. What happens here, stays here...unless you die and then we have to ship your corpse home.
CSI-New York...not enough mysterious deaths on the show. Gary Sinise is cool, but he'd need a much larger staff in New York.

frodo1511
05-07-2005, 02:49 PM
CSI-Las Vegas is too unrealistic. Tourism would take a sharp nose-dive if that many people died mysteriously in Vegas. What happens here, stays here...unless you die and then we have to ship your corpse home.

Well, if that was the case, then we would have a mini-series with like 6 episodes. Either that, or focus on one dead guy for a quarter of the season.

I kno it's unrealistic, but hey, this is TV!

hasselbrad
05-07-2005, 03:18 PM
That was a joke. Actually, they all were...except for the crack about Caruso. He is, without a doubt, the worst actor ever.

Dyce_Blue
05-07-2005, 04:25 PM
That was a joke. Actually, they all were...except for the crack about Caruso. He is, without a doubt, the worst actor ever.

...If you watch First Blood, you can see Caruso die a terrible death at the hands of Rambo.

I hate how cocky that bastard is in that show. Who else with a red thinning pompodore has so much damn self-esteem?

Renegade
07-07-2005, 02:23 AM
...If you watch First Blood, you can see Caruso die a terrible death at the hands of Rambo.

I hate how cocky that bastard is in that show. Who else with a red thinning pompodore has so much damn self-esteem?

Haha yeah seriously. That arrogant asshole thinks he owns everyone. I'd bet he'd cringe and flee if someone tried to knock him out.

CSI Miami is alright. Emily Proctor makes it tolerable :).