PDA

View Full Version : Yayz!!!fireworks!!

Jacoby
27-06-2005, 05:48 AM
Holy fucking shit cowing mother fuck slut ass fuck damn motherdamming son of a fucking shit.

This night, June 26th, Jacoby almost lost his life.

The last Sunday of June is the annual day that Gates has their firework festival in the school abandoned soccer field. I drove to my good friend Sam's house to pick him up, and we headed off to the school to see the 'works, mmhmm. We met up with Laura, Brett, Dree, Ben, Holly, Mike, Brandon and 'the gang' and sat down close to the front, in the middle of the crowd. The fireworks began around 10PM and they were pretty nice. They started off with the large ones, and moved on to the more fancy-explodey ones.

They were doing a long line of the silver ones that cork-screw, then break in half, then explode. One must have took an odd turn in the air, at least that's what I thought, and blew up about 50 feet to the right of us a very small distance over everyone's heads. Wow, I'd hate to be those people, I thought. Our group kinda laughed, knowing no one was hurt, and thought that was a scary mishap. The next one flew over our heads, two feet over our heads - I would have been struck if I were standing- and blew up behind us. Sam and I immediately bolted for cover behind a concession, and while we were running I saw another firework land in the chair of the woman in front of us. It sizzled and hissed and she ran from her seat, luckily not catching fire. When I got to the funnel cake stand, I looked around and saw everyone I was with, with the exception of Sam and myself, in a group standing and looking around. They were still where we were sitting. At this point the fireworks were once again in the sky, so Sam and I walked back to the group and asked if anyone was hurt, or if they seen anyone hurt at all. "OMGZ you and Sam lyke totally ran away when that firework came LOlOMGROFL," said my friend's girlfriend (whom is unliked by everyone). I wanted to hit her. Luckily Sam yelled at her and told her that a firework can kill you to death!

We moved over to the side, for 'safety' and watched the rest. The finale, which is usually enjoyed, brought fear upon everyone. Every explosion in the sky made us quiver. Laura was scared. Laura's extra pretty when she's scared. We were all afraid, so we started back to our cars.

It was a terrifying night, but at least it'll be in our memories for a while.

deviljet88
27-06-2005, 05:56 AM
Laura sounds cute, got pictures?

Jacoby
27-06-2005, 06:02 AM
Laura sounds cute, got pictures?

Not for you, I don't.

Spire
27-06-2005, 07:01 AM
I hate to one-up you and trump your story with something even more exciting Jacoby, but I almost spilled taco sauce on my shirt while driving back from my lunch break today. I'm serious. It was fucking intense.

hasselbrad
27-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Have you ever seen one of those 16 tube fireworks doohickies tip over while firing? We were at my cousin's lakehouse a couple of years ago when that happened. Luckily, it fell toward the lake and not the house. It would have burned it down.
Did you know that fireworks still explode under water?

Jacoby
27-06-2005, 02:28 PM
I hate to one-up you and trump your story with something even more exciting Jacoby, but I almost spilled taco sauce on my shirt while driving back from my lunch break today. I'm serious. It was fucking intense.

That's not even as crazy as my firework story, you noob.

Did you know that fireworks still explode under water?

I do now. And I know what I'm going to do with my next batch of fireworks.

frodo1511
27-06-2005, 02:45 PM
So, did you think like you were in a war? I would've been yelling for everyone to get down, and pretend to shoot shit.

Well, my weekend was better then all of yours: I moved into a new house.

Jacoby
27-06-2005, 03:14 PM
So, did you think like you were in a war? I would've been yelling for everyone to get down, and pretend to shoot shit.

Well, my weekend was better then all of yours: I moved into a new house.

Actually, I didn't mention a few coincidences that took place. I told my friend Ben to pretend the first firework was an attack because it would have been funny to see him do that. Then my friend Sam said, "What if this turns out like 'Nam." Ben also said "what if they tilt the fireworks at us?" before the show started. And the last one was a few seconds after it started. I said to my friend Holly, "Ahh, fireworks are amazing. Come sit next to me, Mr. Firework."

So yes, Karma's a bitch.

frodo1511
27-06-2005, 03:55 PM
This is why I stand a few feet back from fireworks(about 200 feet), unless I'm lighting them off myself.

Another neat firework story: I went with a couple friends a few years ago to an abandoned farm house to shoot off fireworks. Kevin, Eric, Drew, Brett, and myself made a minature fort earlier that day, and put army men inside of it, and covered the entire thing with spray paint. We put 20 firecrackers in the thing, and lit them all at once. The entire thing melted, and popped every minute or so.

Also, a firework misfired during the night(one of those spinning top fireworks, which spin around the ground before exploding). It spun on it's side, and came right towards us. It flew in the air, and missed my head wide right by about 3 feet. I could feel a couple sparks on my cheek, but that was it.

After that, I shot a roman candle off into the farm house.

Richard
27-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Get it on video? That's something I need to see.

Jacoby
27-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Get it on video? That's something I need to see.

Apparentely someone did. If they host it I will send a link.

Meteora
27-06-2005, 09:44 PM
I'd have to drive down it Mehico to get some fireworks.

Too much effort for me.

MedullaPancreasOblongata
29-06-2005, 07:46 AM
yes it's true. a firework can kill you to death!