PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate/Candy in America

Sarah
20-06-2005, 12:45 PM
What kind of chocolate/candy do we have in the UK that you don't have in America? Basically what candy would you like over there that you don't already have? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

frodo1511
20-06-2005, 02:35 PM
It's been 9 years since I visited England, so I can't quite remember what type of candy was their. I'm sure that the same big-name brands are available in England(Twix, M&Ms, Kit-Kat, Wonkabars...).

Sarah
20-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Do you have things like Malteasers, Mars Bars, Cadbury's chocolate, Areos etc etc?

frodo1511
20-06-2005, 03:14 PM
I've heard of Mars Bars and Cadburys, but that's about it.

hasselbrad
20-06-2005, 03:29 PM
What kind of chocolate/candy do we have in the UK that you don't have in America? Basically what candy would you like over there that you don't already have? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Are you going to start marketing candy to the U.S.? ***crosses fingers***
Sadly, my only contact with the U.K. has been through Epcot. That, and this site.

Sarah
20-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Are you going to start marketing candy to the U.S.? ***crosses fingers***
Sadly, my only contact with the U.K. has been through Epcot. That, and this site.

Yes, I'm thinking of doing that. Only I want to offer things that you can't already buy over there.

Spire
20-06-2005, 07:43 PM
This goes well with that obesity thread.

acliff
20-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Hershey bars are uncommon here.
Alternative flavoured oreos are also uncommon. Those peanut butter ones are delectable.
Mountain dew doesn't exist here, neither does koolaid.
There are loads more but I can't think of any off hand.

apoggy
20-06-2005, 08:31 PM
We used to have mountain dew, i remember drinking it when i was younger. Cliff, I think you sort of gave the opposite answer to her question, but that said you propably know this and I should shut my mouth.

The Mars and Cadbury company are the two that arent big in america, I believe. And probably Rowntrees, if its still called that and not merged with some multinational.

Jacoby
20-06-2005, 10:13 PM
We used to have mountain dew, i remember drinking it when i was younger. Cliff, I think you sort of gave the opposite answer to her question, but that said you propably know this and I should shut my mouth.

The Mars and Cadbury company are the two that arent big in america, I believe. And probably Rowntrees, if its still called that and not merged with some multinational.

Mars is pretty popular. Cadbury, not so much. Except for Easter.

meegaan1
21-06-2005, 05:00 AM
Do you have things like Malteasers, Mars Bars, Cadbury's chocolate, Areos etc etc?
We don't have Areo's, least, not where I've seen them
When I visited London this summer, I saw loads of different candy, but I don't remember the names, because I didn't buy them.

Scott
21-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Nothing beats Picnic bars, they're made by Cadbury. Do you guys get them where you live?

hasselbrad
21-06-2005, 12:30 PM

Mars? As in M&M/Mars? There is, or at least was when I was growing up, a product simply known as a Mars Bar. Cadbury is here, but mainly in the form of Cadbury Eggs around Easter. I have seen Cadbury cookies, actually, there are a couple of old tins in the kitchen here at the office. The cookies are long gone, of course. They look like something that was handed out many Christmases ago.

frodo1511
21-06-2005, 04:11 PM
What about Peeps? Do Englanders have those during Easter?

JackYang
21-06-2005, 08:54 PM
I love toberone bars, they're the best!

Bait
24-06-2005, 10:57 PM
I've never seen those before Flightfreak...what are they called? I don't think they are available where I'm at...

Also I've never heard of picnic bars either.

We have mars bars and I believe mars is part of M&Ms and the only cadbury I've seen are the cadbury eggs

deviljet88
25-06-2005, 12:29 AM
Picnic rocks and its slogan is just as good: Deliciously Ugly.

Kelsey
25-06-2005, 09:43 AM
We have Cadbury*s, but there is a much bigger selection in England. I stocked up when I was there a couple weeks ago. There was some kind of malty type thing I got at the theater, they were pretty good, but I probably wouldn*t buy them all the time if they were available in the U.S. I kind of preferred your Kit Kat wrappers though.