PDA

View Full Version : Live8

Dionysus
13-06-2005, 02:06 PM
OK, so Live8's not far off
why not have a thread for it
what are your favourite bands that are there, what do you think of the Geldof?

personally i am over the moon about this as it was released today that Pink Floyd will be performing there, together again AT LAST Gilmour, Water, Wright and Mason AHHHHHHHHHHHHH *runs out of the room screaming, naked and clutching my genitalia*

if only i wasnt on the other side of the world to this

frodo1511
13-06-2005, 04:44 PM
COLDPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Ciarán
13-06-2005, 06:57 PM
what do you think of the Geldof?

Greatest man to come out of this country, pity we disowned him. He led the first Irish band to make it outside of Ireland, and that twit Bono followed him(in more ways than one). And he did it with songs that were going to piss people off (eg, Banana Republic).

Then there was all he did for Africa so far (more than twice the number of people killed in the Sunami will die in Africa today). What people can't stand is the fact he will do something when he saw a problem, and others sit on their arses lookin on, saying, "great idea"...

As for Live8's line up, Pink Floyd should be good, and the whole list is impressive. Wonder will we see the Rats...

duckula
13-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Geldof is a righteous twat.

Dionysus
14-06-2005, 01:23 AM
He led the first Irish band to make it outside of Ireland

what about Them & Van Morrison, they came out in 1965 i think
and arent Thin Lizzy Irish??

deviljet88
14-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Wowee, the UK lineup looks cooool. Coldplay, Dido, Keane, maybe Killers, Muse, Pink Floyd, REM, maybe Stereophonics. Haha sucks to be US... or any of the other countries.

Atvar
14-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Thin lizzy are irish.

Leonie
14-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Coldplay: niiiice. The fact that Pink Floyd have decided to get over themselves and play as a band is pretty cool too. Muse: awesomeness. I very much want to be British right now. REM's OK, Stereophonics is not bad at all :) Gg Live8

Ciarán
14-06-2005, 06:40 PM
what about Them & Van Morrison, they came out in 1965 i think
and arent Thin Lizzy Irish??

Ya, they were before but the Rats had the first No.1 in the UK charts.

Keyser_so_so
14-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Muse. Coldplay. the Killers (is this confirmed yet?). REM.

I think we're spoilt silly, really (if we can get our mitts on tickets. I don't think I have!)

apoggy
14-06-2005, 07:08 PM
I feel sorry for the people who have booked to see Coldplay in Glasgow (I think) on the same date. They have said they are able to do both, but its bound to be a less enthusiastic performance with all that travelling etc in one day.

Digital_Ice
14-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Muse. Coldplay. the Killers (is this confirmed yet?). REM.

I think we're spoilt silly, really (if we can get our mitts on tickets. I don't think I have!)

the killers are confirmed, they are playing in hyde park.

as for tickets.... they are selling on ebay for £20,000.... which is stupid... seeing as you have to show the text message to at the gate (apparently - not confirmed) to cut down on forged tickets

EDIT:
all ebay ticket sales have now been removed from sale becuase bob geldof complained saying it was sick to resell them for profit... etc etc.

hasselbrad
14-06-2005, 09:14 PM
I wouldn't watch that shit if it were in my backyard.

:p kidding.

Muse would be cool to see live. I've only seen live performances on TV. I've seen REM and Pink Floyd live, and they both put on a pretty good show. I'm not really a Pink Floyd fan, but their live show was phenomenal. I'd pay money...though not 20,000 pounds...to see them again. I wonder, though, how much of a show Pink Floyd will be able to put on at a festival setting.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Killers live either. That keyboard is pimp!

Dionysus
15-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Ya, they were before but the Rats had the first No.1 in the UK charts.

Ahhh i follow you

but dont go by chart ratings, led zeppelin have never been even in the top 5 and they have sold over 200 million albums

Janus
15-06-2005, 03:23 AM
Enigma is by far my favourite group. Gregorian chants and stuff... I love it!

But other than that, I'm a soundtrack person.

Jacoby
15-06-2005, 03:25 AM
Wowee, the UK lineup looks cooool. Coldplay, Dido, Keane, maybe Killers, Muse, Pink Floyd, REM, maybe Stereophonics. Haha sucks to be US... or any of the other countries.

Sucks that those bands aren't great.

Liam
15-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Bluergh, Stereophonics.

Muse and Coldplay are worth the price of admission. The rest of it I'm completely indifferent to. Oh, and 'The Killers' is possibly the most stupid, boring and unimaginative name for a band ever. Right up there with 'The Cars' and 'The Police'. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

deviljet88
15-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Sucks that those bands aren't great.
You're welcome to listen to 50 Cent instead.

Jacoby
15-06-2005, 02:51 PM
You're welcome to listen to 50 Cent instead.

Thanks.

Honestly, I wouldn't go to this concert. Coldplay has about three songs I like. Muse has one. I hate The Killers.

If there was a festival I would go to, it would be Coachella. Or Austin City Limits.

frodo1511
15-06-2005, 08:40 PM
I wish I had my flux-capaciter on hand, so I could go to Woodstock...some kid across the street has it, and I'm about to take it back from him.

Leonie
16-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Coldplay has about three songs I like. Muse has one.

Ha, and I bet it's Sunburn :icon_razz
It probably isn't, but that's OK. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of my favourite bands live at all. Woo Muse. Woo Coldplay. Woo Pink Floyd. MiniWoo Stereophonics. Miniwoo REM.

Ah well, I'll be seeing Coldplay live soon enough.