PDA

View Full Version : What is Your World View? (quiz)

Flightfreak
06-06-2005, 10:49 AM
delete

apoggy
06-06-2005, 11:07 AM
You scored as Modernist.

Modernism represents the thought that science and reason are all we need to carry on. Religion is unnecessary and any sort of spirituality halts progress. You believe everything has a rational explanation. 50% of Americans share your world-view.

Modernist 69%

Existentialist 69%

Materialist 69%

Cultural Creative 63%

Postmodernist 56%

Romanticist 44%

Fundamentalist 44%

Idealist 19%

Foeni
06-06-2005, 11:37 AM
You scored as Materialist.

Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.

Existentialist 75%

Materialist 75%

Cultural Creative 63%

Romanticist 63%

Modernist 44%

Postmodernist 44%

Fundamentalist 31%

Idealist 19%

Haven't we had this test before?

hasselbrad
06-06-2005, 11:57 AM
You scored as Cultural Creative.

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative...75%

Existentialist...69%

Postmodernist...69%

Idealist...56%

Fundamentalist...50%

Romanticist...50%

Modernist...50%

Materialist...31%

Liam
06-06-2005, 12:00 PM
You scored as Romanticist.

Romanticism encourages society to look backwards to find our solutions. Your rationale is that things were much better (Liam edit: About 60 years) a few hundred years ago so we should thus look back to those times and replace them in our modern society. You believe in a simple life and that the complexities of the modern world have turned it upside down (Liam edit: My arse. Where the world would be without IL-2 Sturmovik, I don't know or care to comprehend.)

Postmodernist 75%

Romanticist 75%

Existentialist 69%

Modernist 63%

Cultural Creative 63%

Materialist 50%

Fundamentalist 44%

Idealist 31%

Incidentally, I scored as 'punk/rebel' on their high school stereotype test, and since I was never a punk and I wouldn't consider myself to be much of a rebel (I did some things you could call rebellious, but never very often) - I would say that this test is much like the rest of the countless billions of online tests. Wildly inaccurate.

Kendorjia
06-06-2005, 12:34 PM
You scored as Existentialist.

Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist 81%
Materialist 81%
Cultural Creative 75%
Romanticist 69%
Postmodernist 69%
Modernist 63%
Idealist 50%
Fundamentalist 38%

deviljet88
06-06-2005, 01:01 PM
You scored as Postmodernist.

Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis.

Postmodernist75%
Existentialist63%
Cultural Creative56%
Modernist50%
Materialist50%
Romanticist44%
Fundamentalist31%
Idealist25%

Atvar
06-06-2005, 01:19 PM

Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist 75%
Postmodernist 69%
Cultural Creative 63%
Materialist 63%
Romanticist 63%
Modernist 50%
Idealist 44%
Fundamentalist 38%

Urbanebula
06-06-2005, 01:29 PM

Existentialist 88%

Postmodernist 75%

Cultural Creative 69%

Materialist 63%

Romanticist 63%

Fundamentalist 50%

Modernist 44%

Idealist 31%

Atvar
06-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Wierd man, almost the same order as mine. Ah kindred spirt

duckula
06-06-2005, 05:46 PM

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative 63%

Romanticist 50%

Existentialist 50%

Idealist 44%

Fundamentalist 38%

Materialist 38%

Postmodernist 31%

Modernist 25%

Silv3r
06-06-2005, 05:56 PM
You scored as Postmodernist.

Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis.

Postmodernist

94%Materialist

94%Cultural Creative

69%Romanticist

69%Fundamentalist

63%Idealist

56%Existentialist

50%Modernist

44%

Leonie
06-06-2005, 08:26 PM
I lost the fancy row of percentages, but, with 65%:

Richard
06-06-2005, 09:29 PM
You scored as Romanticist.

Romanticism encourages society to look backwards to find our solutions. Your rationale is that things were much better a few hundred years ago so we should thus look back to those times and replace them in our modern society. You believe in a simple life and that the complexities of the modern world have turned it upside down.

Existentialist - 88%
Romanticist - 88%
Modernist - 69%
Idealist - 69%
Cultural Creative - 56%
Materialist - 56%
Postmodernist - 38%
Fundamentalist - 38%

Digital_Ice
06-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Post modernist - wow... like i didn't see that coming....

forgot to copy and paste scores, and cant be arsed to do the quiz again.

"It's A Better Way To Feel, Don't Be Real, Be Post-Modern"

Renegade
07-06-2005, 02:18 AM

Existentialist 75%
Cultural Creative 63%
Postmodernist 56%
Romanticist 50%
Idealist 44%
Modernist 44%
Fundamentalist 38%
Materialist 19%

I wish they included Transcendentalist.

Elijahfan
07-06-2005, 05:00 AM
hahaha....oh how true:

Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.

Materialist

81%
Postmodernist

75%
Cultural Creative

75%
Romanticist

75%
Modernist

63%
Existentialist

56%
Idealist

56%
Fundamentalist

44%

Bait
07-06-2005, 06:37 AM

Existentialist
63%

Modernist
56%

Materialist
56%

Postmodernist
50%

Cultural Creative
50%

Fundamentalist
38%

Romanticist
31%

Idealist
31%

marine
07-06-2005, 07:41 AM

Cultural Creative

81%

Idealist 75%

Romanticist69%

Existentialist 63%

Postmodernist 63%

Materialist 44%

Fundamentalist 31%

Modernist 19%