PDA

View Full Version : IRC pimping

apoggy
09-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Well before you start on at me about there already being threads on this dont, I feel this deserves its own.

Those of us who go on IRC will know that as of late its become rather boring and only a select few Australian memebers usually talk for any length of time, some I wish would shut up, hi Jet. :D

Anyways IRC used to be the hub of KKW activity and I want to try and restore that sense of community in an attempt to improve the board as well (that has gone down hill too but thats another story).

So I was thinking maybe organising an 'IRC Day' or something where we get a many people on as possible, break the record attendance and get to know each other better, its my thinking that interaction on IRC will improve the level of discussion on the board.

Nothing is set in stone yet and I just wanted to put this out there to all you memebers to see what you think and if you had any better ideas or constructive criticism.

Hazzle
10-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Think this could be a good idea...IRC certainly DOES need a kick up the arse...I tell you what...I'll even promise NOT to turn up on "IRC day" so as not to spoil it ;)

aspro
10-07-2004, 01:33 AM
har, as per usual us australians are saving the day

Narg
10-07-2004, 02:29 AM
har, as per usual us australians are saving the day

Recon, im on there all the time, usually somthing half interesting going on.

deviljet88
10-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Those of us who go on IRC will know that as of late its become rather boring and only a select few Australian memebers usually talk for any length of time, some I wish would shut up, hi Jet. :D

Hey look, apoggy remembers me!!! HEY!!! And yeah, if you did set up such a day, I'd probably won't be there, unless its late night my time since i've got school, so no more hanging around irc with you people :P Many of you won't miss me :) Just get everyone to turn on irc and idle there... I mean its basically what people besides the Australians do.

Louie
10-07-2004, 07:52 PM
I think an IRC day would be good. If more people we on IRC it would definitely help improve the quaility of discussions here on the boards.

Ashley
10-07-2004, 08:41 PM
IRC day is a great idea. We need to get IRC back up to what it was in it's heyday.
Speaking of IRC pimping, where is the oringial IRC pimp Mags?

Flightfreak
10-07-2004, 08:55 PM
mirc day is a good idea, but not many people now how to work whit mirc why don’t ask Barrington to include a realtime chat box in the forum,
it would be allot easier, and there would be allot more people on it,
here a link for the administrators:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17866 ;)

Moe
10-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Instructions on how to use mirc to log on to the KKW channel on IRC

Step 1: Download mirc, you can get it here (http://www.mirc.com/get.html).
Step 2: Install mirc by double-clicking on the setup file.
Step 3: Start mirc by double-clicking on the mirc icon.
Step 4: In the window that appears, type this:/server irc.hwcommunity.com and hit enter to join the server.
Step 5: Type /nick Keira to change your name to Keira (or anything else you like, just replace Keira with your name)
Step 6: Type /j #kkw to join the KKW channel.
Step 7: All done, you may chat now.

Spire
11-07-2004, 01:41 AM
I can be on there in the evenings, although I doubt anyone cares.

deviljet88
11-07-2004, 01:50 AM
I can be on there in the evenings, although I doubt anyone cares.
Of course we cares, but I don't know your timezone :P

Spire
11-07-2004, 02:05 AM
US Central.

Mags
16-07-2004, 05:57 AM
*Mags the IRC Pimp comes rushing through the door*

My apologies dear members. Due to circumstances beyond my control (and evidentally my credit card) my home internet service has been disconnected until those fucks at SBC figure out how to reconnect it (it doesn't sound too difficult to me, but these guys could make blinking seem strenuous). You would also think that because I work in a huge office building where I have my own computer I would have internet access there, but alas, this company's IT department is run by a despotic nerd who litters his office with the corpses of computers that have proven themselves useless to them. Said supernerd monitors EVERY single webpage employees visit and often has popups on the screen to tell employees that he knows they're looking at a website they shouldn't be looking at (read, anything but work related sites).

Anyway, as a result of this longwinded series of events, I have been MIA for about the last three weeks. My pimping duties have been neglected and for that I sincerely apologise.

Therefore, to IRC with you....

go, I say, go.

Kelsey
16-07-2004, 06:12 AM
Damn SBC.

IRC Day = great idea.

Mags...check your PMs.

deviljet88
16-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Still noone's thought of a date or we're still trying to recruit? *is sick of talking to the same people who insist on calling him their love child.