PDA

View Full Version : Fuck indonesia.

Narg
27-05-2005, 04:27 AM
Watched the shappel corby case today. We give indonesia billions of dollars worth of aid, and they send a beautifull Australian woman to jail for 20 years. For something she clearly didnt do.

Fucking bunch of rock apes. They can go die for all i care.

deviljet88
27-05-2005, 06:25 AM
I find it absolutely ridiculous that Corby gets so much suffering, then such a verdict when the Bali 9 (or some members of it) are DEFINITELY drug traffickers, caught on tape etc. She needs suicide watch.

duckula
27-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Could one of the board's convicts possibly provide a concise and cogent summary of what the fuck it is you are talking about?

deviljet88
27-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Australian beauty student gets caught in Indonesia with marijuana in her luggage. Court case, mass publicity in Australia, she pleads innocence, today sentenced to 20 years in jail.

Liam
27-05-2005, 09:47 AM
If she did do it, then she deserves what she gets. If she didn't do it, she still deserves some of what she got for being foolish enough to forget to lock her bags.

In any case, its not the place of the Australian Government to meddle in the affairs of the Indonesian justice system. Look at it the other way around - we would be pretty pissed off if we caught an Indonesian drug smuggler in Australia and their Government shoved their nose in everything. Its odds on she'll spend her jail time in a low security womens prison in Australia, anyway.

I agree with John Howard. I sympathise with her, but we have to accept the verdict.

Edit: Foreign Minister Downer has already offered two Queensland QC's for a possible appeal against the verdict, so we'll just have to see where that goes.

Edit 2: The Bali 9 will get theirs, dont worry about that. Most of them will be executed, I reckon. The rest will get life. Schapelle Corby got off extremely lightly with 20 years.

Ranman
27-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Are you kidding, 20 years for having pot?

That Judge needs to get laid in the worst way.

Liam
27-05-2005, 11:39 AM
In Indonesia, marijuana is a class 1 drug - ranked with heroin and cocaine. Trafficking in any sort of sizeable quantity generally brings the death penalty.

Ranman
27-05-2005, 12:21 PM
The Death Penalty for smoking pot?

I guess I'll put Indonesia on my list of places never to visit.

deviljet88
27-05-2005, 12:48 PM
There's a difference between smoking pot and trafficking it. I think she's staying in an Indonesian jail which makes matters worse. They look very primitive...

Liam
27-05-2005, 01:22 PM
I'd be surprised if she serves more than six months to a year in a foreign jail. I think they may let the hype die down, then bring her home.

In any case, the way they cheered as the verdict was delivered hardly won them any fans. I can see a lot of people cheering next time a bloody great wave washes half their country out to sea.

hasselbrad
27-05-2005, 02:20 PM
I'd be surprised if she serves more than six months to a year in a foreign jail. I think they may let the hype die down, then bring her home.

In any case, the way they cheered as the verdict was delivered hardly won them any fans. I can see a lot of people cheering next time a bloody great wave washes half their country out to sea.

Ding...ding...ding.
I was going to say "fuck Indonesia" for the way they told us we had to be out of their country by a certain date after the tsunami. Double fuck them now.

Narg
27-05-2005, 03:50 PM
The way they handled it just breeds racial hatred throughout Australia. 8months of rubbish corby had to go through. Fucking disgusting, then to be sent to one of there putrid jails. I'd kill myself if i where her.

Digital_Ice
27-05-2005, 05:56 PM
one thing i dont get is:

how can they make something which occurs naturally on this planet illegal??

mind you.... i disagree with most laws from most governments...

Meteora
27-05-2005, 10:09 PM
how can they make something which occurs naturally on this planet illegal??
I fail to see how a substance's origin affects whether or not the substance's effects on human behavior are to be avoided.

Let's take some other things which are illegal or disdained--but also occure naturally.

Murder.
Disease.
Rape.
Pollution.

How can they make those things illegal?

KRev
27-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Ahhh...

Nice to see another country being bashed, for once.

Digital_Ice
27-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Murder.
Disease.
Rape.
Pollution.

how exactly are these "natural", they dont exactly grow from the ground. they are caused by something... namely us.

I fail to see how a substance's origin affects whether or not the substance's effects on human behavior are to be avoided.
so why is alchohol legal, but weed etc isnt?

take for example this (i know it is a very blanket statement but whatcha going to do :p)

exsesive alchohol consuption - violent tendancies....

excessive intake of pot... - dosile tendancies.

To quote mr hicks:
Pot is a better drug than alcohol - fact, and I'll prove it. You're at a ballgame, you're at a concert, someone's really violent, aggressive and obnoxious, are they drunk or are they smoking pot? (Audience) Drunk! The one and only correct answer, tell them what they've won, Johnny. I have never seen people on pot get in a fight because it is fucking impossible! Hey, buddy. Hey, what? End of argument. Say you get in a car accident, and you've been smoking pot. You're only going four miles an hour. Vroom... CRASH. Shit, we hit something. Forgot to open the garage door, man. We got to get the garage door open so Domino's knows we're home!

(oh, and just so you know... i dont smoke pot... i just like posing balanced arguments.. and inspiring healthy debate)

duckula
28-05-2005, 12:44 AM
If I understand the issue correctly, everyone is upset because a pretty girl got caught smuggling drugs? Boo hoo. Let the bitch rot.

Dionysus
28-05-2005, 02:12 AM
20 years is a pretty light sentence in Indonesia for smuggling a class 1 drug thats for sure, they said on the news that alot of anti-drug advocates in Indonesia are upset coz of the light sentence

what i don't like about the whole thing is that i can't see how they proved her guilt, it should have come to a non-decision, or whatever its called when they can't decide whether they're guilty or innocent and get thrown out of court

my mum was coming up from Sydney with a stop-over in Brisbane, she had a lock on her bag and when she got her bag back the lock was gone, WHAT THE FUCK, i rekon some fucking baggage handlers put something in my mums bag. it wouldn't be hard to have some bolt cutters just laying around, they rekon that whole baggage handler teams are all dodgy.

anyway, she can still get off with an appeal and i think the Indonesian president said to John Howard that he MAY do something as well

My 2 cents: I think shes innocent

If I understand the issue correctly, everyone is upset because a pretty girl got caught smuggling drugs? Boo hoo. Let the bitch rot.

its not that at all man

she had 4.1kg of weed in her unlocked boogie-board bag, noone in their right mind would take 4.1kg of weed to Indonesia, its worth 5 imes more here in Australia than over there, everyone knows that

its hard to explain the whole case coz its been going on since last october, and i dont feel like typing for 2 hours, just :icon_goog if you want to know the whole thing, you'll see that it doesnt all add up

Meteora
28-05-2005, 05:26 AM
how exactly are these "natural", they dont exactly grow from the ground. they are caused by something... namely us.
They happen in nature.

Animals murder each other. Ever heard of wolves or lions? Dogs? Any territorial carnivore? Rhinos? Hippos? I'm not talking about hunting--I'm talking about murdering for purposes other than food.

Many animal species rape each other.

Disease is completely natural, as is the spreading of diseases.

Pollution has been happening for millions and millions of years. In fact, all animals are reliant on pollution.

How does that have anything to do with origin? Apparently you completely missed my point. Hell, you completely missed your own, original point.

duckula
28-05-2005, 01:09 PM
she had 4.1kg of weed in her unlocked boogie-board bag, noone in their right mind would take 4.1kg of weed to Indonesia, its worth 5 imes more here in Australia than over there, everyone knows that

A stupid criminal, how rare. And the cost issue doesn't stand up because people obviously smuggle drugs into there so saying it doesn't make sense to, doesn't stand up.

Foeni
28-05-2005, 01:10 PM
my mum was coming up from Sydney with a stop-over in Brisbane, she had a lock on her bag and when she got her bag back the lock was gone, WHAT THE FUCK, i rekon some fucking baggage handlers put something in my mums bag. it wouldn't be hard to have some bolt cutters just laying around, they rekon that whole baggage handler teams are all dodgy.
Customs officials???

In case she's guilty, I agree with Duckula. Let her rot.
In many countries it would be illegal if 'discovered' now. The reason they're not doing it now, is that it's a part of our daily lives. Imagine to ban people from drinking wine at dinner...

deviljet88
28-05-2005, 11:18 PM
In many countries it would be illegal if 'discovered' now. The reason they're not doing it now, is that it's a part of our daily lives. Imagine to ban people from drinking wine at dinner...

A bit the same with tobacco, though they've got moguls everywhere to prevent it from being banned or pushed off the market completely.

I still think there is too much doubt in this case to give such a heavy sentence. Bali 9 (the bunch of knobs that taped drugs to their bodies) should get such heavy sentences because you've got hard proof against them (video tape, recorded audio), but Schapelle... nup.

acliff
29-05-2005, 10:04 AM
A bit the same with tobacco, though they've got moguls everywhere to prevent it from being banned or pushed off the market completely.

I still think there is too much doubt in this case to give such a heavy sentence. Bali 9 (the bunch of knobs that taped drugs to their bodies) should get such heavy sentences because you've got hard proof against them (video tape, recorded audio), but Schapelle... nup.

Except that they found 4.1 kg of weed on her person? And if I remember correctly, the volume is 4.1 kg of weed is immense, as is the smell.

deviljet88
29-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Except that they found 4.1 kg of weed on her person? And if I remember correctly, the volume is 4.1 kg of weed is immense, as is the smell.
No. The 4.1 kg of weed was found in her boogie boarding bag which Dionysus has already pointed out. The Bali 9 were the ones who had the drug taped to their body.

Scott
29-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Personally, I think she's guilty. While I don't have any sources on this right now, I heard that her father and her brother have both been charged with possession prior to this.