PDA

View Full Version : Roland Garros

Leonie
26-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Omg, I'm starting another thread.

Roland Garros, yes. Tennis.

Who do you think is going to win? Who is your favourite player and why? Have any of you perhaps even visited the clay court grand slam?

As for me, I'm hoping that either Safin or Ferrero will win the men's tournament. They are up against each other now, which makes things a little more difficult... As for the lady's tournament, I couldn't care less, which is a little ambivalent of me, as I play tennis myself. It's just... boring and uninteresting, and they make weird noises...

I think Marat Safin will win. It's either him, Rafael Nadal, Juan Carlos Ferrero if he somehow manages to get his act together, or Roger Federer. Please, let the latter lose worse than anyone's ever lost before. Pretty please?

apoggy
26-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Isnt Roland Garros that crappy clay tournament thats a warm up for Wimbledon?

Kendorjia
26-05-2005, 07:16 PM
I love Tennis, i don't play it, and i don't watch every game... but i do love the game... it's very cool and i have a lot of respect for the players... often, the men then, playing for longer than three hours in the sun... respect...

However, also for the same reason i don't really care about the men, i do like tennis, but if i have to watch it three hours i get bored... so i prefer women coz they only have to play three sets max which rarely take more than three hours, sure they make weird noises, like Leonie has said but the men often do too... besides, men base their tennis on power and strenght, while with women there's often a lot more technique, or maybe, how do you say it... sensual, but not in a sexual way...

anyway, i hope nadal wins the men's tournament.. he's just awesome, almost no weak points and still so young...

women, well Clijsters of course, being belgian myself, i hope our pride (even more so than justin, coz clijsters is flemmish) will win the tournament... but even if she wasn't belgian i'd still root for her, she's just great... and yet she does not look down on anyone... she still stays the down to earth friendly girl, i can dig that... other than clijsters, well sharapova :D what can i say? i'm a guy, and she's cute hehe... but i do think she's a good player as well... she's got that... i'm gonna kill you look... which i respect, i love a fighter, today, in her match vs rezai, when maria was playing a bit crap, she was totally looking mad click here (http://www.mariaworld.net/frenchopen0528.jpg) to see what i mean, like goddamnit f-ing b.... cool stuff ;) and again, she's still so young, and already talented...

i've never been to the french open yet... but i'm thinkin about going next year, should be a blast

hasselbrad
26-05-2005, 07:37 PM
I always had a soft spot for clay. It was the only surface my fat ass could be competitive on. ;)

Kendorjia
26-05-2005, 07:39 PM
I always had a soft spot for clay. It was the only surface my fat ass could be competitive on. ;)

waahaahah sorry, but i thought that was hilarious.... are u serious? :D;)

hasselbrad
26-05-2005, 07:40 PM
waahaahah sorry, but i thought that was hilarious.... are u serious? :D;)

Sadly, yes. I used to play, and clay was my favorite. Now I'm fat and old, so I play golf.

deviljet88
27-05-2005, 06:28 AM
Hope Federer wins for Leonie's sake.

Leonie
27-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Danke. I hope dear Hewitt wins, because I know how much Jet loves him. After all, he is Australia's hero :icon_razz

marine
27-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Rolland Garros is my fav grand slam. It's in France and it's clay. My fav suface, because players really have to built the points and it's a slower surface.

I hope Nadal will win, I'm sure he has the talents, I hope he'll be able to bear the pressure. I think Coria has a good shot too if he can handle the pressure and if he doesn't get hurt. Safin might get a shot if he injury isn't too bad. and of course there's Federer (even though it is not his surface)

As for the women, I don't know, in France they are backing Mauresmo, not my favourite player, but if she can handle the pressure she has a really good shot. She has been playing really well lately. I hope Clijsters will go far in the tournament.

oh and between: Wimbledon is the warm up for the us open. the grass period has to be my least favourite season on the tennis season.

deviljet88
27-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Danke. I hope dear Hewitt wins, because I know how much Jet loves him. After all, he is Australia's hero :icon_razz
*mutters* That...faggot... Hasn't he stuffed some minor body part doing domestic duties?

Leonie
30-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Meh. Safin is out. Unfair.

Did I mention I don't particularly like Robredo?

deviljet88
31-05-2005, 10:02 AM
http://imgserv.ya.com/galerias2.ya.com/img/9/991f72b0131cb35i3.jpg

For the people who were like me and went... "Who???"

Actually I'm still Who... but I'm assuming he beat Safin or something.

AureaMediocritas
31-05-2005, 08:33 PM
I would really appreciate Miss Justine Henin-Hardenne to win this year, it would
procure me almost orgiastic pleasure.

deviljet88
01-06-2005, 12:42 PM
Woot, Henin's going to racquet-whip the crap out of Pierce and I can watch the frogs cry because their local champion got ousted. Suckers.

frodo1511
05-06-2005, 01:00 AM
Federer disapointed me. He ran out of steam against Nadal. Oh well, he's living god on grass courts.

deviljet88
05-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Woot, Henin's going to racquet-whip the crap out of Pierce and I can watch the frogs cry because their local champion got ousted. Suckers.
Shit yeah, go Henin :D

Kendorjia
05-06-2005, 03:02 PM
i am happy a belgian player won, however, i prefer kim as she's flemmish, and henin kicked maria out of the tournament... CRAP, oh well, Wimbledon will make it all better again :D

Leonie
05-06-2005, 04:40 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO .

That little cocky ****** won. Bugger. I was hoping Puerta would win, as he seems heaps nicer. It's hard not to look nicer than Nadal. He's Hewitt times ten. Which isn't a good thing really. Meh.

marine
05-06-2005, 04:52 PM
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leonie
05-06-2005, 04:59 PM
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But why? Yes, he's damn good, but he's also damn arrogant. Argh. How annoying.

Kendorjia
05-06-2005, 07:33 PM
i like nadal, as an athlete, not as a person, i'm not really interested in him as a person... i don't think he's arrogant though, well that's the impression he has given me.. he looks quite friendly...

but anyway, like or dislike him, he is a worthy winner... he has played, and beaten some great players...

Leonie
05-06-2005, 08:08 PM
He's an awesome player, no doubt about that. I just dislike the attitude he displays on court. What's wrong with being a little more introvert? The jumping, the screaming... It annoys me to no end, and it makes him look extremely cocky. And what's with the long pants?

Kendorjia
05-06-2005, 08:51 PM
And what's with the long pants

Pirate-look... Maybe Nadal has been captivated by Keira's performance in potc as well :D

Meh, the jumping and screaming, it doesn't bother me that much, it's just a way of boosting yourself... Like Davids did during the national anthem when they had to play italy at euro2000... If Nadal is happy when he wins a game and he wants to jump around the court then i'm not gonna stop him... it's also a mindgame, trying to break the other player...

Of course, he could be a bit more introvert, it would give him a lesser "macho" image than he has now...

But he's also quite nice, remember when he played Malisse, he wanted to help him get up again after his split... not many players would do such a thing either...