PDA

View Full Version : Stories Of Lost Souls

KnightleyNews
24-05-2005, 10:09 PM
She certainly keeps quiet about some of these things....

Keira recorded a short film in 2004 which formed part of a 90-minue movie called Stories of Lost Souls, a 'collage of six stories of lonely people in unexpected situations'. It was distributed by an Argentinian (!) company and premiered in November last year at the American Film Market. It has recently been shown at Cannes. Among other big-name stars in the movie were Josh Hartnett, Paul Bettany, Illeana Douglas, Cate Blanchett, James Gandolfini and Hugh Jackman.
At present there's no mention of a theatrical release, so it may do the round of the festivals, as did Pure, before it turns up on a movie channel like Sundance or FilmFour.
Keep 'em peeled for more info !

Paul

Kendorjia
24-05-2005, 10:30 PM
damn, thx for the info man.... awesome stuff... i wanna see it... let's hope for a viewin sometime, someplace

Ardnax
25-05-2005, 05:34 AM
I'm hoping this will come to Sweden, four of my favorite actors in it...

Idle
25-05-2005, 08:14 AM
I found a picture (http://mitglied.lycos.de/jhforum/lost%20souls.jpg) of the poster.

Edward
25-05-2005, 09:24 AM
nice one idle

Kendorjia
25-05-2005, 11:28 AM
nice pic... she has a bit of a "jules" look in it it seems, which i can only be happy about as it is my fav style :P

KnightleyNews
25-05-2005, 11:44 AM
nice pic... she has a bit of a "jules" look in it it seems, which i can only be happy about as it is my fav style :P

Keira's changing hairstyles are always good for dating things like this. It doesn't look like the long, dark King Arthur/Jacket look or the long blonde Pirates look. Seems to be more of the Love Actually period, which was September 2003-ish. That's assuming the poster pic is from the film, which I'd guess it would be.

I've now found three synopses:

- What defies expectations leads to the unpredictable...Six short stories of conquest, desperation and the will to overcome.
- Six stories of lonely souls in unexpected situations.
- Frantic individuals discover to what extremes they will go to resolve desperate circumstances.

Let's hope the Cannes exposure will result in a distribution deal. I don't think they'd have a shortage of interested companies with a cast like that :)

Paul

Idle
25-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Seems to be more of the Love Actually period, which was September 2003-ish.
Wouldn't that be 2002? I'm quite sure Love Actually was shot before Pirates.

Kendorjia
25-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Wouldn't that be 2002? I'm quite sure Love Actually was shot before Pirates.

well i was under the impression they were shot kinda around the same time... maybe keira's scenes in la were shot during pre-prod of potc or so...

update:la was indeed shot after potc

Digital_Ice
25-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Love Actually started shooting in spetember 2002 till about the end of november (i think), and was released in (november) 2003.

KnightleyNews
25-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Love Actually started shooting in spetember 2002 till about the end of november (i think), and was released in (november) 2003.

Yeah, you're right - 2002. Slip of the finger :icon_redf

Paul

Leonie
25-05-2005, 01:31 PM
If you listen to Love Actually's comentary, you'll hear that either Richard Curtis or that bloke who played the rock star asked Keira what she was going to do next, to which she replied "Pirates of the Caribbean". They warned her that pirate movies are hardly ever a success etc... So I'd assume Love Actually was shot prior to PotC.

In other news, I really want to see Stories of Lost Souls, I wonder what kind of role she's got. Sneaky Keira, she's got all these projects that she just never talks about... It's all about the mysterious image :icon_bigg It's a nice surprise for sure :)

Awesome job on finding out about it, Paul :)

KnightleyNews
30-05-2005, 12:27 AM
Stories of Lost Souls is not, alas, a new Keira performance but it still is to most people - it's a compilation of six unconnected short stories of which Keira's is the 2002 'New Year's Eve'.

And now for the good news - I was told about this tonight by someone from Wisconsin who picked up a copy of the movie on DVD - in his local Wal-Mart bargain bin for $5.50 !!! :icon_surp

It doesn't seem to be listed on any Internet store so how it came to be out on DVD is anyone's guess, but I'd go and have a rummage in Wal-Mart, you never know what you might find !

More info on New Year's Eve on my front page.

Paul

Digital_Ice
04-06-2005, 03:07 PM
for anyone with any spare cash...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6402534969&translate=yes

unfortunatly... i'm skint... so i cant get it... but i thought one of you guys might.

Edward
08-06-2005, 09:26 AM
jesus christ!, it went for over £30 :p

KnightleyNews
16-06-2005, 09:00 PM
< trumpet fanfare >

I'm very happy to announce that New Year's Eve is now online at KeiraWeb. There's a page of 34 DVD captures and a two-part clip of Keira's scenes. She never moves from a seated position behind a table, but there's lots of close-ups for those who like such things :-)

This is one of those hidden Keira gems like Mindscape, Deflation and Gaijin that we had almost resigned ourselves to never being able to see. We must be thankful to whoever decided to include it on this obscure DVD compilation Stories of Lost Souls.

Personally I'm thankful to a complete stranger in Wisconsin who sent a copy to me 3,000 miles away free of charge as a thank you for KeiraWeb. Things like that make it all worth it sometimes :)

Paul

Sandra
22-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Does anybody have it as a downloadable?

Leonie
22-02-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm very happy to announce that New Year's Eve is now online at KeiraWeb. There's a page of 34 DVD captures and a two-part clip of Keira's scenes. She never moves from a seated position behind a table, but there's lots of close-ups for those who like such things :-)

If it's not there anymore, it'll be difficult to track it down.

KnightleyNews
23-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Here's Keira's scenes edited into two clips.
http://www.keiraweb.com/nye1.wmv
http://www.keiraweb.com/nye2.wmv

Paul

Leonie
24-02-2006, 06:57 AM
Here's Keira's scenes edited into two clips.
http://www.keiraweb.com/nye1.wmv
http://www.keiraweb.com/nye2.wmv

Paul
Such service :icon_bigg

kingdumbass
25-02-2006, 09:57 AM
I don't know how the hell you do it, Paul....