PDA

View Full Version : "Pure" Coming to America June 10th!

ScarJo
23-05-2005, 06:19 AM
Finally!

But I'm curious. Is it worth travelling 140 miles (225 kilometers) roundtrip? Especially since Keira only has a supporting role.

Feedback much appreciated.

Sarah
23-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Keira has a pretty big role in it, worth watching, she's very good in it. Great performance.

KnightleyNews
23-05-2005, 02:09 PM
I've never considered her part to be a 'supporting role' in this film - she's in it as much as, if not more than, the other stars Molly Parker and Harry Eden.
Not sure I'd go 140 miles to see it, but it IS up there with Doctor Zhivago as my two fave Keira performances. Don't forget it was these two roles that made Keira decide to give up further ed and pursue acting full time.
Very strong, powerful, and a world away from the fluff of POTC and Love Actually. Great soundtrack too.
A few caps which may help you decide:
http://www.keiraweb.com/DVD-Pure.html

Paul

ScarJo
24-05-2005, 01:49 AM
Thanks.

Guess I misunderstood some of the blurbs I read here and there regarding the size of her role.

"Pure" made her give up schooling? Well, then I'm already a fan of the film!

KnightleyNews
25-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Poster for the US release (guess who's prominent?):
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=7584

Rather better than the original one:
http://www.oneposter.com/UserData/Poster/Poster_8920.jpg

Paul

KRev
27-05-2005, 06:57 AM
Nice. She deserves to be front and center.

Leonie
27-05-2005, 08:35 AM
Nice. She deserves to be front and center.

Yes, because judging from your avatar, you really appreciate Keira for her artistic abilities :icon_razz

KRev
27-05-2005, 10:42 PM
It's what's on the inside that counts...

squirrel
05-07-2005, 02:20 PM
i have seen pure on the sundance channel here in the states. it would be quite good even w/o keira in it, but i only watched it b/c she was in it. story, acting, direction...all good. she does very well, though she doesn't really look like the crack whores i've seen.

Veejyburger
09-11-2005, 06:19 PM
I saw Pure when it was screened at the london Film Festival way back then in Nov 2002. Was an excellent film despite Keira being in it :icon_razz . And i highly recommend it.

Adam
20-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Everyone is trying to cash in on Keira now. She is most definately a supporting role in this film (IMO) as she hardly affects the story in anyway, if she wasn't there - nothing much would change - so she shouldn't be front face. However it is a great film and she gives a great performance, but it annoys me a bit. They've done the same with The Hole now.

Definately go see it though - ignore my ramble, she is in it quite a bit and is exceptional.

Ranman
20-01-2006, 04:51 PM
she hardly affects the story in anyway, if she wasn't there - nothing much would change

So if she wasn't in it I guess the little boy would't have tried heroin
and his mom wouldn't have seen this and tried to clean up her act.

Adam
21-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Hmm, I said 'nothing much'. ;P

evelyn
27-01-2006, 04:09 PM
actually, kk is undoubtedly a main role in the film
n she performs really well! i've watched the film weeks ago, n it's very good.

KnightleyNews
27-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Slightly off-topic, but relevant nonetheless, those in the UK with BBC3 who have yet to see Pure will get the chance when it premieres in their Friday night season of Brit indie movies. The season starts on February 10th but each film is yet to be scheduled.

Paul