PDA

View Full Version : Packin' up my steel guitar.

hasselbrad
20-05-2005, 11:43 PM
I'm off to Nashville, Tennessee. I've quit my job and decided to follow my dream to be a country and western singer. I've got to go pack up my sequined suits and ten gallon hat. Y'all be sure to look for me at the Grand Ol' Opry, ya hear!
;)

deviljet88
20-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Good luck old man :D

Digital_Ice
21-05-2005, 12:12 AM
yeah good luck.

and what is it with the sequined suits and ten gallon hat, is it some sort of uniform? or do all you country and western singers have some strange dress sense?

Keyser_so_so
21-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Good luck! It's always awesome to hear someone leaving shit behind and going for what they want.

Brown Guy
21-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Man, that takes some real balls. I also concur with the good luck.

JackYang
23-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Good Luck !

Ranman
24-05-2005, 01:20 PM
If your going you don't need your favorite wedge, can I have it?

hasselbrad
26-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Dreams crushed. They said that you actually needed to have talent, i.e. being able to sing and play guitar. I said it hadn't stopped Toby Keith, and when he heard what I'd said, he put his boot in my ass!
Actually, I spent a few days at a meeting in Nashville. Damn, what a depressing place. Lots of streetpeople, and all of them playing ratty old guitars or beating on 5 gallon paint buckets for change. Obviously, a lot of them had done exactly what I joked about doing.
And, no, Ranman...you'll have to pry the wedge out of my cold, dead hands. The sequined suits and steel guitar are on eBay though. ;)

kelsen13
30-05-2005, 05:25 AM
oh, it's a bummer that it didn't work out for you. don't sell your stuff though. write a song about it and go back and try again :-)

Jacoby
30-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Dreams crushed. They said that you actually needed to have talent, i.e. being able to sing and play guitar. I said it hadn't stopped Toby Keith, and when he heard what I'd said, he put his boot in my ass!
Actually, I spent a few days at a meeting in Nashville. Damn, what a depressing place. Lots of streetpeople, and all of them playing ratty old guitars or beating on 5 gallon paint buckets for change. Obviously, a lot of them had done exactly what I joked about doing.
And, no, Ranman...you'll have to pry the wedge out of my cold, dead hands. The sequined suits and steel guitar are on eBay though. ;)

My friend goes to school in Nashville. He went out there because it's one of the best music scenes ev0r. Seriously. He saw The Shins, Of Montreal, and Wilco all in one week...for less than 30 dollars. Ridonkulous.

I suggest something techno, Brad. You got that *unce* *unce* *unce* *do do do DO* style.

deviljet88
31-05-2005, 10:04 AM
I suggest something techno, Brad. You got that *unce* *unce* *unce* *do do do DO* style.

LMFAO, I'd really like to see that :icon_lol: