PDA

View Full Version : living in the states

dudDers-ley
09-05-2005, 10:01 PM
You know, it's not always what it's cracked up to be. Yes, you get cheaper postage on fanmail sent to California, but I can rarely get a magazine published in the UK. Like today, I went ot look for the UK version of Marie Claire and the bookstore didn't even have the US version. But they had all the other international versions of magazines like Vogue and Cosmo. So getting Keira magazines is very hard for a fan in the US.

Leonie
10-05-2005, 08:49 AM
Try living in the Netherlands - makes it even harder.

As for cheap postage to California... I think that generally, cheap postage to the UK, London to be precise, is more useful :icon_razz

barrington
10-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Airports are the best bet for international magazines. Erm. Yeah.

Kelsey
22-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Barnes and Noble has the UK magazines, I would try Borders also.

Kendorjia
23-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Try living in the Netherlands - makes it even harder.

As for cheap postage to California... I think that generally, cheap postage to the UK, London to be precise, is more useful :icon_razz

don't you have a store named IMS (International Magazine Store) in the netherlands? we have a few here in belgium and they have magazines from all over the world... a lot of the uk as well, i can find pretty much every uk mag that has an article on Keira there... They don't even cost a lot more than the uk price

Leonie
24-05-2005, 12:59 PM
I've never heard of IMS, but it sounds interesting.

I generally have access to most of the magazines, but they're ridiculously expensive. E7.50 for the UK Marie Claire? No thanks, that's almost double the price of a Dutch magazine. And I'm cheap. And a student. Etc.

Ranman
24-05-2005, 01:14 PM
You might be cheap, But your a nice person :cool: