PDA

View Full Version : What sound do you have set to play when Windows starts up?

Meteora
02-05-2005, 04:00 AM
That is, if you care enough to bother to change it at all.

Mine (http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/zekemeteora/Patton_theme_clip.mp3) is from the theme of the movie Patton. :D It'd kind of long at 19 seconds, but it works. Really gets me in the mood for whatever I have to do.

Ashley
02-05-2005, 05:32 AM
I turn off my computer probably once a month... or if I leave for more than 2 days... I don't think it's good for it but it saves me 30 secdonds turning it on again. Therefore, I hardly hear that noise, but I believe it's just the standard windows opening sound.

Digital_Ice
02-05-2005, 09:25 AM
this thread is, of course, assuming we are running windows.... anyway... i currently have the same sound effect as when someone signs into msn messenger.. the "Hello" ripped straight from Worms World Party...

I turn off my computer probably once a month... or if I leave for more than 2 days... I don't think it's good for it but it saves me 30 secdonds turning it on again. Therefore, I hardly hear that noise, but I believe it's just the standard windows opening sound.

i'd be in the same situation... except this hunk of crap crashes every 30 seconds anyway

deviljet88
02-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Nothing. The chorus of default Windows XP booting up sounds annoyed everyone at school so it was a general concensus to delete it.

Mags
02-05-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm with Jet, as I use my laptop everyday in class and that would be crazy annoying.

I knew someone who used to have Homer's "D'Oh" every time his computer shut down...and had it hooked up to a stereo...so the entire room would reverberate with Simpsons glory.

Talyn
03-05-2005, 09:11 AM
I have the Tardis noise from Doctor Who. Sad huh?

Urbanebula
03-05-2005, 09:31 AM
Not that bad. I'm sadder! :p

Dr.Breen of Half-Life 2 : "Welcome to City 17. It's safer here."

frodo1511
04-05-2005, 01:08 AM
The recharging shield from Halo.

JackYang
04-05-2005, 03:14 AM
I use the default XP sound.

Dionysus
04-05-2005, 05:22 AM
"WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION NUMBNUTS!" - from full metal jacket

and my new mail sound is concord being shot by an arrow in the holy grail "Shhhww Message for you sir" :D

Spire
04-05-2005, 06:36 AM
Selected bits from the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack.

Keyser_so_so
05-05-2005, 03:06 PM
'There'll be no living with her after this' said by one Jack Sparrow. Sorry about how said it seems being on the KKwavefront forum, but I was trying to find one that sort of talked about setting off on something.

When I shut down I have the bit from Pulp Fiction, after Uma gets the adrenaline shot: 'huh- that was fuckin' trippy!'

I've had better ones on my startup, and right now I'm working on getting some .wavs from the Muse DVD ('sit the fuck down!!!!!!!' anybody?)